The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    They're possible,  and the moderates/ centrists carry those ideas.  Amazing how that worked out.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    They're possible,  and the moderates/ centrists carry those ideas.  Amazing how that worked out.
    You being roughly fourteen million (14.000.000) years behind the rest of the developed world tell another story. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Detailed Maps of the Donors Powering the 2020 Democratic Campaigns

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/02/us/politics/2020-democratic-fundraising.html

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    You being roughly fourteen million (14.000.000) years behind the rest of the developed world tell another story. 
    And strangely you rely on us for your technology advances.  How does one square such a hyperbolic statement like yours?
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    And strangely you rely on us for your technology advances.  How does one square such a hyperbolic statement like yours?
    That post of yours come off as pretty dumb.

Nazi Germany was also highly technically advanced.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    edited August 2019
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    When you are Joe....and don't remember things too good...why even bother adding the years part?  Dude is unfit for the job...but more fit then the current occupant.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • When you are Joe....and don't remember things too good...why even bother adding the years part?  Dude is unfit for the job...but more fit then the current occupant.
    Any random person above 15 years old is more fit than the current occupant. 

And I'm barely joking.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

And Sweden assisted them.  Again,  a strange analogy 
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

And 20 years later the US would be so inspired by the Nazis you guys started napalming children and kept your medieval ideals.

While Sweden vocally opposed your actions in Vietnam and propelled society forward for its people. Like most of the rest of the developed world also did.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

And 20 years later the US would be so inspired by the Nazis you guys started napalming children and kept your medieval ideals.

While Sweden vocally opposed your actions in Vietnam and propelled society forward for its people. Like most of the rest of the developed world also did.

Mrussel invaded vietnam??
    Looking to close down another topic Chaos? We are now comparing moderate Democrats to Nazis? 

Maybe trump can buy Sweden after Greenland.  Then you'll have what you deserve :-)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Looking to close down another topic Chaos? We are now comparing moderate Democrats to Nazis? 

Maybe trump can buy Sweden after Greenland.  Then you'll have what you deserve :-)
    Maybe we should set up a go fund me page to help offset the costs of buying Sweden. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Maybe we should set up a go fund me page to help offset the costs of buying Sweden. 

If you buy Sweden can you toughen up their hockey players? Asking for a friend.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Those Sundins were real bad asses. Winners. 
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Right, you were that guy... Now I remember
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not a miracle worker.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Please just get "King Henrik" to retire. 
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    TOPIC:

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Kat said:
    TOPIC:

Gillibrand was on todays The Daily. Tallking about Al Franken, but it touches on her campaign also

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/20/podcasts/the-daily/kirsten-gillibrand-al-franken.html
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Those Sundins were real bad asses. Winners. 
    The Sedins were the worst.  I still have that picture of Marchand using one of the Sedins head as a punching bag...and the wimp just stood there and let him...Marchand of all people.  LOL.  Did even have enough backbone to give him a push.  LOL.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I didn't think so.  Then can you set up a soft hockey league for them?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Kat said:
    TOPIC:

Need another debate.  But the Dems need to pick Mayor Pete.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    What's the downside of Steyer?

I'd like to see Pete get aggressive and debate with passion and fury.  That will be necessary in the general. 
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Just a question,  I am trying to get more information on some the candidates and I have a friend who is a big fan of Andrew Yang.  Seems very smart but not getting alot of traction.  just trying to understand why?
    fife said:
    Just a question,  I am trying to get more information on some the candidates and I have a friend who is a big fan of Andrew Yang.  Seems very smart but not getting alot of traction.  just trying to understand why?
    UBI is not palatable and that's his "differentiator" from what I can tell. 
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    who do you think its not palatable to?   I understand that the media plays up the UBI alot but i do look at reason why he brings up the UBI and i tend to agree with it.
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    who do you think its not palatable to?   I understand that the media plays up the UBI alot but i do look at reason why he brings up the UBI and i tend to agree with it.
    Considering the split in the party on M4A, I think it's reasonable to assume that rank and file Democrats aren't going to support 1k monthly to every American just for waking up in the morning.  I don't want to pay the taxes to support that, to say nothing about the inflationary concerns. 
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    Considering the split in the party on M4A, I think it's reasonable to assume that rank and file Democrats aren't going to support 1k monthly to every American just for waking up in the morning.  I don't want to pay the taxes to support that, to say nothing about the inflationary concerns. 
    saw this article in another tread here.

fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:

It's an interesting idea but how to pay for it is huge. If there were a way to come up with an "automation tax" (for example employers that replace employees with AI developed from govt resources) you MIGHT be able to convince the electorate.

But right now, the poll you cited gets trump 4 mo years:

"46% say they would be willing to pay higher personal taxes to fund the program and 54% say they would not be."

And if we dig deeper, those who oppose UBI (older ppl) are more likely to vote than those who support the idea.
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:

It's an interesting idea but how to pay for it is huge. If there were a way to come up with an "automation tax" (for example employers that replace employees with AI developed from govt resources) you MIGHT be able to convince the electorate.

But right now, the poll you cited gets trump 4 mo years:

"46% say they would be willing to pay higher personal taxes to fund the program and 54% say they would not be."

And if we dig deeper, those who oppose UBI (older ppl) are more likely to vote than those who support the idea.
    A more recent poll which includes the 1000 ubi moves the needle down.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/435278-poll-most-voters-oppose-a-universal-basic-income-programs?amp
This discussion has been closed.