Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    Big news from SDCC

New Dr. Strange movie will be the first MCU horror film.
    New Blade movie starring Mahershala Ali. Perfect casting.
    Perfect casting (says me who has never read the comic). But it should have been Wesley Snipes. But yes, perfect casting.

Hmm. Cool mix - Marvel and horror. Could be fun. And the director did hell of a good job with The Exorcism of Emily Rose (and his Hellraiser movie).

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    igotid88 said:
    Natalie Portman female Thor
    Complain about it sucking being in a Marvel movie because your role sucks = "Okey, how about being Thor instead?" 

Haha. Could be great. Love the title.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Just finishes season 3 of Jessica Jones.  It was OK...nothing special.  The same overused storyline of "it's not OK to kill people" that we've seen in a bunch of these series.  Prob not the worst thing that these Marvel series are done with netflix...the 13 episodes for each season was just way too much.  Will be interesting to see if any of these series end up on the Disney plus streaming service coming out later this year.  Would love to see more Daredevil especially after how great season 3 was.  And wouldn't mind seeing some more of The Punisher.
  • The rare Spider-Man teaser (removed due to 9/11) in excellent quality (4K):

https://youtu.be/JPL7UWN_hcM
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Marvel hands Sony their most profitable Spiderman movie ever...and of course Sony now wants to pull him out of the MCU. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    Marvel hands Sony their most profitable Spiderman movie ever...and of course Sony now wants to pull him out of the MCU. 
    Most profitable movie ever.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    edited August 2019
    So in the next movie they're going to act like all the MCU characters don't exist? Or I guess there won't be a 3rd movie.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    So in the next movie they're going to act like all the MCU characters don't exist? Or I guess there won't be a 3rd movie.
    I was just thinking the same thing. Apparently there are 2 more Spider Man movies planned with Tom Holland. But they'll just have to ditch the whole Tony Stark / Thanos / Nick Fury arc that made the last one so popular?
    It's not like the last 3 Sony Spider Man movies without Marvel have actually been any good.

(Tim Rogers)
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Everyone is jumping the gun on this, nothing has been confirmed by Marvel or Sony
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

(Tim Rogers)

(Tim Rogers)
    edited August 2019
    So are they going to digitally remove Spider-Man from all MCU movies? Or are they going to treat him like the younger daughter on Family Matters and act like he doesn't exist?
    I miss igotid88
  • Looking forward to this more than any of the movies or shows:

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Looks like Sony and Marvel decided not to screw up a multi-billion dollar franchise. 
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/sony-marvel-tom-holland-spider-man-1203351489/
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • I'm going to ask here and then start a petition for Marvel to make a movie based off the miniseries MARVELS.

It was being in the superhero Marvel era and viewed from a regular persons eyes(a photographer) in the 40's.

• I'm going to ask here and then start a petition for Marvel to make a movie based off the miniseries MARVELS.

It was being in the superhero Marvel era and viewed from a regular persons eyes(a photographer) in the 40's.

That'd be amazing!

This just came out this year

It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    That would be sweet.  Loved the series from both of those characters.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

That'd be amazing!

This just came out this year

I will have to pick this up!

(Tim Rogers)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    That sucks.  Too young!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Fuck
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Fuck!  I had no idea.  My deepest condolences  to his family and friends.  RIP Mr Boseman.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Daredevil from the Netflix series will appear in Spider-Man 3 along with Toby, Kirsten and Alfred Molina
    I miss igotid88

(Tim Rogers)
    edited December 2020

Post edited by goldrush on