psst...7/10/19

Comments

• lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    foodboy said:
    to all that got one congratulations. to those that didn't there is always the next one. no condolences its not a funeral.
    I'm both gutted and outraged by this comment...

Closed for review...

lol
    It guts me that you're gutted. 
    Thoughts and prayers, Chris. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    Got the shipping notice much sooner than expected.  Thanks, 10C!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Just got mine too!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903

Posting Guidelines

Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

etc

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    ooooh!  Back in action!!!
  • satch777satch777 Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    In queue for shipping. Thanks, 10 Club!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Hi what did i miss.?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Whoa! That was fast. No shipping confirmation email yet here.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Hi what did i miss.?
    Not much. We’re celebrating the release

shipping notification!!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

I could have bought one.  I decided I'm 95% done with the merch game and so I didn't buy one.   I think if most of you sold your most prized PJ collectible you would find that it isn't a big deal and your life isn't better with or without it.  You would probably end up selling more and downsize. 

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    edited July 2019

I could have bought one.  I decided I'm 95% done with the merch game and so I didn't buy one.   I think if most of you sold your most prized PJ collectible you would find that it isn't a big deal and your life isn't better with or without it.  You would probably end up selling more and downsize. 

Me too ive gone this way over the last few  years. I now just get merch and stuff for others. Feels better . I dont need all the  stuff. Just some bits i like and picks. Picks will always turn  my head. I will always be an addict  . Just not everything.  Every time.  Or at all.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Shipping email received!

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    We need to rebuild this entire fanbase. It is conditioned to condone and defend completely un-needed practises. And it's so surprising - it's not like it is in your own self interest or help your fellow fans. 

Remember when shit hit the fan during the "we were sabotaged" thing and Kelly Curtis came on to give a bunch of non-answers but still at least had to create an account and face us? Something actually happened that forced a reaction, a response and change.

I understand it might be hard for some parts of the world to understand the idea of unionising or joining together. But we hold the power for change - together. 

But as long as people are, for whatever reason, defending un-needed practises that change will be impossible. You being a good boy will not make Eddie Vedder take you out surfing.

And people will gladly sit and wait for five years for DEEP magazines and holiday singles they've paid for while the band chills out or makes more money on other merch they have to take the time to OK - merch that is not DEEP or holiday singles.

Bizarre if you stop and think. 

Maybe it's just me who doesn't feel the need to make money of other fans or build up a portfolio of shit to trade with that makes me feel like "fairness" is something to strive for.

For most of us, what we get from the band is satisfying enough. You're projecting your own obsession and bottomless void onto everyone else.
  • ManUnitedManUnited Jersey Shore Posts: 160
    Next Vinyl release for analog members ONLY !

Can you imagine the outrage ?LOL
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2019
    pjl44 said:
    We need to rebuild this entire fanbase. It is conditioned to condone and defend completely un-needed practises. And it's so surprising - it's not like it is in your own self interest or help your fellow fans. 

Remember when shit hit the fan during the "we were sabotaged" thing and Kelly Curtis came on to give a bunch of non-answers but still at least had to create an account and face us? Something actually happened that forced a reaction, a response and change.

I understand it might be hard for some parts of the world to understand the idea of unionising or joining together. But we hold the power for change - together. 

But as long as people are, for whatever reason, defending un-needed practises that change will be impossible. You being a good boy will not make Eddie Vedder take you out surfing.

And people will gladly sit and wait for five years for DEEP magazines and holiday singles they've paid for while the band chills out or makes more money on other merch they have to take the time to OK - merch that is not DEEP or holiday singles.

Bizarre if you stop and think. 

Maybe it's just me who doesn't feel the need to make money of other fans or build up a portfolio of shit to trade with that makes me feel like "fairness" is something to strive for.

For most of us, what we get from the band is satisfying enough. You're projecting your own obsession and bottomless void onto everyone else.
    Ok.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    That time William Wallace fought the English because some 10C members missed out on a colored vinyl... 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited July 2019

I sold my Munk One Pittsburgh 4 years ago for $300, because I needed emergency security deposit money.  I kept the 3 I had framed and that prompted me to sell all the other posters I had.  I don't miss any of them.
  • Grabbed a copy without reading through the description making an assumption it was going to be the whole show. Like a few others, I based that on how the 10 Club was going to get their own release and I thought it was worded in a way that made it sound like the full show. Or maybe I just filled in the blanks with hope that it would be. :)

Oh well, it will get played though.
    1995 - Milwaukee, Night 1 ~~~ 2004 - VFC Toledo ~~~ 2006 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2009 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2 ~~~
    2011 - PJ 20 East Troy, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley ~~~ 2014 - Moline ~~~ 2016 - Wrigley, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2018 - Wrigley, Night 1 & 2 ~~~ 2022 - STL~~~ 2023 - Chicago, Night 1 & 2
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350

This comment is particularly hilarious, considering just this week you posted the link to the bootleg Vedder shirt you're selling in one of the PJ Facebook groups.....so you can make money off of other fans.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    RP112579 said:

This comment is particularly hilarious, considering just this week you posted the link to the bootleg Vedder shirt you're selling in one of the PJ Facebook groups.....so you can make money off of other fans.
    Oh snap!!!
  • joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    That time William Wallace fought the English because some 10C members missed out on a colored vinyl... 
    FREEDOM!!!!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    RP112579 said:

Lol 
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    Grabbed a copy without reading through the description making an assumption it was going to be the whole show. Like a few others, I based that on how the 10 Club was going to get their own release and I thought it was worded in a way that made it sound like the full show. Or maybe I just filled in the blanks with hope that it would be. :)

Oh well, it will get played though.
    It was never worded that way.  Just 10 clubbers being hopeful of a full show.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    bootlegger10 said: hulu

But fresh vinyl smells soooo good...sure it will feel good to pass it on someday. I guess everything I own is really just visiting...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    I don’t get why some people here seem to think that there are only two types of Pearl Jam fans.... the comments here make it seem like you’re either the type of fan that must collect everything and you are obsessed with having every item ever made or the type of fan who has purged their entire collection and is now living in a state of enlightened merch-free bliss.  

It is is possible to collect without getting carried away or consumed by materialism.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    on2legs said:
    I don’t get why some people here seem to think that there are only two types of Pearl Jam fans.... the comments here make it seem like you’re either the type of fan that must collect everything and you are obsessed with having every item ever made or the type of fan who has purged their entire collection and is now living in a state of enlightened merch-free bliss.  

It is is possible to collect without getting carried away or consumed by materialism.  =)
    Hey now, there you go again with your common sense 
  • RP112579 said:

dizamn
  • on2legs said:

so wait, you're saying there's a middle ground?