2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Red Rocks is bucket list for me, but I think it's bucket list for many people.  I would very much like to do a road trip from Vancouver Island to Red Rocks to see PJ.   Given the Venue only holds 10k people, it would be a tough show to get tickets for.   I don't see Pearl Jam doing a residency at a small venue so everyone can tickets.   Still, if someone how it did happen, and I could get tickets, I would go :)
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    edited August 2019
    Please....give us some Texas shows
    Texas so deserves some love and not another ACL date.  They could easily sellout any venue x 3 and make $$$$$$ to support the smaller cities on the tour.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    edited August 2019

Post edited by vedpunk on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Red rocks is a bucket list venue for me. Would make the trip if PJ played there. Plus legal weed. Just like California. No withdrawal for me. Lol
    Beautiful venue but if I'm ever back no way am I dealing with GA again
    That whole place is essentially GA.  No seats, no security.
    I've had friends buy in the reserved section and not report any weirdness. Have you experienced something else?
    It's very chill, but almost to a fault. There are no seats, it's just stone steps with seat numbers written on them, so by the end, everybody has funneled down. If someone pays a premium for a ticket in the front 10 rows and expects to have their own reserved space without infringement, it could get rough.
    The one show I went to there, the reserved section was like 1/3 of the way up. Everything in front and behind was GA.

There was the usual GA horseshit with early lineups and people cutting in last minute. Then we get in and people start laying out giant sheets and blankets and duct taping them to the benches to claim space for all their friends. Fuuuuuuuuuck that. Fun to go once...glad it's not my local...that shit would drive me crazy.
  • Today, a radio station in Detroit reported there are rumors of a new PJ album and tour for 2020.  I hope they are right.
    1994: ANN ARBOR
    2011: DETROIT (EV), HAMILTON
    2012: OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MEMPHIS (EV)
    2013: LONDON, CHICAGO, VANCOUVER, SEATTLE
    2014: ST. LOUIS, DETROIT
    2015: CHICAGO (EV & TOWNSHEND), NEW YORK
    2016: QUEBEC CITY, OTTAWA, TORONTO 1, BOSTON 1 & 2
    2018: LONDON 1, CHICAGO 1
    2022: HAMILTON

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Today, a radio station in Detroit reported there are rumors of a new PJ album and tour for 2020.  I hope they are right.
    Nice to hear though I wonder where that got that info from. Altnation pops up everywhere. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Red rocks is a bucket list venue for me. Would make the trip if PJ played there. Plus legal weed. Just like California. No withdrawal for me. Lol
    I've had friends buy in the reserved section and not report any weirdness. Have you experienced something else?
    It's very chill, but almost to a fault. There are no seats, it's just stone steps with seat numbers written on them, so by the end, everybody has funneled down. If someone pays a premium for a ticket in the front 10 rows and expects to have their own reserved space without infringement, it could get rough.
    https://youtu.be/SgQ-IyK4RAs
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Red Rocks banned tarps some time ago.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    No way would I want to be part of that.  Oh hell no. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Ha. Not quite that crazy when I went but that was basically it. Just give me an assigned seat thanks.
  • SS151546SS151546 Posts: 20
    Zod said:
    Got a random text from a guy I worked with 20 years ago asking about a rumour he heard about PJ playing laketown shakedown next year  here on Vancouver Island.   That would be insanely cool to see them on my Island, but that festival is usually headline by leftover 80s bands.   Maybe 8 to 10k people.   The festival would need to up it's game to attract PJ.
    Was just in Tofino and Victoria.  Don't think island can handle that much traffic.  Would be incredible though.  
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    JimmyV said:
    I'd like to see some eastern cities they haven't played since 2003-2006 get shows, like Albany and Saratoga. They haven't been back to Montreal since 2011. 

Heck, they've barely been to CANADA since 2011.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    JimmyV said:
    I'd like to see some eastern cities they haven't played since 2003-2006 get shows, like Albany and Saratoga. They haven't been back to Montreal since 2011. 

Not entirely true.  They played Pemberton (Vancouver), Quebec City, Toronto and Ottawa.   Other then the odd band that does a full blown Canadian tour that's fairly average.  BC, Ontario, and Quebec :)
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    As long as they hit one of Boston, Hartford, NY or Philly, I can make something happen.  Philly would be my driving limit (8hrs). I have too much going on to do long road trips.  But I'm not selfish.  A Mass/Connecticut run like 2013 (where they were separated by a 10 days) would be perfect.   
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:

Not entirely true.  They played Pemberton (Vancouver), Quebec City, Toronto and Ottawa.   Other then the odd band that does a full blown Canadian tour that's fairly average.  BC, Ontario, and Quebec :)
    In 8 years they have done 7 shows in Canada and only visited 2 out of those 8 years. I would say they have barely been to Canada with those numbers by Pearl Jam standards. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Montreal is overdue.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    JimmyV said:
    Quick, somebody make up a rumor and save us from the politics. 

For immediate release 8/21/2019
    (Philadelphia, PA ):

Today the Biden For President campaign has announced their selection for Joe Biden's running mate for Vice President,
    Edward Louis Severson III of Seattle, Washington.

Mr. Severson is fairly well known as a leftist political operative who disseminates his vision for a more inclusive social and economic culture while performing in front of his part time touring 1990s nostalgia rock band.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    As long as they hit one of Boston, Hartford, NY or Philly, I can make something happen.  Philly would be my driving limit (8hrs). I have too much going on to do long road trips.  But I'm not selfish.  A Mass/Connecticut run like 2013 (where they were separated by a 10 days) would be perfect.   
    2013 was awesome. From Wrigley to Worcester to Hartford. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    kst said:
    Montreal is overdue.
    Co-signed.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    JimmyV said:

Barely? They played 5 shows in CANADA in 2016.

Extrapolating population, that's equivalent to 50 US shows in one year.

In the last 27 years...Thats happened ONLY twice, in 1998 and 2003.

So not bad CANADA, getting more shows than US, with respect to population. 
    edited August 2019
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:

In 8 years they have done 7 shows in Canada and only visited 2 out of those 8 years. I would say they have barely been to Canada with those numbers by Pearl Jam standards. 
    I would counter argue with that's barely been to Canada by Foo Fighters/Metallica standards, but that's a lot of dates for Pearl Jam :)  There's so many places they don't tour, or haven't toured in a long time.

I also think this is pretty much what we have to look forward too. PJ is trending to fewer dates and bigger venues.  That pretty much leaves BC, Ontario, Quebec, and maybe Alberta that can support those kind of shows.    I have a hard time seeing another cross Canada tour unless the decide to magically want to play bigger tours.
    Post edited by Zod on
    edited August 2019
    Speaking of Canada, today is the ten year anniversary of my favorite Canadian show. Pearl Jam opens for Pearl Jam. What a great night!

http://www.livefootsteps.org/setlist/?show_id=816

https://youtu.be/KIC5I20a7XA

Post edited by JimmyV on

• I saw Queen (yes, with Adam Lambert) last night in New Orleans at the Smoothie King center. All i could think about was PJ playing there. WE need another arena tour dammit! its been 3 and a half years....
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    The one show I went to there, the reserved section was like 1/3 of the way up. Everything in front and behind was GA.

There was the usual GA horseshit with early lineups and people cutting in last minute. Then we get in and people start laying out giant sheets and blankets and duct taping them to the benches to claim space for all their friends. Fuuuuuuuuuck that. Fun to go once...glad it's not my local...that shit would drive me crazy.
    I was there for MMJ a few weeks ago and can confirm this. GA is a nightmare due to the way it's set up with the benches. If it was a lawn with the same square footage there would be plenty of room for everyone. Definitely worth going, but get an assigned seat even if it's up high - the higher you go the better the scenery, so it's a nice trade-off.
    JimmyV said:

Barely? They played 5 shows in CANADA in 2016.

Extrapolating population, that's equivalent to 50 US shows in one year.

In the last 27 years...Thats happened ONLY twice, in 1998 and 2003.

So not bad CANADA, getting more shows than US, with respect to population. 
    Population has nothing to do with it though imo since they will always have great sales with shows here. Canada is the second biggest country in the world. I am Canadian and a show in Vancouver is a 54 hour drive away from me. Is that a home show? From 2012 to 2019 I have had 1 show that was a 7hr drive from me and that was the closest. 
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I was there for MMJ a few weeks ago and can confirm this. GA is a nightmare due to the way it's set up with the benches. If it was a lawn with the same square footage there would be plenty of room for everyone. Definitely worth going, but get an assigned seat even if it's up high - the higher you go the better the scenery, so it's a nice trade-off.
    MMJ for me, too, but 2015
    Canada 2020

• pjrusspjruss Posts: 449
    I saw Queen (yes, with Adam Lambert) last night in New Orleans at the Smoothie King center. All i could think about was PJ playing there. WE need another arena tour dammit! its been 3 and a half years....
    So funny. I saw them Saturday here in Ft. Lauderdale and was thinking of PJ almost throughout. Thinking “man I wish this was PJ instead”, lol. 
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    JimmyV said:

Don't forget about London (which happens since no official bootleg).