Options

Should EV run for POTUS?

With the current state of affairs and possible upcoming 4 more years of a rapist in office, do you think EV could/should run for Public Office? I sent Pearl Jam a proposal to run on a Fourth World Platform, with intervention into World affairs sanctioned only by the UN in cases of Human Rights Violations only. Central Africa would be a test lab of sorts for free abundant electricity, and the US would put up TeslaTowers there to effectively run electric vehicles without physical charges. He would also be able to practically disarm the nuclear arsenal of the US by putting critical missle-sensitive pins jumbled in boxes made of GammaGone (a patent is in process internationally by my cousin, by my marriage to a fraud, in GB). They could be rearmed by subsequent administrations easily if necessary. I have given the GammaGone patent to him, free and clear with other gifts, and offered to sell him my future intellectual property and be his Campaign Manager. All is above-board and legal. Look me up on Twitter and AppleMusic under @ProutRebekah and Rebekah Struthers (AppleMusic). I am an old fan that recently asked to rejoin the fold. Long story, but Stockholm Syndrome exists. 

Should EV run for POTUS? 92 votes

Yes
6%
MayDay10vaggar99Greatplainsman...hadrieliaRanmanPorkyPunk 6 votes
Not yet
2%
buck502000Hi! 2 votes
No
80%
cincybearcatPureandEasyjeffbrdarwinstheoryNewJPageLesbelgesski-bumsmile6680GardenpartyPeArLgOoNeRrival9500PJINFLATWHoltGary Cartertschavjosevolutionjbalicki10lastexitlondondcp3ypulling69 74 votes
Why?
10%
TerryibleHollisBrownradarDC29940dwhite76RS151862ewok pantsdrfoxSandyRavageSmsmartins18 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    No
    No way.  Good god, no.  Eddie is a singer, not a politician.  He would hate the job.  And besides, he wouldn't stand a chance of winning and it cost a ton of money to run for POTUS (or a good deal of money for other offices) and that money could be used to do so much more positive, helpful stuff.

Or maybe you we're joking?  Good grief!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    He should release an album.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    I hope this is a joke 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    No

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,749
    No
    If this doesn't send the message to the band that we are losing our friggin minds and need some tour dates, then I don't know what will. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    No
    No 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    McCready for America, 2020

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,386
    No
    Only if Dave A is running against him. Imagine the debate and what it could turn into 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Eddie is too politically correct to be POTUS.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    Why?
    He’s not tall enough. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    "Rapist in office"?! (I would've clicked on "quote" but I didn't want to have to read your garbage comment twice). 
    YOU are a FOOL.
    Don't bother responding for my sake, I won't be wasting my time revisiting this post to see it.
    I will close in stating this obvious fact: President Donald Trump is the BEST U.S. PRESIDENT in our lifetimes.

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Not yet
    Fuck Trump 
    No Rapists 2020

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Yes
    Hi! said:
    Fuck Trump 
    No Rapists 2020
    i tend to agree with this
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 693

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 807
    Nah he's not qualified to do the job...oh wait...😂
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    No
    shecky said:
    "Rapist in office"?! (I would've clicked on "quote" but I didn't want to have to read your garbage comment twice). 
    YOU are a FOOL.
    Don't bother responding for my sake, I won't be wasting my time revisiting this post to see it.
    I will close in stating this obvious fact: President Donald Trump is the BEST U.S. PRESIDENT in our lifetimes.

I wouldn’t let him near my dog let alone my kids !
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    No
    Where is the hell no answer? But I would prefer almost anyone than that international disgrace that is the current US president or his revolving door of an administration. Pence is as scary as Trump. Rid the world of both in 2020. Vote!!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    No
    shecky said:
    YOU are a FOOL.

I wouldn’t let him near my dog let alone my kids !
    But think of the hush money he would pay your dog. I’m sure your dog is cuter than Stormy Daniels. And dogs are used to putting pieces of shit in their mouth. 

JK. Don’t wanna insult any dogs. 

F Trump
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    edited July 2019
    shecky said:
    YOU are a FOOL.

And I thought the first post was crazy. But then I read this one. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    No
    Ed’s not orange 🍊 enough 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    edited July 2019
    No
    shecky said:
    YOU are a FOOL.

That very well could be... except for those of us of us who are older than 2 years, 181 days, 12 hours and 35 minutes.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    No

That very well could be... except for those of us of us who are older than 2 years, 181 days, 12 hours and 35 minutes.
    That’s so hilarious and true at the same time. Well done
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    no,cos they will stop touring
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    shecky said:
    YOU are a FOOL.

Bill Pullman is.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    No
    Oh no you didn't! LMAO
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    No
    brianlux said:
    shecky said:
    YOU are a FOOL.

And counting....
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    No
    Oh man, think of the GA line for Inauguration Day in DC...
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,122
    edited July 2019
    Repubs always worship boobs(Not the good kind) in office 

they are intimidated by smart people
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Options
    No
    If Ed did win they would have to move the White House to Hawaii. Not a lot of good surfing in DC. And the Cubs would become the national team. Thanks but no thanks. Sure there would be some good posters though. 
  • Options
    No
    brianlux said:
    shecky said:
    YOU are a FOOL.

Mic 🎤 drops