Band members on the forum

2»

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    yield2me said:
    I am Eddie Vedder 
    Sup Ed, this is actually Jeff. Get off your ass and let's make a fucking record!
    Call Mike. Stone is grumpy.
    I am not grumpy, just a little testy.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Ok, I don't know if they do personally but somebody close to the band did, at least on tour.  Now I get to toot my own horn.  Way back in 2009 while PJ was touring Australia, there was a thread about what covers they should do.   I said they should do AC/DC's If You Want Blood You Got It, right into Blood.  And they did that like the day after I suggested it.  So I can't say that the actual band members do or did go on the forum, but somebody close to them definitely did.  That's way too big a coincidence. 

• I am Eddie Vedder 
    Nah..you're not Ed. @tempo_n_groove has to be Ed. Ed seems like he'd be a guy who likes socks.... =)
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I am Eddie Vedder 
    Nah..you're not Ed. @tempo_n_groove has to be Ed. Ed seems like he'd be a guy who likes socks.... =)
    Nobody who lives in Hawaii likes socks!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Poncier said:
    yield2me said:
    I am Eddie Vedder 
    Sup Ed, this is actually Jeff. Get off your ass and let's make a fucking record!
    Explains the lopsided gait.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hobbes said:
    Poncier said:
    yield2me said:
    I am Eddie Vedder 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I doubt they come on here often if at all.  They have people for that.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • yield2me said:
    I am Eddie Vedder 
    Nobody who lives in Hawaii likes socks!
    lol
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Funny this question came up.  I was just wondering about that this morning and then I asked myself, "So, self, if you were a member of Pearl Jam, would you poke your head in her now and then?"  Maybe, a little.  I think I would glance as I drove by rather than rubber neck.

I can picture a few of them might check it out, I I doubt for very often or for very long.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    Poncier said:
    yield2me said:
    I am Eddie Vedder 

Ha!  That is the coolest damn gif!  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    Poncier said:
    yield2me said:
    I am Eddie Vedder 

Ha!  That is the coolest damn gif!  :smiley:
    I just stared at it for at least a minute.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    ^^^Me too
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    One thing I do remember is...for the Wrigley 2 show last year, there were a lot of different requests made on this board, and it seemed like just about all of the got played. Whether that's Ed reading here, someone giving him feedback or a really strange coincidence, who knows.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    KM73780 said:
    If I, as a member of Pearl Jam, saw the sense of entitlement amongst the people on this forum, I would be very disappointed in this fan base. 

My entitlement is forthcoming. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Do people really think they come on here anymore? Perhaps years and years ago when they were an active band. Their band and the fans are definitely a lower priority for them these days and I can't imagine they give this place any consideration. I wish they did so they could see the disappointment many voice about their lack of interest in providing the singles we paid for years ago. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    dr122931 said:
    I don’t think they do often.  But I bet once in a blue moon they check things out.  I doubt they sit around and talk about it.  But sure, why not. Especially when they’re touring I bet they read some feedback.  

Ed, Stone, Jeff, Mike and Matt - if you’re reading this, please come to houston. 

Resounding 2nd.  Been in the penalty box going on 16 years.
  • I am certain the the user @ganjafarmer is Jeff.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I am certain the the user @ganjafarmer is Jeff.
    If so, it's good to know that he enjoyed this: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/459570#Comment_459570
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Sarava said:
    One thing I do remember is...for the Wrigley 2 show last year, there were a lot of different requests made on this board, and it seemed like just about all of the got played. Whether that's Ed reading here, someone giving him feedback or a really strange coincidence, who knows.
    Totally agree. I requested Leash, and they played Leash in Seattle and Chicago. I was at both set of shows. Not saying I'm the reason the played Leash, I am saying that I agree with your comment.
  • jeffbr said:
    Do people really think they come on here anymore? Perhaps years and years ago when they were an active band. Their band and the fans are definitely a lower priority for them these days and I can't imagine they give this place any consideration. I wish they did so they could see the disappointment many voice about their lack of interest in providing the singles we paid for years ago. 
    If anything, they're sticking it to us because they do read the comments.
  • I am certain the the user @ganjafarmer is Jeff.
    Why do you say that? What's happened in the past?
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I think I know who Dave A is - PM me...