The Raconteurs

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Up there for album of the year for me
    Ditto. Wasn't too crazy about the previous two albums but this one really sizzles.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Love the whole album, but this is my favorite song at the moment....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hrJCrHYVjM
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mfc2006 said:
    Love the whole album, but this is my favorite song at the moment....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hrJCrHYVjM
    I’m with you, Matt. It’s one of the best songs about dealing with depression. And the outro gives me the feels. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Love this album.  Cant wait to see the tour.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390

Finally had time last night, and although I only listened through once, I freakin' love it.

Can't wait for the September tour, I've never seen them live.

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited July 2019
    Revisited this again. Now, when I hear the song Somedays, I immediately think Lynyrd Skynyrd. I get prepared to belt out Simple Man and then I remember who it is eventually Lol
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Every listen I change as to what my favorite song is , for driving home last night Don’t Bother Me is so damn good 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    I lost my shit last night. That is all. 
    did you see me? i saw you.
    I lost my shit last night. That is all. 
    Damn please tell us more , I’m so pumped for the shows here in Sept !
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    I had a little buyers regret getting tickets for both Boston shows... it doesn’t look like they change their set much from night to night, and the shows are on a Monday & Tuesday. 

That regret evaporated once I heard the new album... can’t freaking wait for these shows. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    Will listen to this for the first time now!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I believe you will be impressed, it’s a solid effort best album I’ve listened from start to finish in a long long time !
    I believe you will be impressed, it’s a solid effort best album I’ve listened from start to finish in a long long time !
    I lied. I have to take a shower. Than I will listen to it!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I had a little buyers regret getting tickets for both Boston shows... it doesn’t look like they change their set much from night to night, and the shows are on a Monday & Tuesday. 

That regret evaporated once I heard the new album... can’t freaking wait for these shows. 
    I didn’t know that they were playing two shows. I got tix for Monday. Hoping I can go. I don’t have the kids’ hockey schedules yet. Maybe I’ll try to get Tuesday as well so that I’m covered. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Damn....should I go see them in Milwaukee?

Decisions, decisions...
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Decisions, decisions...
    YES.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

Decisions, decisions...
    YES.
    2nd it ! 
    Jack White always delivers such great energy in whatever he does.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Friday's show fucking rocked! Jack was on fire! 10:15 pm start, played about 90 minutes, 16 songs.  All the new material is fantastic live!  Blue Veins was awesome with Jacks long solo! The band as a whole were great!  Jack was calling out songs, and one time kicked Dean off of the keys!  He's a madman!  Patrick Keeler is a phenomenal drummer and performer.  We was keeping the energy amped up, along with Jack.  The sound started off kinda iffy.  They worked it out by the third song! Great hometown performance!  We're lucky to have Jack representing Detroit and Michigan!  He is great ambassador!  I just wish the show was longer.  We were center stage on the main floor about 20 people deep from the stage. My buddy got hit with a pick, midway through the show and found it when the house lights went on.  Lucky bastard.  GO SEE THIS BAND!!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Friday's show fucking rocked! Jack was on fire! 10:15 pm start, played about 90 minutes, 16 songs.  All the new material is fantastic live!  Blue Veins was awesome with Jacks long solo! The band as a whole were great!  Jack was calling out songs, and one time kicked Dean off of the keys!  He's a madman!  Patrick Keeler is a phenomenal drummer and performer.  We was keeping the energy amped up, along with Jack.  The sound started off kinda iffy.  They worked it out by the third song! Great hometown performance!  We're lucky to have Jack representing Detroit and Michigan!  He is great ambassador!  I just wish the show was longer.  We were center stage on the main floor about 20 people deep from the stage. My buddy got hit with a pick, midway through the show and found it when the house lights went on.  Lucky bastard.  GO SEE THIS BAND!!!!!
    https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/1720566001
    Man you caught a great show 👍 can’t wait for Sept shows here in NY !!
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    ^^^^^ Thanks, it was a blast!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    One week away for me. Getting excited. Been over 11 years since I last saw them.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    One week away for me. Getting excited. Been over 11 years since I last saw them.
    Cool enjoy ! 
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    mfc2006 said:
    Can't wait to see them tomorrow!!!
    Nice! I’m pumped for the KC show!
    Me too!  Just saw that it is sold out, have a friend that waited too long for a ticket.  
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Going to see them on Friday in Vancouver.
    What’s the merch been like?Any limited vinyl or cool things to report?
    Just trying to get a gauge on how early I need to show up.
    Thanks everybody:)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Man, I think The Raconteurs is Jack's project/band/whatever ever. Consolers of the Lonely is one of my favorite albums of all time and this one is so freaking solid. Just keeps getting better and better, each listen.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Still dig the album but it’s not sticking with me the way some other recent albums are. Keep going back to the Tedeschi-Trucks’ Signs and the new National is creeping up on the play count bit by bit. Not a bad album by any stretch but about half feels predictable and rehashed. Part of that is the way Jack sorta pillages different bits from his various projects form his solo albums. 
    DewieCox said:
    Still dig the album but it’s not sticking with me the way some other recent albums are. Keep going back to the Tedeschi-Trucks’ Signs and the new National is creeping up on the play count bit by bit. Not a bad album by any stretch but about half feels predictable and rehashed. Part of that is the way Jack sorta pillages different bits from his various projects form his solo albums. 
    I’m not going to micro dissect this album just gonna enjoy it for what it is a damn good Rock&Roll album plus live is the most important aspect of it ! It’s all about individual tastes you mentioned T&T , The National to me those two bands don’t do anything for me ..
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Man, I think The Raconteurs is Jack's project/band/whatever ever. Consolers of the Lonely is one of my favorite albums of all time and this one is so freaking solid. Just keeps getting better and better, each listen.
    other than a few WS songs Raconteurs is the only thing i like of his and i really like them.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    DewieCox said:
    Signs is incredible all the way through
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest