______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    Love that record^^^album art front and back is very cool. Must have been hard to create that. no computer programs...
  • Feeder-Tallulah
  • Black,red,yellowBlack,red,yellow Posts: 123
    edited August 2019
    L7 bricks are heavy
    Post edited by Black,red,yellow on
  • Reading 91 

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    war on drugs-a deeper understanding 
    ben harper and the innocent criminals-burn to shine
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    dankind said:

How is that? The terrible cover always made me worry about the media. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Honestly, it's not a great pressing. I'm fairly certain that Unplugged was likely recorded digitally as it is.

That's not always a bad thing -- see Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' Live Anthology or Nirvana Unplugged, for that matter -- but these platters come off a little flat.

That being said, I still love listening to these performances.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Honestly, it's not a great pressing. I'm fairly certain that Unplugged was likely recorded digitally as it is.

That's not always a bad thing -- see Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' Live Anthology or Nirvana Unplugged, for that matter -- but these platters come off a little flat.

TP Live Anthology is amazing.  I agree that there's plenty of recordings that have digitization in the chain that are still supreme.  I never thought of MTV as good caretakers of audio quality though.  Although there are a few like Clapton, AIC and Nirvana that are good.  
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

I have a few of these "Rosenbaum" remixes.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

TP Live Anthology is amazing.  I agree that there's plenty of recordings that have digitization in the chain that are still supreme.  I never thought of MTV as good caretakers of audio quality though.  Although there are a few like Clapton, AIC and Nirvana that are good.  

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

That cd is fine.  Im taking nothing away from the performance,  but the sq is just okay.  I know there was a Brazil LP of this from back on 93 or whenever,  but I have never heard it, or any other vinyl of this.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

That cd is fine.  Im taking nothing away from the performance,  but the sq is just okay.  I know there was a Brazil LP of this from back on 93 or whenever,  but I have never heard it, or any other vinyl of this.  
    Ok. Let me redo that then:

https://youtu.be/gTw2GpzRGbg

(haha)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

(haha)
    Did they play "Fits Like a Glove"?  Such depth to them. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

(haha)
    No. But Gene did when I saw him solo two summers ago in Stockholm - AND I WAS STOKED!

https://youtu.be/M788AQri7SQ
    arctic monkeys-tranquility base..
    tragically hip-day for night
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

(haha)
    No. But Gene did when I saw him solo two summers ago in Stockholm - AND I WAS STOKED!

I honestly don't know if that makes you lucky or most unlucky. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

(haha)

I honestly don't know if that makes you lucky or most unlucky. 
    Very lucky. Having the chance to watch Gene having fun on stage (which doesn't seem to be the case when playing with KISS), having a varied and fun setlist covering both hits and deep cuts (which you don't get with Paul controlling KISS) made me a very lucky man.

And even though Fits like a Glove is a fun live-song I was the most thrilled to get one of my favorites off the, underrated, album Unmasked - She's so European:

https://youtu.be/SbrJoHUoxN0

noah gundersen-white noise