Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Eternals should have been a Disney+ show. Falcon and Winter Soldier maybe a movie. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    JimmyV said:
    Eternals should have been a Disney+ show. Falcon and Winter Soldier maybe a movie. 

From what I've read, Eternals was poorly done.

They have a few other omnipotents to unveil like Cosmic Beings, Celestials and Living Tribunal.  Maybe the Stranger and more on The Watchers?  Then there is Death, Chaos, Master Order and Mephisto.

They could do a bunch with them and do a cool tie-in one day but it's a lot of planning...
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    The first 2 episodes of She-Hulk have been pretty good. There were a ton of easter eggs in Ep 2 to keep everyone entertained!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Scan the qr code in the episode 
    I miss igotid88
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    goldrush said:
    The first 2 episodes of She-Hulk have been pretty good. There were a ton of easter eggs in Ep 2 to keep everyone entertained!
    People keep telling me this sucks but everyone on here likes it?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Is it worse than WandaVision or Loki?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • She-hulk cgi leaves much to be desired, but it's a good show that doesn't mind poking fun at itself and the rest of the MCU. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Wandavision was good
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    igotid88 said:
    Wandavision was good
    We differ in opinion, there.  I thought it was annoying as hell.  I know lots who loved it.

(Tim Rogers)
  • I saw this the other day and can't WAIT for this!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited November 2022
    Just got back from seeing this…

Really good movie, with a lot of emotion and heart. I really enjoyed it. So many great performances - Laetitia Wright, Tenoch Huerta, Angela Bassett, Danai Gurira were amazing. Dominique Thorne was good and Winston Duke is always fun to watch as M’Baku.
    Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:

Really good movie, with a lot of emotion and heart. I really enjoyed it.
    This is another one that looked horrible to me.  I'll give it a chance.
    goldrush said:

Just out of curiosity, what seemed horrible about it? I hadn’t really seen much of the build up beforehand, but I thought the trailers looked cool.

(this thread has been pretty quiet recently so I guess people really are Marvelled out now  =) )

(Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

Just out of curiosity, what seemed horrible about it? I hadn’t really seen much of the build up beforehand, but I thought the trailers looked cool.

(this thread has been pretty quiet recently so I guess people really are Marvelled out now  =) )
    Without Boseman I wasn't sure how the storyline was going to work.  I thought he was amazing as the Black Panther and a huge loss.

I haven't renewed my Disney account so I haven't caught up on anything as of late either.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

Yep.  I think the last things I watched were Black Widow and Hawkeye.  It has just become exhausting to keep up with everything while following how everything intersects with each other....I'm constantly pausing whatever I'm watching to go on Wikipedia.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Marvel has become the movies I will watch if I am on a long flight and don't have a good book.  Burnout was bound to happen.  Good guy vs bad guy even with all the great power and responsibility gets old.  They should focus on Blade and ghost rider and things like that for a few cycles to freshen things up, then swing back around to the "heroes"
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111 said:
    Marvel has become the movies I will watch if I am on a long flight and don't have a good book.  Burnout was bound to happen.  Good guy vs bad guy even with all the great power and responsibility gets old.  They should focus on Blade and ghost rider and things like that for a few cycles to freshen things up, then swing back around to the "heroes"
    Punisher, Cable, Bishop.

All cool story lines they could do.

Where the hell is Gambit?  He needs to be in his own movie.
    static111 said:
    Punisher, Cable, Bishop.

Did you watch the Punisher series with Bernthal?
    I thought it was badass.  

I never liked Gambit.  

• static111 said:
    Punisher, Cable, Bishop.

I thought it was badass.  

I never liked Gambit.  

No because it wasn't a Marvel release.  I may give it a try now.

Never liked Gambit?  Are you a communist?  Huge fan favorite in the comics.
    static111 said:
    Punisher, Cable, Bishop.

I thought it was badass.  

I never liked Gambit.  

No because it wasn't a Marvel release.  I may give it a try now.

Never liked Gambit?  Are you a communist?  Huge fan favorite in the comics.
    The Netflix daredevil and Punisher were both good, imo.  Better than any of the Marvel series done on Disney+.
    Hear that on Gambit but still not one I like.  
  • In the 90s, I was a huge Gambit fan, especially with Jim Lee drawing! Not as a big a fan now, but he’s cool. 

There won’t be a Gambit movie until they establish X-men as a property. Curious how they will bring them in. Go the old x mansion route or the new status quo of living on Krakoa, the mutant island.

Also, Bernthal Punisher is amazing.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Looks fun. The holiday special certainly was.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    So we just got Disney + recently and I have been catching up on all the movies and series I missed.  I have to say aside from the LOKI series the majority of the work is cheese whiz garbage.  Lack of story, poor dialogue, everything relies heavily on bad CGI.  I hope the Daredevil series brings some grit and reality back to the universe. And maybe the addition of darker characters like Blade will also help.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111 said:
    So we just got Disney + recently and I have been catching up on all the movies and series I missed.  I have to say aside from the LOKI series the majority of the work is cheese whiz garbage.  Lack of story, poor dialogue, everything relies heavily on bad CGI.  I hope the Daredevil series brings some grit and reality back to the universe. And maybe the addition of darker characters like Blade will also help.
    The first Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and the first Guardians of the Galaxy are great.

I imagine Blade will be "dark" in the same way The Winter Soldier was a "political thriller". It's still 98% whiz and CGI-filled third acts. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • static111 said:
    The first Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and the first Guardians of the Galaxy are great.

I imagine Blade will be "dark" in the same way The Winter Soldier was a "political thriller". It's still 98% whiz and CGI-filled third acts. 

Not one of the Hulks were any good.  They all were horrible…
    We just watched Wakanda Forever again on Disney+. Loved it in the movies and loved it again at home.

We also watched the first X-Men movie today (lazy movie afternoons are great). It was my son’s first time seeing any of the X-Men movies and he enjoyed it.

(Tim Rogers)
  • static111 said:

Not one of the Hulks were any good.  They all were horrible…
    Wrong. 

The 2008 film is better and a lot better looking that most in the MCU. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"