Options

Can we be done with having threads closed?

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,939
    This place is getting really bad. Im seeing way too much anger and nasty intention. Its not right
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited July 2019
    This place is getting really bad. Im seeing way too much anger and nasty intention. Its not right
    Sent this card to a friend a few days ago, but I believe it applies here too. 

Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    In any mess, things get a bit worse while parties try to understand each other. I feel like I've had many cathartic conversations with people from all walks of life on here, and that we're reaching some common understanding. It can be frustrating at times, but if there's anything I've learnt about this place, it's that what you can get out of it (community, knowledge, insights and perspectives from lives not like my own) are all completely worth tolerating the shenanigans for. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    Sadly, Rob, not just here.  Anger seems to abound these days. 

For example, a few days ago I was at the front of the store and heard loud yelling on the street.  This big guy was in the face of a woman merchant across the street yelling right in her face.   It was a hot day and it turns out she had noticed two dogs in this SUV with it's window rolled up, parked in the sun in front of her store.  She couldn't find the owner so she called the cops.  I guess the guy was mad at her for calling the cops but she did the right thing.  I was ready to run across the street to help this woman and at the same time, three young ladies  walked by and told him to back off.  He jumped in his SUV, rolled down the window and yelled at those young ladies screaming, "F*#& off you damn liberal bitches!" 

Wow!  What is wrong with people like that?  It's everywhere.  Road rage is rampant.  Rudeness all over the place and anger, anger, anger.  And in these times, anger is sometimes an appropriate response but how people deal with their anger is very often so totally wrong and dysfunctional.

We need more calm heads and peace in this crazy world!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    True.  I know many have lashed out here (at least verbally), thrown tantrums, called names, instigated or prolonged pissing contests, and the like.

When dealing with assholes, I try not to be an asshole in kind.  And I stay away from the close-to-coming-unhinged in real life.  Let 'em stew in the misery of their own making or learn how to grow the fuck up.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    True.  I know many have lashed out here (at least verbally), thrown tantrums, called names, instigated or prolonged pissing contests, and the like.

When dealing with assholes, I try not to be an asshole in kind.  And I stay away from the close-to-coming-unhinged in real life.  Let 'em stew in the misery of their own making or learn how to grow the fuck up.
    Good advice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,939
    I still feel sad for those who get picked on here. And there are definite instigators . The  same old people. I read most threads and comment  freely as it should  be. But  my nature is to protect and i do this in real  life.  I put myself in the  way of trouble normally to save others. I dont know what thats about, but i am the one who speaks out in life. On interweb its pointless to do so as keyboard  is never  ending .  Things can safely be said done,implied with bo consequences  for the  warrior. 
    Anyway  i will step out side  smell the  blossom on the  trees and go water my vegetables.  As ive found nature the only real way to stay calmer
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    hedonist said:

I enjoy a good ol' fashion pissing contest.

Are we doing volume, stream or distance?
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    hedonist said:

Writing in cursive. Are you still game? :whistle:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    hedonist said:

If you can write in cursive, color me super impressed!  :lol:    
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    hedonist said:

Distance from an elevated platform B) lol
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Snow or just pavement?  I've got u beat both ways but I want to give you a chance.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    hedonist said:

That is all in stream.  Once you are maxed out it's not going any further, terminal velocity...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    RYME said:
    hedonist said:

That is all in stream.  Once you are maxed out it's not going any further, terminal velocity...
    New Olympic event at he opposite end of the high diving pool??
    Or do you put it next to the discus, shot put, or better yet javelin area??
    A new pole
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    hedonist said:

A new pole
    It's got to be at the triple jump sand pit.  You'd need to re rake the sand after each "go"....

See what I did there?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited July 2019
    Edit: wrong thread
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Calling on @Halifax2TheMax

This is right in yours and Tom Arnolds wheelhouse!
  • Options

Huh?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Nevermind, the funny part taht would have made this funny is gone now.

Sorry @Halifax
  • Options

Nevermind, the funny part taht would have made this funny is gone now.

Sorry @Halifax
    Me referencing Trump’s alleged pee tape? Yeah I saw the pee talk and thought this was the Trump thread for a moment. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    hedonist said:

If you can write in cursive, color me super impressed!  :lol:    
    The lengths I will go to impress you...  =)

hedonist said:

Snow or just pavement?  I've got u beat both ways but I want to give you a chance.
    See you at the sand pit! haha
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,983
    edited July 2019
    I'm not a fan of this type of people-who-can't-pee-in-front-of-people alienation.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    hedonist said:

Yeah, say that now, buddy.  Wait until you're my age!

Say, got any saw-palmetto? I for got to take mine  :lol:

• Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    hedonist said:

A new pole
    It's got to be at the triple jump sand pit.  You'd need to re rake the sand after each "go"....

See what I did there?
    I think a high dive type platform would be the cat's meow.  Then you don't need a rake.
    The pool water would temporarily change color where the piss hits the water, and there's a tape measure along the edge of the pool.  People would train for years and years just for their chance to medal at the Olympics in a pissing match.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of this type of people-who-can't-pee-in-front-of-people alienation.
    I'll be your trainer. We'll be posting a pissing montage in no time!
  • Options
    Image result for letter DImage result for Plus signImage result for train rails
  • Options
    Do you mean to tell me that this thread wasn't originally about urine?
  • Options
    I think it's sort of about "you're in"  (or you're out!)

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I think it's sort of about "you're in"  (or you're out!)
    :lol: 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Buncha pissants!