PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

We should do a poll:  "Which one of these guys has the coolest shoes?" 

I'm going with Mike's.
    I usually like Jeff’s shoes best. 
    I'm less of a sneaker person (besides my chucks), so I'm going with Matt's, even though I can't make them out all that clearly. They look stylin' from what I can see.
    I also miss these guys.
    Yeah, I think Jeff is def a sneaker guy. Always wearing the Jordan’s and Nike’s back in the day. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Didn’t Eddie put on a pair of Birds converse after busting through the Boston Garden stage back in the day?

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

I'm going with Mike's.

PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

I'm going with Mike's.
    I'm less of a sneaker person (besides my chucks), so I'm going with Matt's, even though I can't make them out all that clearly. They look stylin' from what I can see.
    I also miss these guys.
    Hey, check it out, controversial topic with varying opinions and no major arguments!  I knew we could do it!  :smiley:

Matt's shoes look  interesting with those boxed toes.  Maybe specially made for the kick drum, LOL.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

I'm going with Mike's.

PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

I'm going with Mike's.
    I also miss these guys.
    Hey, check it out, controversial topic with varying opinions and no major arguments!  I knew we could do it!  :smiley:

Matt's shoes look  interesting with those boxed toes.  Maybe specially made for the kick drum, LOL.
    Matt's "shoes" on my screen look like open-toed sandals, which would be an immediate disqualification in the "best shoe" category. lol
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

I'm going with Mike's.

PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

I'm going with Mike's.
    I also miss these guys.

Matt's "shoes" on my screen look like open-toed sandals, which would be an immediate disqualification in the "best shoe" category. lol
    If I am seeing that wrong and they are open toed, I take it back!! :lol: But I think/hope the toes are just a different colour, haha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

I'm going with Mike's.

PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

I'm going with Mike's.
    I also miss these guys.

PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

I'm going with Mike's.

PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

I'm going with Mike's.
    I also miss these guys.

If I am seeing that wrong and they are open toed, I take it back!! :lol: But I think/hope the toes are just a different colour, haha.
    Ah oh... we're veering into some pretty heavy shoe controversy here! :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

End of the 2003 tour, lots of fun at those shows. And I ll go with mike s shoes!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

End of the 2003 tour, lots of fun at those shows. And I ll go with mike s shoes!!!
    Aww-riiiiiight!

Poor Stone.  Goodwill rejects?  :lol: 

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited July 2019
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

Aww-riiiiiight!

I liked it when Ed was rocking the 91 Air Jordans.  I noticed on the Wrigley Field DVD Ed was wearing those same 91 Jordans earlier in the day, before the show.  I'm wondering if they were the same ones he had on during the MTV acoustic show?
    Still my favorite version of porch whith that tribal call to action he had going on leading up to the finale.
    https://youtu.be/llOpE85bmW0 B)
    Post edited by RYME on
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

Aww-riiiiiight!

I liked it when Ed was rocking the 91 Air Jordans.  I noticed on the Wrigley Field DVD Ed was wearing those same 91 Jordans earlier in the day, before the show.  I'm wondering if they were the same ones he had on during the MTV acoustic show?
    Still my favorite version of porch whith that tribal call to action he had going on leading up to the finale.
    Very cool!

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2019
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hi! said:
    I miss these guys

Aww-riiiiiight!

Very cool!
    Yeah if I havn't seen that version in a while, he is so intense that makes the hair on my arms stand up a little bit.  Yes siree it would be nice if they would get back in the saddle.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    very politely and deftly handled...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mickeyrat said:
    Ya gotta wonder...why would you show up to work like that at anyone’s house? Stupid. Well, it stupid to have it at all, but especially so if at work.

hippiemom = goodness
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mickeyrat said:
    Ya gotta wonder...why would you show up to work like that at anyone’s house? Stupid. Well, it stupid to have it at all, but especially so if at work.

dudes response. well I can take it down......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thanks for sharing this.
    Please do not lump all white male conservatives with these racist idiots who run around with Confederate flags. I despise them and the dude who had it on his pickup truck as much as anybody.

I am an old school ( Abe Lincoln) conservative. The Southern Democrats of that era owned the Confederacy.  I'm not saying today's Democrats are to blame for that, they had nothing to do with it.
    But just don't tie it in with conservative Republicans please that's all I'm asking.
    It was the conservative (many of them Christians) who fought the Confederacy to abolish slavery.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    RYME said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thanks for sharing this.
    Please do not lump all white male conservatives with these racist idiots who run around with Confederate flags. I despise them and the dude who had it on his pickup truck as much as anybody.

I can't believe how obnoxiously large it is too. How can anyone service am entire community with that on their work vehicle.  You immediately lose half of your customers,  at least.  Idiots. 
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thanks for sharing this.

I can't believe how obnoxiously large it is too. How can anyone service am entire community with that on their work vehicle.  You immediately lose half of your customers,  at least.  Idiots. 
    No kidding!  Around our area I've seen a handful of cars and (mostly) pick up trucks with the monstrous flags (some are regular U.S., some Confederate, and some Tea Party) attached to them.  Talk about "symbol minded".  And it looks weird enough but when it's a work vehicle?  Really dumb!

edited July 2019
    You see I am with you guys on this even though I'm a conservative white male Christian who voted for Trump.
    I'm as anti-racist as you can get.
    Those racist idiots who drive around with Confederate flags on their car should be pushed off the same Cliff I was talking about regarding police brutalities against people and people of color.
    There is no place in this world for their crap.
    I'm hoping to someday get a kudos from one of you lefties out there who think I'm racist sexist homophobic xenophobe I'm none of that crap.  Lefties and righties do have some common ground here.  And there's a lot of inaccurate stereotypes about righties. And I would never (all) in any statement because there are always s***heads in every walk of life.
    Post edited by RYME on
    RYME said:
    You see I am with you guys on this even though I'm a conservative white male Christian who voted for Trump.
    Those racist idiots who drive around with Confederate flags on their car should be pushed off the same Cliff I was talking about regarding police brutalities against people and people of color.
    I'm hoping to someday get a kudos from one of you lefties out there who think I'm racist sexist homophobic xenophobe I'm none of that crap.  Lefties and righties do have some common ground here.  And there's a lot of inaccurate stereotypes about righties. And I would never (all) in any statement because there are always s***heads in every walk of life.
    There are lots of conservative thinking people who are not racists, RYME.  There are lots of conservative people who are "yellow, black and white", as the song goes.  There are many conservatives who believe global warming is caused by human activity.

So what this illustrates to me is the harm that labels cause.  Few people are truly one thing or another.  We all run somewhere along several spectrums of thinking.  I am far left on some subjects and fairly conservative on others.  Call me anything but the proverbial "late for dinner"!

brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    There are lots of conservative thinking people who are not racists, RYME.  There are lots of conservative people who are "yellow, black and white", as the song goes.  There are many conservatives who believe global warming is caused by human activity.

So what this illustrates to me is the harm that labels cause.  Few people are truly one thing or another.  We all run somewhere along several spectrums of thinking.  I am far left on some subjects and fairly conservative on others.  Call me anything but the proverbial "late for dinner"!
    Ive missed a lot of dinners in my lifetime but my beer belly would suggest otherwise  ;)
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:

Ive missed a lot of dinners in my lifetime but my beer belly would suggest otherwise  ;)
    I'm getting there myself.  :lol:

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    RYME said:
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:

Well, that's why it's a beer belly and not a dinner belly! :wink:
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Hi! said:
    "Only if he’s good enough,” Trump said. “If he’s good enough. ... And I think if he was good enough, I know the owners, I know (New England Patriots owner) Bob Kraft, I know so many of the owners. If he’s good enough, they’d sign him. So if he’s good enough – I know these people – they would sign him in a heartbeat. They will do anything they can to win games." 

That's what I love about Mr. Trump, he is so eloquent and articulate!

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I still say he is better than every backup in the league and some starters.
    (Although some teams do have good back ups)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I just went and looked...maybe not every backup, but most of them.  There are some decent veteran backups out there and some kids that might be good if given the chance.
    Still, better than lots.

The love he receives is the love that is saved