****Official Metallica thread****

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    ^that must have been awesome!!!

They had added another night to Nassau Coliseum and I went that night.  Had "taper section".  I begged to borrow a camcorder but no one was giving it up... Bastards.

Ended up trading our tix to a couple on the floor.  We pushed up until we were 10 rows away maybe?  Close enough to see the sweat pour off them!

I am still waiting to hear Breadfan live...  That is my white whale song.
    It was crazy.  Here's the set from that night... notice the closer.  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/1993/lee-civic-centre-fort-myers-fl-23d6d8f7.html 

Outside all the shit from Black, it was a helluva set.  I'm pretty sure I was exhausted by the end.  I remember you would get in the mix on the floor, mosh around for 20 or 30 minutes and then exit to the concourse for a break.  The moment you were back on the floor, it was anarchy.  But that was concerts in the early 90's, as you well know.  
  • 17 dollars for the Metallica film feels a bit too expensive for me.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    mrussel1 said:
    ^that must have been awesome!!!

They had added another night to Nassau Coliseum and I went that night.  Had "taper section".  I begged to borrow a camcorder but no one was giving it up... Bastards.

Ended up trading our tix to a couple on the floor.  We pushed up until we were 10 rows away maybe?  Close enough to see the sweat pour off them!

I am still waiting to hear Breadfan live...  That is my white whale song.
    It was crazy.  Here's the set from that night... notice the closer.  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/1993/lee-civic-centre-fort-myers-fl-23d6d8f7.html 

Outside all the shit from Black, it was a helluva set.  I'm pretty sure I was exhausted by the end.  I remember you would get in the mix on the floor, mosh around for 20 or 30 minutes and then exit to the concourse for a break.  The moment you were back on the floor, it was anarchy.  But that was concerts in the early 90's, as you well know.  
    Oh godammit, you got to hear Breadfan!

Good for you, lol!  My white whale!!!
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    17 dollars for the Metallica film feels a bit too expensive for me.
    13 Euro for 150 minutes. Sounds normal?!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    15 here. 

I usually pay 9 euros, regardless of length :)

or I guess 12 without my supertickets from my job
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    JPPJ84 said:
    15 here. 

A job that feeds my cinema addiction?! Would be cool! 😉
  • JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    15 here. 

You are from Germany. You must have some kind of benefits portal/program thingy from your job also? :)

Are you watching movies with or without German dubbing though? :O

So I should shell out the 16 dollarinoz and by a ticket then?
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    15 here. 

You are from Germany. You must have some kind of benefits portal/program thingy from your job also? :)

Are you watching movies with or without German dubbing though? :O

So I should shell out the 16 dollarinoz and by a ticket then?
    Ha, for public transport, yes! Not for cinema though 😉
    the cinema I always go to only shows movies in their original (English) language. No subtitles. On TV it’s all dubbed in German of course.
    yes, do it! Otherwise we won’t be able to talk about it afterwards!!
  • JPPJ84 said:
    Are we bound out of obligation? Is that all we've got?
    JPPJ84 said:
    Obligation? No! A shared joy is no obligation, it’s a gift! 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Hail, hail, the lucky ones!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    It’s awesome that Metallica has started realeasing full concerts for streaming through the Nugs app. Started with July 6 show.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    Is there a nugs app for the PC?  I'm kind of stuck trying to watch the Metallica videos on my phone which is kind of annoying.  For some reason the web portal doesn't let you view videos (or not that I've figured out).   I guess they didn't make a PC App :(
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Zod said:
    Is there a nugs app for the PC?  I'm kind of stuck trying to watch the Metallica videos on my phone which is kind of annoying.  For some reason the web portal doesn't let you view videos (or not that I've figured out).   I guess they didn't make a PC App :(
    Do "screen mirroring" from your phone and watch on your TV.
  • JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Obligation? No! A shared joy is no obligation, it’s a gift! 
    Seems the big cinema chain will be showing the movie also. Which means I can use my cinematickets bought through my job and go for 9.25 euros and wil get better audio :))
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    listened to And Justice For All today for the first time in a while.. WOW!  I have to say, their first 5 albums rival any first five of any band all time..
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mr bungle said:
    listened to And Justice For All today for the first time in a while.. WOW!  I have to say, their first 5 albums rival any first five of any band all time..
    Justice is great.  I love how political it was. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mr bungle said:
    Yeah, the themes of Justice are the only thing that make me waffle between it and Master for my favorite album. Both are pretty damn flawless though. Blackened is their best album opener in my opinion. Beast of a song and then to roll in to Justice; perfect.
  • tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mr bungle said:
    Yeah, the themes of Justice are the only thing that make me waffle between it and Master for my favorite album. Both are pretty damn flawless though. Blackened is their best album opener in my opinion. Beast of a song and then to roll in to Justice; perfect.
    Better than Battery into Puppets?
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mr bungle said:
    Better than Battery into Puppets?
    Yes, Master >>> Justice >>> Blackened >>> Battery
  • Can’t wait until the Symphony tomorrow. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    Flying out to SF in the morning.  Can't wait!
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • NSL said:
    Flying out to SF in the morning.  Can't wait!
    Safe Travels. 
    Cant remember a concert that I’ve been more excited for. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Hoping they have the S&M 2 up for download quickly. Going to be wild.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Set I
    1. The Ecstasy of Gold (Ennio Morricone cover) (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
    2. The Call of Ktulu
    3. For Whom the Bell Tolls
    4. The Day That Never Comes
    5. The Memory Remains
    6. Confusion
    7. Moth Into Flame
    8. The Outlaw Torn
    9. No Leaf Clover
    10. Halo on Fire
    Set II
    11. Scythian Suite, Op.20 , Second Movement (Sergei Sergeyevich Prokofiev cover) (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
    12. Iron Foundry (Alexander Mosolov cover) (live debut)
    13. The Unforgiven III (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
    14. All Within My Hands (acoustic)
    15. (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth (Bass part performed by San Francisco Symphony bassist)
    16. Wherever I May Roam
    17. One
    18. Master of Puppets
    19. Nothing Else Matters
    20. Enter Sandman (with 'The Frayed Ends of Sanity' outro)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Ah, The Outlaw Torn...one of my absolute favorites. Would love to hear that version of Sandman just to hear how the outro was fit in.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Set I
    1. The Ecstasy of Gold (Ennio Morricone cover) (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
    2. The Call of Ktulu
    3. For Whom the Bell Tolls
    4. The Day That Never Comes
    5. The Memory Remains
    6. Confusion
    7. Moth Into Flame
    8. The Outlaw Torn
    9. No Leaf Clover
    10. Halo on Fire
    Set II
    11. Scythian Suite, Op.20 , Second Movement (Sergei Sergeyevich Prokofiev cover) (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
    12. Iron Foundry (Alexander Mosolov cover) (live debut)
    13. The Unforgiven III (performed by the San Francisco Symphony)
    14. All Within My Hands (acoustic)
    15. (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth (Bass part performed by San Francisco Symphony bassist)
    16. Wherever I May Roam
    17. One
    18. Master of Puppets
    19. Nothing Else Matters
    20. Enter Sandman (with 'The Frayed Ends of Sanity' outro)
    Far from S&M1. 

Where is my Unforgiven trilogy suite.
  • Acoustic “All Within My Hands”?!? Noiceeee. They’ve never played an acoustic version of that song have they?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Love the setlist. Great picks! Can't wait for an official release.
    Ah, The Outlaw Torn...one of my absolute favorites. Would love to hear that version of Sandman just to hear how the outro was fit in.
    Agreed. Outlaw is a masterpiece. Favorite from the first time around.