The Raconteurs

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Horos said:
    Very cool.

We're off to Portland for the show tonight.
    I hope you enjoyed it let us know how it was ..
    It was so good! No complaints about the length of the set here. Played about two hours. I think we got all but two of the new songs. Great electric version of Carolina Drama. I think the encore was longer than the opening set. Like the poster too. I was two back from the rail right in front of Jack. Great Oregon theme to the poster.

#FHP
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    Very cool.

We're off to Portland for the show tonight.
    I hope you enjoyed it let us know how it was ..
    It was so good! No complaints about the length of the set here. Played about two hours. I think we got all but two of the new songs. Great electric version of Carolina Drama. I think the encore was longer than the opening set. Like the poster too. I was two back from the rail right in front of Jack. Great Oregon theme to the poster.

Great glad you enjoyed it  ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    So much so @josevolution that I'm sitting here thinking about making a ten hour drive to Oakland tomorrow.
    #FHP
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    No "Top Yourself".. that's surprising considering he plays it solo quite a bit.  
    mrussel1 said:
    No "Top Yourself".. that's surprising considering he plays it solo quite a bit.  
    He teased it during the transition between two songs.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    So much so @josevolution that I'm sitting here thinking about making a ten hour drive to Oakland tomorrow.
    I can’t blame you ....
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    That set is awesome. 

This is a great album, I don't skip a single tune.

• timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    Same thoughts as those who have posted about previous shows...amazing set and unreal energy last night, and it makes you want to road trip to catch another. As much as I enjoyed the two Jack solo shows I went to last year, they were not this. Boarding House Reach never grew on me like I hoped it would. This is JW’s best project, and one can only hope they are writing on the road and this is a prolonged thing. Those of you that still have upcoming shows are definitely in for a treat!
    timdwilli said:
    Same thoughts as those who have posted about previous shows...amazing set and unreal energy last night, and it makes you want to road trip to catch another. As much as I enjoyed the two Jack solo shows I went to last year, they were not this. Boarding House Reach never grew on me like I hoped it would. This is JW’s best project, and one can only hope they are writing on the road and this is a prolonged thing. Those of you that still have upcoming shows are definitely in for a treat!
    Agreed , can’t wait till September here NY ..
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Picked up the AP of Dara Decks GID poster for the Vancouver show. Gorge

And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • peacepeace Posts: 55
    Hey there, late to the forum regarding the shows I attended. Traveled from California to Detroit to attend night 1 of the tour and was absolutely blown away. Spent all day in line and was directly in front of Dean. Jack was definitely the ringmaster  for this event. You could see him going to his band brothers and telling them what they were going to play next. Not a lot of chit chat, just a rock show to blow your socks off.
    I then flew home and decided to purchase GA tickets to go see them in Santa Barbara on July 27th, again waited in line to be directly in front of Jack Lawrence. Stellar show, although Jack White spent quite a bit of time with his back to the crowd. 
    Jack is on another level with his talents. He is a definite force to be reckoned with. 
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Going to the show tomorrow.. how much of a pain is the cell phone thing. Should I just leave it in the car?
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    peace said:
    I then flew home and decided to purchase GA tickets to go see them in Santa Barbara on July 27th, again waited in line to be directly in front of Jack Lawrence. Stellar show, although Jack White spent quite a bit of time with his back to the crowd. 
    Jack is on another level with his talents. He is a definite force to be reckoned with. 
    Was at the SB show as well! Scored early entry through TMR Vault and was on the rail with Brendan directly in front of me. What a show!!! Wish I could catch another after seeing their two release week sets in LA and then SB. Band was on fire!

RS151862 said:
    Going to the show tomorrow.. how much of a pain is the cell phone thing. Should I just leave it in the car?
    Not that much of a hassle at all in terms of getting it opened/removed afterward. There are lots of people standing at the exits opening the pouches. Only thing I've ever had a hassle with is trying to meet up with friends at the shows since I tend to get there early to get a good spot and already have my phone locked up by the time the rest of them get there. At a Jack show last year, saw my buddy walk into GA scanning the crowd from like 25 feet away. The pit was already packed in a little bit and I was waving at him but he never saw me so we didn't connect until after the show.
    Make sure you have big pockets
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    RS151862 said:
    Not a big deal but easier to just leave in the car.  They had phone use areas set up in the venue if you need to check in on kids, etc.  They unlock you when you enter the zone and lock it back up when you leave the zone.  Kind of nice.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited August 2019
    I have an extra GA pair for Boston night 2. 

Looking to get what what I paid for them, which comes out to about $144 after fees. 

I would prefer to meet up in advace of the show, I live in the Boston area, and can meet weeeknights or weekends. Or you could PayPal me & I could FedEx them to you (will ask you to cover the FedEx cost if going this route - I have 10c references if that’s a concern). 

Edit: tickets sold. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Good show tonight, but wouldn’t say I was blown away. The last time I saw them was 2006 and I was really impressed, but this didn’t live up to that. The opening Bored & Razed/Level was great but then everything sort of blended together until the encore. Blue Veins is such a monster live. The opening band Ex Hex was really good, one of the better opening acts I’ve seen in awhile. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    RS151862 said:
    Not a big deal but easier to just leave in the car.  They had phone use areas set up in the venue if you need to check in on kids, etc.  They unlock you when you enter the zone and lock it back up when you leave the zone.  Kind of nice.
    This is good to hear. Thanks for posting that. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Anyone going tomorrow night to the Anthem in DC?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    edited August 2019
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Thinking of going to see them at Kelly Slater’s surf ranch in Lemoore, Ca. An hour drive but would be cool to see them. Carolina Drama is one epic song. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Thinking of going to see them at Kelly Slater’s surf ranch in Lemoore, Ca. An hour drive but would be cool to see them. Carolina Drama is one epic song. 
    Thanks for the heads up on this. A bit longer of a haul for me but the shows I saw on this tour left me wanting to see them again. A road trip may be in order.
    Should be a cool place to catch a show. 
    edited August 2019
    Got my tickets to the Lemoore show today. Should be fun to watch some surf then check out the band. 60 a ticket. Good price. Should be awesome. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I'm going to Nashville for the Fri/Sat shows at the Ryman.  Should be a good time.

I don't remember most of the Indy show.  I drank way too much.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

For anyone who has been to one of the shows on this tour... around what time have they been taking the stage?