Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Who’s going to point them out? Drop a dime and do your patriotic duty? Any true Americans on here? Making a list and checking it twice? Maybe someone you’ve known for years but, you know, they didn’t follow the rules? Maybe wear your MAGA arm band tomorrow? I hear if you do that you’ll be invited to a parade.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Who’s going to point them out? Drop a dime and do your patriotic duty? Any true Americans on here? Making a list and checking it twice? Maybe someone you’ve known for years but, you know, they didn’t follow the rules? Maybe wear your MAGA arm band tomorrow? I hear if you do that you’ll be invited to a parade.
    I’m staying indoors my brown ass ain’t getting caught in no net , even though I have an American passport they probably would say it’s not legit and send my ass back to Mexico 🇲🇽..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    From what I read they are going after those ordered deported already?  What are they suppose to do, not enforce the law?  It's no different than police arresting someone who has a warrant out for your arrest...if you been ordered out and don't go you are breaking the law.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Yeah I don’t like the blitz approach here, but I’m not sure we should be ignoring laws.

hippiemom = goodness
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Lindsey Graham “doesn’t care” if migrants are kept in horrific conditions for 400 days. 

https://apple.news/AXrh3EeowTzG5sfExPtr8Cg

Well, Lindsey, that’s because you’re a shithead. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    From what I read they are going after those ordered deported already?  What are they suppose to do, not enforce the law?  It's no different than police arresting someone who has a warrant out for your arrest...if you been ordered out and don't go you are breaking the law.

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited July 2019
    CM189191 said:

This is just dumb lol. I mean there is zero correlation.  These people that trump is targeting broke the law. You might not agree or like it but they were supposed to be deported as ordered by the courts.     How is it any different than arresting an actual citizen who broke the law?  I am no trump fan but if he follows what he says then I have no problem with it.  

And this a huge problem with the Democratic Party.  Many people believe (no statistics available) that the dems care more about illegal immigrants than actual citizens of this country. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,418
    mcgruff10 said:
    CM189191 said:

This is just dumb lol. I mean there is zero correlation.  These people that trump is targeting broke the law. You might not agree or like it but they were supposed to be deported as ordered by the courts.     How is it any different than arresting an actual citizen who broke the law?  I am no trump fan but if he follows what he says then I have no problem with it.  

And this a huge problem with the Democratic Party.  Many people believe (no statistics available) that the dems care more about illegal immigrants than actual citizens of this country. 
    so it comes down to, to what severity do we establish a deport order is? Is it serious felony worthy? You know, where teams are sent out on arrest warrants? Or more along the misdemeanor, we'll arrest you when we come across you.

Given most immigration offenses are civil in nature( I think) and not criminal, unless the deport orders come as a result of adjudicated criminal acts, should there be these raids?

further, just who are they targeting here? What of the ones who have appealed? Are they under threat? Given this admins direction , I would say there is no distinction.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    mcgruff10 said:
    CM189191 said:

All lives matter
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    mcgruff10 said:

Many people believe (no statistics available) that the dems care more about illegal immigrants than actual citizens of this country. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    CM189191 said:

so it comes down to, to what severity do we establish a deport order is? Is it serious felony worthy? You know, where teams are sent out on arrest warrants? Or more along the misdemeanor, we'll arrest you when we come across you.

Given most immigration offenses are civil in nature( I think) and not criminal, unless the deport orders come as a result of adjudicated criminal acts, should there be these raids?

further, just who are they targeting here? What of the ones who have appealed? Are they under threat? Given this admins direction , I would say there is no distinction.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/14/politics/ice-raids-undocumented-immigrants/index.html
    Acting US Citizenship and Immigration Services director Ken Cuccinelli took issue with referring to the targets of the raids as undocumented.
    "They're not undocumented. They've got a court order on a piece of paper -- federal order -- that says they've gotten due process, and (there are) over a million people with removal orders. That's the pool that ICE is drawing from," he told CNN.

So they've had due process and have been asked to leave but still haven't.  I'm wondering if this would even be newsworthy under any other President.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,418
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    CM189191 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/14/politics/ice-raids-undocumented-immigrants/index.html
    Acting US Citizenship and Immigration Services director Ken Cuccinelli took issue with referring to the targets of the raids as undocumented.
    "They're not undocumented. They've got a court order on a piece of paper -- federal order -- that says they've gotten due process, and (there are) over a million people with removal orders. That's the pool that ICE is drawing from," he told CNN.

So they've had due process and have been asked to leave but still haven't.  I'm wondering if this would even be newsworthy under any other President.  
    whats come since he was sworn in lends to that kind of scrutiny. rightly so.  We simply cant give benefit of doubt. Maybe at first, but that ending within the first week.
    So look for the stories where ONLY those specifically sought after under these orders were apprehended and sent back BUT no one else at the same apprehension.

And Cuccinelli is using "undocumented" in a shitheel way. It should go without saying what it mrans in immigration context.

Lastly, will the admin exercise the same zeal in those who have overstayed a visa of whatever type?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited July 2019
    How did this "illegal immigrants is part of the very foundation of our work force" come to be in the states?

I find it quite weird, the notion of having a bunch of people in a country, without knowing who they are and where... and also them being able to work. 

Do they pay taxes on their income? How does that work?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    How did this "illegal immigrants is part of the very foundation of our work force" come to be in the states?

I find it quite weird, the notion of having a bunch of people in a country, without knowing who they are and where... and also them being able to work. 

Do they pay taxes on their income? How does that work?
    Since the employer is required to take taxes out of their paychecks, yes in general most are paying income taxes.  And of course paying sales tax when they purchase things.

AS for having so many illegal immigrants in the country, most come in legal and overstay.  It's pretty embarrassing really.  Of course if you try to find them and deport them you are called a racist, so probably why our politicians have sit back and watched as this mess has gotten worse and worse.
    hippiemom = goodness
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    CM189191 said:

whats come since he was sworn in lends to that kind of scrutiny. rightly so.  We simply cant give benefit of doubt. Maybe at first, but that ending within the first week.
    So look for the stories where ONLY those specifically sought after under these orders were apprehended and sent back BUT no one else at the same apprehension.

And Cuccinelli is using "undocumented" in a shitheel way. It should go without saying what it mrans in immigration context.

Lastly, will the admin exercise the same zeal in those who have overstayed a visa of whatever type?

So are immigrants more violent ? 
    Which 'immigrants' are you talking about? 
    hippiemom = goodness
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/politics/republicans-who-criticize-trump-immigration-analysis/index.html

Interesting article.  Kinda obvious I guess but hadn't thought about it.  We are becoming more and more polarized with each election.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Which 'immigrants' are you talking about? 
    Southern immigrants Central Americans 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/politics/republicans-who-criticize-trump-immigration-analysis/index.html

Interesting article.  Kinda obvious I guess but hadn't thought about it.  We are becoming more and more polarized with each election.
    While true, somewhat irrelevant.  The House can pass a reform bill without the moderates.  It's the Senate that is the issue, both on legislation and Trump's language.  What happened to Collins, Gardner, Murkowski, Graham and the rest of the moderate to rational Republicans in the Senate?
    mrussel1 said:

While true, somewhat irrelevant.  The House can pass a reform bill without the moderates.  It's the Senate that is the issue, both on legislation and Trump's language.  What happened to Collins, Gardner, Murkowski, Graham and the rest of the moderate to rational Republicans in the Senate?
    In a broader sense though...moderates being run out of the government.  Only the former fringe  surviving.  Doesn't make for a very good government.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:

In a broader sense though...moderates being run out of the government.  Only the former fringe  surviving.  Doesn't make for a very good government.
    Yes agreed.  Purity tests piss me off. 
    Why aren’t we building a wall along the Canadian border again? Oh, that’s right, Team Trump Treason is in office.

https://harpers.org/archive/2019/08/harpers-index-august-2019/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Can build a fence if you want.  Good luck putting up the fence in the Detroit River, Lake Erie, Lake Superior, Lake Huron, St. Clair. River...etc.LMFAO
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    It would seem to me that if one of the top Customs and Border Patrol agent is not sure if a three year old child is a "criminal or national security threat", he might not be the best person for the job. I'm no border patrol agent, but I think I know what threats a three year old poses (to sleep, sanity, and patience) and what threats she doesn't (national security). 

This and other tidbits came out in the testimony of the Chief of law enforcement for CBP this week. Lies and obfuscations seemed to abound.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/07/cbp-chief-brian-hastings-family-separation-judiciary-hearing-not-mueller.html

Hastings also claimed that Francisco Galicia, an 18 year old US citizen who was apprehended at the border and held for a month, did not inform border patrol of his citizenship, which is odd, because border patrol also claimed that they held him because they believed he was "falsely claiming US citizenship". 

https://thehill.com/latino/454837-border-patrol-official-testifies-citizen-who-was-detained-for-nearly-a-month-didnt-say
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    It would seem to me that if one of the top Customs and Border Patrol agent is not sure if a three year old child is a "criminal or national security threat", he might not be the best person for the job. I'm no border patrol agent, but I think I know what threats a three year old poses (to sleep, sanity, and patience) and what threats she doesn't (national security). 

This and other tidbits came out in the testimony of the Chief of law enforcement for CBP this week. Lies and obfuscations seemed to abound.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/07/cbp-chief-brian-hastings-family-separation-judiciary-hearing-not-mueller.html

Hastings also claimed that Francisco Galicia, an 18 year old US citizen who was apprehended at the border and held for a month, did not inform border patrol of his citizenship, which is odd, because border patrol also claimed that they held him because they believed he was "falsely claiming US citizenship". 

https://thehill.com/latino/454837-border-patrol-official-testifies-citizen-who-was-detained-for-nearly-a-month-didnt-say
    “Only the best people, folks, only the best people.”

Brilliantati©
    https://www.alternativenation.net/eddie-vedder-family-reveal-heartbreaking-emergency/
    Def don’t like the title of this article but the point stands ! 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    It was only a matter of time before someone acted in response to this supposed “invasion.”  

WORD’S MATTER, TRUMP.....YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. 
    chinese-happy.jpg