Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg on cover of TIME

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2019
    the right winger, climate deniers hate her here in Australia 

Same here in Sweden. The "She should stay in school!" crowd.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    edited August 2019
    brianlux said:

That sucks.  Probably here as well.
    All I see is nasty comments about her by grown men, bullying a child. 
      Not cool. But to be fair, she’s put herself into the “adult world” so I think normal criticism or credit makes sense.

What disturbs me is the continued propping up of individuals to be hero’s. Waiting for the fall.  

But one can not argue with how mature and brave she is being. Hope it makes a difference.
    Post edited by cincybearcat on
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited August 2019
    brianlux said:

Or cool. But to be fair, she’s put herself into the “adult world” so I think normal criticism or credit makes sense.
    @Thoughts_Arrive is not talking about "normal" criticism. 

And feeling the need to post that she has put herself in a position to have to face "normal criticism" as a response to a post about people bullying her makes it come off as downplaying the hatred towards her. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    brianlux said:

Or cool. But to be fair, she’s put herself into the “adult world” so I think normal criticism or credit makes sense.

And feeling the need to post that she has put herself in a position to have to face "normal criticism" as a response to a post about people bullying her makes it come off as downplaying the hatred towards her. 
    Hahahaha you really do rally around everything Swedish. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited August 2019
    brianlux said:

Not at all. I just have the ability to see things for what they are. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • She's about to reach NYC.

edited September 2019
    Nvm. Don't wanna risk losing "posting privileges" 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I'm generally not a joiner or into hero worship etc., but sometimes going with a crowd can make a difference.  I'm up for this and I hope some of you are too:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited September 2019

(This is about Greta. Am not looking to lose my posting privileges. So delete it if it breaks any rules)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

(This is about Greta. Am not looking to lose my posting privileges. So delete it if it breaks any rules)
    I love how she holds her won and doesn't buckle under some slick dude who thinks he's Joe Cool.  Good for her!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    brianlux said:

He's right though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

He's right though.
    Yes. I am.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    So are we more aware of all these marches?  We do not need marches.  Just more BS...everyone knows whats needs to be done.  People who look for an answer from the government are just brainwashed.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    So are we more aware of all these marches?  We do not need marches.  Just more BS...everyone knows whats needs to be done.  People who look for an answer from the government are just brainwashed.
    So if one believes they need an answer, where do you recommend they look?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

Smellyman said:
    There are the answers, now it's time for action.

• So are we more aware of all these marches?  We do not need marches.  Just more BS...everyone knows whats needs to be done.  People who look for an answer from the government are just brainwashed.
    This post is a lot more BS than any march.
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    The environmental matriarchs of our planet!

Renfield said:
    The environmental matriarchs of our planet!

Beautiful! 

• So are we more aware of all these marches?  We do not need marches.  Just more BS...everyone knows whats needs to be done.  People who look for an answer from the government are just brainwashed.
    Damn so your against marches too , ok I guess sitting on ones hands can get results too lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Is that the U.N.building?  Seems appropriate is so!

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

Here is a start.  Greta can take the train as far as it travels to Northern Russia, then she can travel by feet, snowshoes, cross country skiing and dog sled to the closest point between Russia and The US which is Alaska...she'll need to connect with Russian fishing troller to get to the Russian/US line and hopefully a US fishing troller will meet them there, from where she can get dropped off somewhere in Alaska that has rail service...

Should be easy from that point.

At least she'll be able to see Sarah Palin's house from that train in northern Russia