Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    goldrush said:
    A video of On The Beach has surfaced.

Wow. Just... wow.

https://youtu.be/sQHvY29UHBI
    In the words of Liam Gallagher: Biblical 

Fuck.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Thank you so much for sharing this!!!
    goldrush said:
    Should have seen him at least once more this tour. 

Promise of the Real has really opened everything up, it's loose - it's surprising - anything can be played.

If he goes out with Crazy Horse next time, or someone else I bet the setlists will be more rigid and more boring.
    They’ve definitely brought something out of Neil. Remember that giant set list that he had on stage last year? Neil said that POTR knew all of his songs and that he could pick any one out of thin air to play. It must an incredible feeling to be able to do that.
    He has that list on stage still. It lies sideways in front of the drums. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Promise of the Real has really opened everything up, it's loose - it's surprising - anything can be played.

If he goes out with Crazy Horse next time, or someone else I bet the setlists will be more rigid and more boring.
    I don't like this idea at all. For some idiotic reason, I haven't given POTR a fair shake at all. I have viewed them as "NCH (or Not Crazy Horse)." 

Recently, I've been more into Neil Yound than I have been for 15-20 years probably. I don't know why. Been having some of his live tracks pop up from time to time and SiriusXM has been throwing him on more often. 

Historically, I love a lot of NY stuff, don't know a bunch more, and some of it is weird or boring to me.

Anyhow, I've been waiting for years to see NY & CH again. It has been WAAAAYYY too long since I saw them at the most memorable concert I have ever attended. I need to see them again and they need to be their bad ass selves. 

What would you folks recommend I listen to to open my eyes to his work with POTR? They deserve a more fair shot.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

I don't like this idea at all. For some idiotic reason, I haven't given POTR a fair shake at all. I have viewed them as "NCH (or Not Crazy Horse)." 

Recently, I've been more into Neil Yound than I have been for 15-20 years probably. I don't know why. Been having some of his live tracks pop up from time to time and SiriusXM has been throwing him on more often. 

Historically, I love a lot of NY stuff, don't know a bunch more, and some of it is weird or boring to me.

Anyhow, I've been waiting for years to see NY & CH again. It has been WAAAAYYY too long since I saw them at the most memorable concert I have ever attended. I need to see them again and they need to be their bad ass selves. 

What would you folks recommend I listen to to open my eyes to his work with POTR? They deserve a more fair shot.
    Some of their live stuff. No need to listen to the albums he has made with them. Won't say anything.

This "NY & CH" is a romanticized but fabricated construct. I would doubt they would bring it in 2019/2020 in a way that POTR wouldn't be able to.

https://youtu.be/7ov4K_4nfm8

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    That kind of circles me back to where I was to begin with. I don't necessarily want to see NY and POTR do NY/CH tunes (a couple are fine). It's just the same as why I don't want to see Eddie Vedder and POTR do a PJ set. I have come to terms that I may have to see NY w/ POTR or not at all. I will just know fewer songs with them in place of Crazy Horse.

And I fully understand the "romanticized" aspect of a show 20 years ago. A MAJOR component to that show was the weather and them playing through it.

***Side Note - it is not recommended that you go visit Crazy Horse monument near Mount Rushmore. It is so incomplete and a waste of time and money. :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    That kind of circles me back to where I was to begin with. I don't necessarily want to see NY and POTR do NY/CH tunes (a couple are fine). It's just the same as why I don't want to see Eddie Vedder and POTR do a PJ set. I have come to terms that I may have to see NY w/ POTR or not at all. I will just know fewer songs with them in place of Crazy Horse.

And I fully understand the "romanticized" aspect of a show 20 years ago. A MAJOR component to that show was the weather and them playing through it.

***Side Note - it is not recommended that you go visit Crazy Horse monument near Mount Rushmore. It is so incomplete and a waste of time and money. :lol:
    Just go watch Neil with POTR and fall head first into Words, Winterlong, Walk On etc. And watch Neil smile, and the bands smiles and don't watch to long at the cringy bassplayer.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I am listening to Tuscaloosa live now, playing on YouTube.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Stepping away from the negative shitfight of the Live At Easy Street thread for a second...

The last night of Neil’s European tour will be live streamed on the Archives site on Sunday :smiley:

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    Stepping away from the negative shitfight of the Live At Easy Street thread for a second...

The last night of Neil’s European tour will be live streamed on the Archives site on Sunday :smiley:

Time to organize a viewing party!!!
    edited July 2019
    Man, feeling a sting of anxiety today:

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904

Paradox Album is fantastic.
    Earth Album I have had on high rotation.
    The appearances at farmaid the last several years I think have been just stellar.
    Maybe this peace Trail video will do it for you good luck I love it.
    https://youtu.be/zH8NxTlzw7w
  • Thanks so much for picking this to post...nite nite...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    goldrush said:
    A video of On The Beach has surfaced.

Wow. Just... wow.

https://youtu.be/sQHvY29UHBI
    Neil, still making magic with Old Back.  It just doesn't get any better.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Does NYA stream in 5.1?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Driving to Kilkenny tomorrow to see Neil and Bob co-headline at a GAA stadium. Can't wait.
    Gonna go buy some snacks - two hours till the show. If I'm counting correctly.
    The video quality is really bad/low rez on my end and the audio doesnt sync up to the video. 

Anyone else having the same quality?

would have prefered a stream through youtube 
    Listens to it instead of watching. Works. 

Everybody knows this is nowhere now. 
    edited July 2019
    The chosen angles suck too. Kind of boring watching. Not that dynamic and a lot of profile shots or shots of Neils back. 

Someone call Danny clinch 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Everytime they cut to the drummer it feels like it is filmed in the 70s though which I enjoy
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I forgot this was on Today. I just tuned in at Fuckin' Up.

I agree with the camera from behind is not that great and it's out of synch. But, it is better then nothing. 
    75% of Human Hughway they stayed on one weird wide shot with Neil furthest from the camera. Like they forgot to cut. 

Its also runs like 10 frames per second for me. 

Haha. But still great. 

DEPARTMENT STORES TOILET PAPER
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Neil is really on fire at the moment. Looking forward to hearing what he's cooked up on this new album with the Horse.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    For anyone that missed it:

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited July 2019
    Seeing Neil and Bob share the stage for a song was an amazing piece of music history. 
    And the weather was scorching for Ireland. I felt like I was back at a summer concert in New York. That atmosphere in Kilkenny was a huge party. Neil rocked it as usual. His opener this tour has usually been Mansion on the Hill and then last night he busts out Like an Inca. He fails to disappoint. 
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Edved82 said:
    Neil is really on fire at the moment. Looking forward to hearing what he's cooked up on this new album with the Horse.
    Same here!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

eddiec said:
    Seeing Neil and Bob share the stage for a song was an amazing piece of music history. 
    And the weather was scorching for Ireland. I felt like I was back at a summer concert in New York. That atmosphere in Kilkenny was a huge party. Neil rocked it as usual. His opener this tour has usually been Mansion on the Hill and then last night he busts out Like an Inca. He fails to disappoint. 
    But no Opera Star though. :( 
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Neil Young, Norah Jones, and Father John Misty will play a benefit show for Painted Turtle and The Bridge School on September 14 in Lake Hughes, CA.

You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com