Can we be done with having threads closed?

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Always remember  before you be rude. Another person maybe in some kind of situation. Or a different language  is first  tongue. 
    And if you get a buzz from hurting others  you dont belong here. Ive had people push my buttons  when simply  i may not understand  the subject or culture. 
    In real life i will not be pushed by any human. But on internet i find i MUST  allow people to hide behind  a screen
     These people in real.life conversations  would not dream to say these  things 

It all comes down to the bravery people suddenly get being on a keyboard amd having zero connection in person. 
    I can react. I also can love everyone. I choose  love because i know  pain. 
    If you put pain on me thats a reflection of your SELF. We all should look at our SELF..
    I now look around and see so many people in actual life struggle.  With health. Money and now this self made amazing tool to hurt  people...
    .the fuckin internet.
    Ive only had to defend a handful of times and still will. But mostly do not enter a thread or convo  just to corrupt. 2 users on here  do it to me a lot. If they catch me off guard. I unload. If not i laugh and move on. 

Life is hard lets not make our love of music hard. All my love always rob
    I guess that's why they call it "keyboard warrior". 

Yes, I agree, less keyboard warrior nonsense,  more coming together for solutions, support, and love.  Right on, Rob.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    RYME said:
    Its not easy being a conservative here.  I totally get it that most pj fans, the band itself, and staff are liberal minded and I'm in the minority here.
    I'm not looking to win arguments, I'm giving you my perspective, and looking for clarity, where we differ and agree.  But I get blasted personally almost every time unless it's in the lounge car.
    Like it or lump it the posts about Sarah Sanders was way over the top, Christian mockery and all.  Just say you don't like her and that's good enough.
    The Right & Left is sooo fundimentally different, its almost impossible to "coexist"
    The very premis on what people here "think I am" based on how I vote (Conservative/ Republican/Trump) (racist/sexist/phobias/Etc.) for example, I don't know how to put into words how wrong that is of me and most Trump/conservative voters.  I'm not the least bit racist,( most Republican voters are not sexist and racist Etc) or any of the phobias.
    No person,  politician or Institution is perfect.
    Conservatives vote for the person who we think will run the country closest to our ideals.  Sometimes the choice we have at the end of the primaries isn't our first choice but it's that or the other side so we choose that.
    You can have a terrible person run a country or business really well and thrive.
    You can have a really good person who runs a country or business into the ground.
    We vote for the person who we think will get  the job done closest to our ideals.
    We have no control over that person's personal life and past. We deal with our choice which is whoever makes it hrough the primaries.  It doesn't matter who we vote for they are going to have flaws we just pick the lesser of the two evils. The right and left are going to differ on that forever.
    But on this message board, I tried to be polite, (I'm not perfect either) but when I get insulted or blasted I fight back a little and then I cringe to look at the next post responding to my last post. It's a good thing you guys can't jump out of the phone and strangle me cuz some of you probably would.
    Benjs suggested to me maybe I should hang around people more in line with my thinking because people here hate racist and sexist. The person assumes that I am racist and sexist which is totally totally false assumption.
    Talking with my friends about this is like preaching to the choir, talking with you people here takes a little bit of effort, I don't mind the differences I hate the labels put on when you don't actually know where I'm coming from.  Based on where you are located your views can be different, somebody who lives in a city on the coast has different priorities than someone who lives in the Upper Midwest.  And vice versa someone who lives in New York has different issues than somebody living in Montana or Alaska.
    Try to stick to the topics and avoid smears maybe this will go better.
    We have a common appreciation in music and Pearl Jam this is ivery nteresting to say the least. The assumption that a person is racist and sexist based on their vote is asinine.  We are concerned with the direction of the country more than anything else.
     Although I different with many of you on many many issues I am not your enemy.

Ryme, your comment was about confusion around the hatred abound towards Sarah Huckabee Sanders. I responded with the numerous reasons for the hatred, and suggested if you can't comprehend it, that might be why. One facetious comment from you brought out one facetious comment from me. For what it's worth, there are plenty of people on here I vehemently disagree with, yet they post without the 'mockery' that I see in yours, and as a result, we get along great.

With that said, I'll try to think more about what I'm posting before I post it, as the last thing I want to do is make you feel uncomfortable posting here. I love this place because we have differing opinions (not in spite of it), and to ruin that would really be a bummer. I'm sorry for making you feel this way, Ryme, and will do my best to take the high road when I feel there are two that could be taken.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    I love this thread. Brain you are  a genius
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Brian for mayor
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    Always remember  before you be rude. Another person maybe in some kind of situation. Or a different language  is first  tongue. 
    And if you get a buzz from hurting others  you dont belong here. Ive had people push my buttons  when simply  i may not understand  the subject or culture. 
    In real life i will not be pushed by any human. But on internet i find i MUST  allow people to hide behind  a screen

It all comes down to the bravery people suddenly get being on a keyboard amd having zero connection in person. 
    If you put pain on me thats a reflection of your SELF. We all should look at our SELF..
    I now look around and see so many people in actual life struggle.  With health. Money and now this self made amazing tool to hurt  people...
    .the fuckin internet.
    Ive only had to defend a handful of times and still will. But mostly do not enter a thread or convo  just to corrupt. 2 users on here  do it to me a lot. If they catch me off guard. I unload. If not i laugh and move on. 

Very solid post lastexitlondon!
    Beautiful.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

.the fuckin internet.

this is what I'm trying these days, to ignore people like that, instead of getting triggered by them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Me too. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    I am not a fan of an "ignore button".  Nor am I a fan of blocking people on social media.  I want to know what you are saying, not hide from it.

If you want to keep piling on the poison I want to be able to read it and for everyone to see it too.

I also think the mods are soft on some things and tougher on other things.  I can't understand why some threads get locked up anymore?

Like @HughFreakingDillon I don't bother even commenting now to certain remarks, it's not worth it.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    I am not a fan of an "ignore button".  Nor am I a fan of blocking people on social media.  I want to know what you are saying, not hide from it.

If you want to keep piling on the poison I want to be able to read it and for everyone to see it too.

I also think the mods are soft on some things and tougher on other things.  I can't understand why some threads get locked up anymore?

Like @HughFreakingDillon I don't bother even commenting now to certain remarks, it's not worth it.
    I have very few people ignored, and I still read most of what they have to say. It's a nice 'soft ignore' that allows me one click to show an 'ignored' person's post, but then to close it up when I feel myself getting 'triggered' and I know I'm about to say something that's not appropriate or fair.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    You know, it makes me happy every time I see that AOC thread closed. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    Troublemaker!  :lol: 

But I suspect we will see more about her here so let me help you out:

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

I look for more AOC in the look at the lies told today thread. Maybe I can get this thread locked??????

hippiemom = goodness
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

brianlux said:

I look for more AOC in the look at the lies told today thread. Maybe I can get this thread locked??????

"I look for more AOC in the look at the lies told today thread."

One of us needs more coffee this morning, Cincy.  Either me so I can decipher this sentence, or you so you can re-word it.  :lol:

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

One of us needs more coffee this morning, Cincy.  Either me so I can decipher this sentence, or you so you can re-word it.  :lol:
    I was reading the last 10 posts there it was a little contentious but I am confused as to why they shut it down?
    I don't care if it's available or not.  I just didn't see anything that stood out.
    edited July 2019
    Turn off the news and we will all get along just fine ;)
    https://youtu.be/S5Sw2vsJkBc
    Post edited by RYME on
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Stupid iPhone corrections and the fact that the site sucks from iPhone sometimes
    hippiemom = goodness
    RYME said:
    RYME taking care of business:

brianlux said:
    RYME said:

Yes  =)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    closed for review
    Jason P said:
    closed for review
    :rofl:

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:

https://youtu.be/DSNjZxM_s_E
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:

Vary good.
    Safety glasses and all OSHA approves. =)
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:

Vary good.
    Safety glasses and all OSHA approves. =)
    Thank GOD no more Mohawk.  Ed looks TERRIBLE  with that cut!

RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I was reading the last 10 posts there it was a little contentious but I am confused as to why they shut it down?
    I don't care if it's available or not.  I just didn't see anything that stood out.
    Yep, no idea why it got closed.

Y'all need to stop flagging things too. Bringing attention to something isn't the best practice.  Stop w the tattling...
    RYME said:

Y'all need to stop flagging things too. Bringing attention to something isn't the best practice.  Stop w the tattling...
    I totally agree.  If snarky, insulting, etc. comments are ignored, the person writing such nonsense will eventually tire or get bored with their own b.s. and go away.  Not getting sucked in is the best response.

brianlux said:
    RYME said:

I totally agree.  If snarky, insulting, etc. comments are ignored, the person writing such nonsense will eventually tire or get bored with their own b.s. and go away.  Not getting sucked in is the best response.
    This.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Its true
     We all see it happening . And we can all join in . In ignoring any further post from that person. Then they are irrelevant 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

The damn Pssst thread got shut down on Porch.  WTH?
    People are stupid.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07