Options

What do you think about people who don't like songs like Cropduster and You Are?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299
    They deserve to be allowed to have only donuts without glass for the rest of their lives.
    Absolutely love You Are.

They have also NEVER opened with it (to my knowledge)... I sincerely wish they would.  

Highly disagree that it's a momentum killer, but why not start with something so unique and funky?  It's not much different than opening with Pendulum, which they stuck with in 2013.. 
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    KN219077 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ghost is pretty damn bad too. I feel people like it only because it is such a rare song live.  
    I’ve seen it live, not good.especially when there are about 200 better songs the band has
    I disagree. Ghost is a great song and I don’t like songs just because they are rare. Also, I absolutely loved In The Moonlight with Josh Homme at PJ 20. Another song I love. Sometimes rare is great. Others are not. Point being that some of the more “rare” PJ songs are some fans favorites like myself. I can safely say I will never purposely put on Jeremy ever again. There’s hundreds of songs I’d rather listen to
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,850
    DW139059 said:
    If You Are is played at a show, that show is under immediate consideration for getting the bootleg...  :rock_on::rock_on:
    Seems like they do break it out at some great shows. Krakow and Quebec 2016 are two of my favourite shows and it was played.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    I love Ghost. But when someones say its not a great live song, I can see the merit of that argument.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,850
    I love Ghost. But when someones say its not a great live song, I can see the merit of that argument.
    Where you at @dimitrispearljam
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532

PJNB said:
    @mcgruff10 this ones for you!

I like both songs but both of them are crowd killers imo. Cropduster more so than You are. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    @mcgruff10 this ones for you!

I like both songs but both of them are crowd killers imo. Cropduster more so than You are. 
    lol.  I agree with you that both songs are total crowd killers.   
    I enjoy the songs when I'm in the right mood, but they are total momentum killers at shows... same for My Education.
    “To go up on stage and play unknown songs for a handful of people as opposed to playing the songs that everybody wants to hear is really not in our best interests or the audience’s."
    - Paul Stanley

Don't fall into the Paul Stanley narrative.

https://youtu.be/X94TE2V268Q

Spiritual_Chaos said:

lol

• Options
    Interesting... I had to look up my stats... I’m kind of partial to the Riot Act stuff since that tour was my first show, and I’d say probably my favourite studio album. I thought that I’d heard both songs more than once live... but nope... just once each (including the latest Cropduster). I got spoiled with the entire Binaural (2nd best album), but any Riot Act live is good to me.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    My god I ve seen you are ten times and crop duster 6 times.  Ugh.  I want that hour of my life back. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    They deserve to be flogged with Matt Cameron's sticks, every day for half an hour, while Bon Jovi is blasting from the radio.
    mcgruff10 said:
    My god I ve seen you are ten times and crop duster 6 times.  Ugh.  I want that hour of my life back. ;)
    Oh, come on... I've never seen them live... You just want to make me sad and angry, I think.
    I'm calling Donald to tell him there's a certain McGruff in N.J. who'd like to make out.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    Oh, come on... I've never seen them live... You just want to make me sad and angry, I think.
    I'm calling Donald to tell him there's a certain McGruff in N.J. who'd like to make out.
    trust me you aren't missing anything at all.  
     plain and simple both songs are terrible.   they stunk on the record and live they are the equivalent to watching paint dry.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    Who you are is where it’s at ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    They deserve to be flogged with Matt Cameron's sticks, every day for half an hour, while Bon Jovi is blasting from the radio.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
     plain and simple both songs are terrible.   they stunk on the record and live they are the equivalent to watching paint dry.  
    They're beautiful and I love them, and they are usually the highlights when I'm listening to a bootleg that includes them.. and they're so funny to play on guitar, too. So, well, I don't trust you at all... If I feel like watching paint dry I give a spin to Sirens.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    All of the above.
    I like the thought of You Are as an opener out of an Encore Break.  Anywhere else, it does seem a bit awkward, unless you're trying to reel back from a streak of hard rockers in the set list.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Matt Cameron's about to go Sgt. Donny Donowitz on some ass!!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    They're beautiful and I love them, and they are usually the highlights when I'm listening to a bootleg that includes them.. and they're so funny to play on guitar, too. So, well, I don't trust you at all... If I feel like watching paint dry I give a spin to Sirens.
    To each their own!
    Disclaimer: I actually enjoy sirens live.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No need to throw Sirens under the bus.

You are free to use any of these options instead: Olé, The Fixer, My Sacrifice, Future Days,
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 641
    You Are is one of my favorite PJ songs and Cropduster is probably my all-time least favorite. Lucky to have seen You Are twice and never to have caught Cropduster, haha. It always gets my hopes up before they take the stage and the roadies are testing Stone's pedal board; I can always tell when they test that drum machine/effects pedal for You Are and think "maybe I'll hear it again!". But alas, not since '03.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,070
    I fuckin love both
    I would love to see them every  show.  In place of some of the cheesy  shit mentioned
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -