Options

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

1242526272830»

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    goldrush said:

The Marvels is superbombing
    I never really pay attention to critic reviews, but you could tell by the negativity on social media that a lot of people had already made up their minds before they’d even seen it.
    I think it has to do with other things than some people having made up their minds on social media.

The former movie came out in 2019. Me and my mom saw it. She wanted to go. My mom has a DVD box set with the first run of MCU film up and till The Avengers. 

It was four years since the last film. My mom doesn't remember who Captain Marvel is, and hasn't mentioned a Marvel movie in like three years. She also hasn't cared about watching the shows. She rather watch BBC detective shows set in small coastal villages.

I think they have lost the general movie goer being a part of and following the whole "marvel shared universe thing" and will have to attract people on a movie to movie basis to a larger extent. Which they actually did in the beginning when everything was less shared and interconnected. And this one didn't connect enough to have people go to the cinema. Just like The Flash didn't. Or they have to get a Thanos-ramp up breaking through into the mainstream again. Like Secret Wars or whatever.
    Agreed. Casual movie goers have fallen off a bit. Being a comic geek, in hindsight, I was always so amazed at how many casual movie goers were into it back in the Thanos days. Growing up, people thought comics were stupid. Now, they were driving big box office. Crazy.

Kamala being introduced is not intriguing enough for me.

The Veep is a Marvel superhero?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    Marvel have dropped Jonathan Majors following his guilty verdict 

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/103244642
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    goldrush said:
    Marvel have dropped Jonathan Majors following his guilty verdict 

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/103244642
    some early OJ Vibes on this dude...that video wasnt too flattering for him, or the tape of him saying hes doing incredible things for his Culture that his GF at the time couldnt possibly understand
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    goldrush said:

The Marvels is superbombing
    I never really pay attention to critic reviews, but you could tell by the negativity on social media that a lot of people had already made up their minds before they’d even seen it.
    I think it has to do with other things than some people having made up their minds on social media.

The former movie came out in 2019. Me and my mom saw it. She wanted to go. My mom has a DVD box set with the first run of MCU film up and till The Avengers. 

It was four years since the last film. My mom doesn't remember who Captain Marvel is, and hasn't mentioned a Marvel movie in like three years. She also hasn't cared about watching the shows. She rather watch BBC detective shows set in small coastal villages.

I think they have lost the general movie goer being a part of and following the whole "marvel shared universe thing" and will have to attract people on a movie to movie basis to a larger extent. Which they actually did in the beginning when everything was less shared and interconnected. And this one didn't connect enough to have people go to the cinema. Just like The Flash didn't. Or they have to get a Thanos-ramp up breaking through into the mainstream again. Like Secret Wars or whatever.
    Agreed. Casual movie goers have fallen off a bit. Being a comic geek, in hindsight, I was always so amazed at how many casual movie goers were into it back in the Thanos days. Growing up, people thought comics were stupid. Now, they were driving big box office. Crazy.
    Nothing has caught on for me.  No Marvel movie has caught my attention to want to go see it since endgame...

Kamala being introduced is not intriguing enough for me.

Oh and I know it's DC but Blue Beetle looks dumb too.
    I was never a big follower of the movies, I'd see half of them eventually, when I was home sick one day or something.
    I've heard nothing about the MCU since End Game. Seems like the mainstream has lost interest in it.
    I did enjoy some of the shows, like Hawkeye, more than most of the movies. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,410

I thought they already were.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited January 11
    igotid88 said:

They were on Disney+ as a separate heading under “The Defenders”, but not as part of the official MCU timeline. It’s cool to see, I guess that means the Netflix shows are all canon now?

The list of Defenders shows now includes Echo as well.

Just need to get Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter into the official timeline now
    Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,410
    goldrush said:
    igotid88 said:

They were on Disney+ as a separate heading under “The Defenders”, but not as part of the official MCU timeline. It’s cool to see, I guess that means the Netflix shows are all canon now?

The list of Defenders shows now includes Echo as well.

Just need to get Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter into the official timeline now
    I meant when they were on Netflix. Pretty sure they were already. They even mentioned what happened in the movie. AOS was iffy because they had episodes that connected with what was going on with the movies. But Feige wasn't 100% on the show being "connected"
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Someone has way too much time on their hands!

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a825774/marvel-cinematic-universe-in-chronological-order/

MCU timeline: How to watch the MCU in chronological order

This is the ultimate watch order for MCU completists to watch events of the MCU play out in chronological order, but there are some rules we've had to impose to make it as straightforward as possible.

If something takes place in multiple time periods, such as Eternals, we've put it where the bulk of the movie or TV show takes place. 

As for the new release Echo, it's really easy to place in the timeline as it's confirmed to start five months after the events of Hawkeye, which took place in Winter 2024. That places Echo around May 2025, which is just after Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

It means that, chronologically speaking, The Marvels remains the latest MCU outing and if you haven't seen that movie yet, it's getting a digital release soon.

We'd also suggest watching both seasons of Loki after Avengers: Endgame, not only because that's when 2012's Loki breaks off into is own timeline, but also because the events of the second season establish how the multiverse was created which is a major part of Phase 4 onwards.

What If...? also exists in its own space and could technically be watched any time given that it involves multiple universes and timelines. 

The same goes for the second season, so we've popped them next to each other on the chronological order, but you could really watch any of the episodes at any time during your marathon MCU watch.

We'd suggest watching What If...? after Loki though, as that's the show that introduces the multiverse to the MCU.

And don't even get us started on Agents of SHIELD's final season, which mostly took place in an alternate timeline before eventually merging back with the main MCU timeline. For the sake of ease, watch it all after season six, and it'll make as much sense.

But aside from that, it's generally pretty straightforward even when the multiverse comes into play.

Movies are in bold type, shorts are in italics and TV shows and one-off specials are neither.

1. Captain America: The First Avenger
    2. Agent Carter (one-shot on Iron Man 3 DVD)
    3. Agent Carter (season 1)
    4. Agent Carter (season 2) 
    5. Captain Marvel
    6. Iron Man
    7. Iron Man 2
    8. The Incredible Hulk
    9. The Consultant (one-shot on the Thor DVD)
    10. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer (one-shot on the Captain America: The First Avenger DVD)
    11. Thor
    12. The Avengers (aka Avengers Assemble in some regions)
    13. Item 47 (one-shot on the Avengers Assemble DVD)
    14. Agents of SHIELD (season 1, eps 1-7)
    15. Thor: The Dark World
    16. Agents of SHIELD (season 1, eps 8-16) 
    17. Iron Man 3
    18. All Hail the King (one-shot on the Thor: The Dark World DVD)
    19. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    20. Agents of SHIELD (season 1, eps 17-22)
    21. Guardians of the Galaxy
    22. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
    23. I Am Groot (season 1)
    24. I Am Groot (season 2)
    25. Daredevil (season 1)
    26. Agents of SHIELD (season 2, eps 1-10) 
    27. Jessica Jones (season 1)
    28. Agents of SHIELD (season 2, eps 11-19)
    29. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    30. Agents of SHIELD (season 2, eps 20-22)
    31. Daredevil (season 2, eps 1-4)
    32. Luke Cage (season 1, eps 1-4)
    33. Daredevil (season 2, eps 5-11)
    34. Luke Cage (season 1, eps 5-8)
    35. Daredevil (season 2, eps 12-13)
    36. Luke Cage (season 1, eps 9-13)
    37. Ant-Man
    38. Agents of SHIELD (season 3, eps 1-10) 
    39. Agents of SHIELD (season 3, eps 11-19)
    40. Iron Fist (season 1)
    41. Captain America: Civil War
    42. Team Thor (one-shot on the Captain America: Civil War DVD)
    43. Team Thor: Part 2 (one-shot on the Doctor Strange DVD)
    44. Black Widow (watch credits scene after Avengers: Endgame)
    45. Agents of SHIELD (season 3, eps 20-22)
    46. The Defenders (season 1) 
    47. Agents of SHIELD (season 4, eps 1-6) 
    48. Doctor Strange
    49. Black Panther
    50. Agents of SHIELD (season 4, eps 7-8)
    51. Agents of SHIELD: Slingshot (season 1, eps 1-6)
    52. Agents of SHIELD (season 4, eps 9-22)
    53. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    54. Thor: Ragnarok
    55. Team Darryl (one-shot on the Thor: Ragnarok DVD)
    56. Inhumans (season 1)
    57. The Punisher (season 1)
    58. Runaways (season 1)
    59. Agents of SHIELD (season 5, eps 1-10) – allowing for time travel craziness
    60. Jessica Jones (season 2)
    61. Agents of SHIELD (season 5, eps 11-18)
    62. Cloak & Dagger (season 1)
    63. Cloak & Dagger (season 2)
    64. Luke Cage (season 2)
    65. Iron Fist (season 2)
    66. Daredevil (season 3) 
    67. Runaways (season 2)
    68. The Punisher (season 2)
    69. Jessica Jones (season 3)
    70. Ant-Man and the Wasp (watch credits scene after Infinity War)
    71. Avengers: Infinity War
    72. Agents of SHIELD (season 5, eps 19-22) – Concurrent with Infinity War
    73. Agents of SHIELD (season 6) – takes place in Endgame's five-year time jump
    74. Agents of SHIELD (season 7) – takes place in Endgame's five-year time jump
    75. Runaways (season 3) – seems to take place post-Snap mostly
    76. Avengers: Endgame
    77. Loki (season 1) (allowing for timey-wimey, alternate timeline weirdness)
    78. Loki (season 2) 
    79. What If...? (season 1)
    80. What If...? (season 2)
    81. WandaVision
    82. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    83. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
    84. Eternals
    85. Spider-Man: Far From Home
    86. Spider-Man: No Way Home
    87. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
    88. Hawkeye
    89. Moon Knight
    90. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
    91. Echo
    92. She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
    93. Ms Marvel
    94. Thor: Love and Thunder
    95. Werewolf by Night
    96. The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
    97. Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania
    98. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3
    99. Secret Invasion
    100. The Marvels

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Kinda ridiculous,  right?
    :lol:   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    How many hours would it take to watch all of that in order?
    Gonna need a lot of Red Bull.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Poncier said:
    I think I'd rather smash my fingers in a car door.  
    Like some of those but the burnout is real.  Many I've not watched and don't feel the need to.

Do like the original Netflix ones with Daredevil and Punisher.  Jessica Jones as well.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Poncier said:
    A bunch of those aren't worth watching.