Can we be done with having threads closed?

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Solid post ryme.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2019
    RYME said:
    Its not easy being a conservative here.  I totally get it that most pj fans, the band itself, and staff are liberal minded and I'm in the minority here.
    I'm not looking to win arguments, I'm giving you my perspective, and looking for clarity, where we differ and agree.  But I get blasted personally almost every time unless it's in the lounge car.
    Like it or lump it the posts about Sarah Sanders was way over the top, Christian mockery and all.  Just say you don't like her and that's good enough.
    The Right & Left is sooo fundimentally different, its almost impossible to "coexist"
    The very premis on what people here "think I am" based on how I vote (Conservative/ Republican/Trump) (racist/sexist/phobias/Etc.) for example, I don't know how to put into words how wrong that is of me and most Trump/conservative voters.  I'm not the least bit racist,( most Republican voters are not sexist and racist Etc) or any of the phobias.
    No person,  politician or Institution is perfect.
    Conservatives vote for the person who we think will run the country closest to our ideals.  Sometimes the choice we have at the end of the primaries isn't our first choice but it's that or the other side so we choose that.
    You can have a terrible person run a country or business really well and thrive.
    You can have a really good person who runs a country or business into the ground.
    We vote for the person who we think will get  the job done closest to our ideals.
    We have no control over that person's personal life and past. We deal with our choice which is whoever makes it hrough the primaries.  It doesn't matter who we vote for they are going to have flaws we just pick the lesser of the two evils. The right and left are going to differ on that forever.
    But on this message board, I tried to be polite, (I'm not perfect either) but when I get insulted or blasted I fight back a little and then I cringe to look at the next post responding to my last post. It's a good thing you guys can't jump out of the phone and strangle me cuz some of you probably would.
    Benjs suggested to me maybe I should hang around people more in line with my thinking because people here hate racist and sexist. The person assumes that I am racist and sexist which is totally totally false assumption.
    Talking with my friends about this is like preaching to the choir, talking with you people here takes a little bit of effort, I don't mind the differences I hate the labels put on when you don't actually know where I'm coming from.  Based on where you are located your views can be different, somebody who lives in a city on the coast has different priorities than someone who lives in the Upper Midwest.  And vice versa someone who lives in New York has different issues than somebody living in Montana or Alaska.
    Try to stick to the topics and avoid smears maybe this will go better.
    We have a common appreciation in music and Pearl Jam this is ivery nteresting to say the least.  Although I different with many of you on many many issues I am not your enemy.

If you choose to actively vote, with these ideals you find to be a-ok, for someone saying climate change doesn't exist and who will lead the most powerful country in the world with the intelligence of a rock - while the world is burning up, 10.000 animal species dies every year because of humans and the clock is ticking down faster and faster. 

Then ofc you are "an enemy". 

It's not a "team right" or "team left" issue. 

It's an issue of humanity. And the survival of this planet.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    mcgruff10 said:
    The reactions occur because the initial comment is insulting and personal; I do agree that the ignore feature is the way to go.
    With you, what I presume, referring to me.

If I may, I will bring up a Case study of -- the "US Soccer team" thread.

Where a current tidbit relating to US Soccer was posted:

Prompting these kind of responses from you :

While I asked you to re-read the initial comment, pointing out I even bolded the first sentence for you to easier understand this seemed to fall completely on deaf ears with you just carrying on.

Which begs the question - are you really the one to rule on what is "insulting and personal" in posts? When you have problems with misreading posts - even refusing to re-read them for clarification when asked to? 

Now, over to:

and it always seems lately that threads are getting closed where one member continues on with discussions with a lot of nothing to contribute...and everyone here knows who it is.

Let us return to the same Case study. This was your contribution to it:

I would ask the question then - what is your big contribution in this post? You, from the look of it seems to not even have read the initial post (or if like Mcgruff - refused to re-read it after misreading), instead having your first instinct be to jump on a bandwagon (which certain members seem to do like clockwork).  Let me point out -- this coming after several posts and pages prompting to reread the initial post - which you, if you did even read it had the option to do. Instead you choose to post the above.

Also, regarding this:

mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    We do not need an ignore button...however it is useful.  If you have a forum that allows political discussion people will disagree.  My favourite forum I visit (not this one),  allows 0 political threads or political talk.  

and it always seems lately that threads are getting closed where one member continues on with discussions with a lot of nothing to contribute...and everyone here knows who it is.

People who goat people into bans...wtf is up with that.  People need to learn to just walk away from some discussions (me included).
    I don't agree that this is just one person's fault at all. The reactions are what the problem is, not initial comments. Some people here refuse to just let someone say what he wants without flipping out and getting mad and super insulting and personal, and then a ridiculous back and forth argument ensues. Sonyeaj, I think the ignore feature would be helpful for all sides (it is always the usual suspects).
    The reactions occur because the initial comment is insulting and personal; I do agree that the ignore feature is the way to go.
    I agree.

Is it not you veering into being "insulting and personal" with, and I quote, "seems more like a Swedish chap who has an inferiority complex" which - to further emphasize: doesn't seem to much of a contribution? 

A third member @mickeyrat first response was to call me a "dumbfuck" - following that person ALSO having not read, or misread the post and jumping on said bandwagon -- also refusing to take a step back and re-read the post to understand when being prompted to.

Should be noted members (referencing here again said "bandwagon") chose to defend the use of "dumbfuck"/mocked the user objecting to being called a "dumbfuck" -  even when it was apparent that insult came as a reaction from unwarranted ignorance. One of them being - ta-da - @Meltdown99 -- which makes your comments in here, more so absurd.

Thank you for reading the telling Case study of "The US Soccer" thread. Maybe things would go smoother if people chill with preconceived notions seemingly even clouding their reading ability and rushing to bandwagoning. 
    Old stuff, dude.  Mickeyrat spent time in lock up for throwing sand in the sandbox.  Could you let that go?  Believe it or not, I have read far worse things from far more people around here who kept going and going.  Mickeyrat is good people.  Made a bad decision.  Paid the price for it.  Let it go.  Forgiveness is a great thing. 

Around here, you need to use that fancy ignore button.  (Oh, I have and it is delightful.)  In the event that the mods get involved because someone is saying that someone called them a bad word, that is sad.  I believe that we are adults. 

I do not believe that this thread was started out to call people out and to set them in front of a firing squad for posting offenses.  That's kind of what PMs are for.  Feel free to hash that out amongst yourself to keep the free speech and posting privileges going, yes?  Peace, y'all.  :peace: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited July 2019
    Chaos couldn't have articulated my point any better if he tried.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    RYME said:
    No one is an enemy, we are all equal and I personally will try to understand positions such as yours better in the future instead of stereotyping. 

I can't say I can say nice things about Sarah though :wink:
    edited July 2019
    deadendp said:
    mcgruff10 said:

While I asked you to re-read the initial comment, pointing out I even bolded the first sentence for you to easier understand this seemed to fall completely on deaf ears with you just carrying on.

Which begs the question - are you really the one to rule on what is "insulting and personal" in posts? When you have problems with misreading posts - even refusing to re-read them for clarification when asked to? 

Now, over to:

I would ask the question then - what is your big contribution in this post? You, from the look of it seems to not even have read the initial post (or if like Mcgruff - refused to re-read it after misreading), instead having your first instinct be to jump on a bandwagon (which certain members seem to do like clockwork).  Let me point out -- this coming after several posts and pages prompting to reread the initial post - which you, if you did even read it had the option to do. Instead you choose to post the above.

Also, regarding this:

mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    We do not need an ignore button...however it is useful.  If you have a forum that allows political discussion people will disagree.  My favourite forum I visit (not this one),  allows 0 political threads or political talk.  

People who goat people into bans...wtf is up with that.  People need to learn to just walk away from some discussions (me included).
    I don't agree that this is just one person's fault at all. The reactions are what the problem is, not initial comments. Some people here refuse to just let someone say what he wants without flipping out and getting mad and super insulting and personal, and then a ridiculous back and forth argument ensues. Sonyeaj, I think the ignore feature would be helpful for all sides (it is always the usual suspects).
    I agree.

Is it not you veering into being "insulting and personal" with, and I quote, "seems more like a Swedish chap who has an inferiority complex" which - to further emphasize: doesn't seem to much of a contribution? 

A third member @mickeyrat first response was to call me a "dumbfuck" - following that person ALSO having not read, or misread the post and jumping on said bandwagon -- also refusing to take a step back and re-read the post to understand when being prompted to.

Should be noted members (referencing here again said "bandwagon") chose to defend the use of "dumbfuck"/mocked the user objecting to being called a "dumbfuck" -  even when it was apparent that insult came as a reaction from unwarranted ignorance. One of them being - ta-da - @Meltdown99 -- which makes your comments in here, more so absurd.

Thank you for reading the telling Case study of "The US Soccer" thread. Maybe things would go smoother if people chill with preconceived notions seemingly even clouding their reading ability and rushing to bandwagoning. 
    Old stuff, dude.  Mickeyrat spent time in lock up for throwing sand in the sandbox.  Could you let that go?  Believe it or not, I have read far worse things from far more people around here who kept going and going.  Mickeyrat is good people.  Made a bad decision.  Paid the price for it.  Let it go.  Forgiveness is a great thing. 

Around here, you need to use that fancy ignore button.  (Oh, I have and it is delightful.)  In the event that the mods get involved because someone is saying that someone called them a bad word, that is sad.  I believe that we are adults. 

I do not believe that this thread was started out to call people out and to set them in front of a firing squad for posting offenses.  That's kind of what PMs are for.  Feel free to hash that out amongst yourself to keep the free speech and posting privileges going, yes?  Peace, y'all.  :peace: 
    I did not know that. But its not about not letting go. 

the post was to show an example, in response to peoples comments in here, on how people not even taking the time to actually read a post before going on an offense and lining up for the bandwagon. That was the point meant to be illustrared. 

Regarding the ignore button. I think its a bad Feature, on any message board. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Now, over to:

Also, regarding this:

mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree.

the post was to show an example, in response to peoples comments in here, on how people not even taking the time to actually read a post before going on an offense and lining up for the bandwagon. That was the point meant to be illustrared. 

Regarding the ignore button. I think its a shitty Feature, on any message board. 
    Gotcha.  Examples.  I understand that.  That one has had time served.  Just kind of hoped that particular example could fade away.  :smile: 

I understand the issues with the ignore button, but if you (generalized you, not you personally) know that someone could potentially irritate you to an unreasonable point, I guess you (generalized you) need to know your limitations.  There are just a few here who present that way to me, irritate me to no end and make some travels around here unpleasant.  It's a personal thing and I understand not one that works for everyone.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    njnancy said:
    RYME said:
    No one is an enemy, we are all equal and I personally will try to understand positions such as yours better in the future instead of stereotyping. 

Thanks I don't expect you like Sarah.
    The caricature of her kneeling by a cross is what threw me for a loop.

deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Now, over to:

Also, regarding this:

mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree.

Regarding the ignore button. I think its a shitty Feature, on any message board. 
    Gotcha.  Examples.  I understand that.  That one has had time served.  Just kind of hoped that particular example could fade away.  :smile: 

I understand the issues with the ignore button, but if you (generalized you, not you personally) know that someone could potentially irritate you to an unreasonable point, I guess you (generalized you) need to know your limitations.  There are just a few here who present that way to me, irritate me to no end and make some travels around here unpleasant.  It's a personal thing and I understand not one that works for everyone.  
    Yes. And people use it so it has a function and is appreciated. 

I think it is a fundamentally and philosophically bad thing on a forum. So I would not use it.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I will say that many posts in this thread are blanked out due to the ignore button
    However I think that reasonable discussion is always welcome.  Reasonable being the key term 

What should be questioned are people trolling people and saying stupid stuff regularly.  Certainly people hiding behind a bevy of things and consistently flagging posts and making passive aggressive comments should be questioned.

I do believe (strongly) that opinion is not fact.  So, just because I think a statement/post is idiotic doesn't make it so.  I do not think someone has a base to stand on by flagging quotes and claiming people are ganging up on them when they say dumb stuff.  There is so much dumb stuff, imo, posted here.  Repetitive posts on the same silliness.  Repeated generalized statements about how the US is so dumb and messed up, etc....I just do not think you should make inflammatory statements and not expect honest responses.
    Because you live in a different country or speak a different language does not make these comments less inflammatory.

Overall I agree with you, Brian.  We should be able to discuss things here.  I will say that I feel there are many people here who regularly play devil's advocate in the guise of "discussion" when the true purpose is to be a Troll.  Some people have even admitted to arguing another side to further their idea of discussion.       Say what you believe!

If you say something about a person or a group of people, you should expect a response.  If your position is solid....great.  deal with it and debate.  If you position is weak...don't say you speak a different language or belong to a different party or live in a different country or whatever. Put your big boy pants on and deal with it.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    deadendp said:

I think it is a fundamentally and philosophically bad thing on a forum. So I would not use it.
    There's another forum I post on that actually does have an ignore button but i don't use it either.  On the other hand, I don't think having one is a bad idea.  I think if there are some people who would benefit from, it would be handy to have.  To me the key is to remember that it's just better to pass over stuff you don't find worth the time to argue.  Like, for an extreme example, if someone said "Neil Young is a terrible guitar player,"  I'm not going to take to to rebuttal that.  Just move one.  At least I'm trying to be that way more.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    RYME said:
    njnancy said:
    RYME said:

Thanks I don't expect you like Sarah.
    The caricature of her kneeling by a cross is what threw me for a loop.

I didn't see that. Not a thread that I frequent a lot, but sometimes. But like I said, I think that more listening and less judging is what is needed here and in our country as a whole. 

There may be some people that either side just can't bear, but I believe that we all have more in common that we have forgotten about and don't have to agree in order to be civil. That's how we are all going to heal, it's gonna take time. And no one should be scared to post because of other's opinions. 

If I ever made you feel in any way 'bad', I apologize. 

We can still debate without hate. We can be snarky without trying to hurt. We can try.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    RYME said:
    Its not easy being a conservative here.  I totally get it that most pj fans, the band itself, and staff are liberal minded and I'm in the minority here.
    I'm not looking to win arguments, I'm giving you my perspective, and looking for clarity, where we differ and agree.  But I get blasted personally almost every time unless it's in the lounge car.
    Like it or lump it the posts about Sarah Sanders was way over the top, Christian mockery and all.  Just say you don't like her and that's good enough.
    The Right & Left is sooo fundimentally different, its almost impossible to "coexist"
    The very premis on what people here "think I am" based on how I vote (Conservative/ Republican/Trump) (racist/sexist/phobias/Etc.) for example, I don't know how to put into words how wrong that is of me and most Trump/conservative voters.  I'm not the least bit racist,( most Republican voters are not sexist and racist Etc) or any of the phobias.
    Conservatives vote for the person who we think will run the country closest to our ideals.  Sometimes the choice we have at the end of the primaries isn't our first choice but it's that or the other side so we choose that.
    You can have a terrible person run a country or business really well and thrive.
    You can have a really good person who runs a country or business into the ground.
    We vote for the person who we think will get  the job done closest to our ideals.
    We have no control over that person's personal life and past. We deal with our choice which is whoever makes it hrough the primaries.  It doesn't matter who we vote for they are going to have flaws we just pick the lesser of the two evils. The right and left are going to differ on that forever.
    But on this message board, I tried to be polite, (I'm not perfect either) but when I get insulted or blasted I fight back a little and then I cringe to look at the next post responding to my last post. It's a good thing you guys can't jump out of the phone and strangle me cuz some of you probably would.
    Benjs suggested to me maybe I should hang around people more in line with my thinking because people here hate racist and sexist. The person assumes that I am racist and sexist which is totally totally false assumption.
    Talking with my friends about this is like preaching to the choir, talking with you people here takes a little bit of effort, I don't mind the differences I hate the labels put on when you don't actually know where I'm coming from.  Based on where you are located your views can be different, somebody who lives in a city on the coast has different priorities than someone who lives in the Upper Midwest.  And vice versa someone who lives in New York has different issues than somebody living in Montana or Alaska.
    We have a common appreciation in music and Pearl Jam this is ivery nteresting to say the least. The assumption that a person is racist and sexist based on their vote is asinine.  We are concerned with the direction of the country more than anything else.
     Although I different with many of you on many many issues I am not your enemy.

You voted for a pathological liar a sexual predator a cheat what else can you say about this disgusting human ! Own your vote I’m sorry but I can’t sympathize with you at all ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    RYME said:
    We have a common appreciation in music and Pearl Jam this is ivery nteresting to say the least. The assumption that a person is racist and sexist based on their vote is asinine.  We are concerned with the direction of the country more than anything else.

Bryanlux continues to come up with the best threads.  Kudos Bryanlux!
    edited July 2019
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Bryanlux continues to come up with the best threads.  Kudos Bryanlux!
    Well, thank you RYME, but really kudos should go to the mods for letting us do this and for everyone here trying to have a reasonable discussion, even if we disagree. 

RYME, you and I are a prime example (and RYME and prime rhyme, RYME, LOL!)  In some ways, you and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum.  But I still like you a lot and I think we would get along great in person.  We sure as heck would listen to some Waylon and whatever else we both like! 

So sometimes, when we back away from the spectrum a bit and see where we do agree, we realize we have made a circle and have come to meet in the places that are good. If we could do that more often, maybe a good deal of the trouble in this world could be dealt with and we would all be happier.  I will say with 100% honesty, there is not one person here I feel hateful toward, there is something about everyone here I like, and even if we have or haven't met, I will say honestly I love you good people.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Oh hell yeah Brianlux, we'd get along in person just fine.   I think it would be a blast to hang out prior to a concert or something.
    Drink some beer and play some tunes. There is a wide range of really amazing music and topics that I bet we totally agree on.   

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    For the longest time, I didn't post in this forum. Even though I definitely read through it and had my own opinions. When I first introduced myself on the AMT, I was immediately attacked by someone that can no longer post here....I simply said hello and introduced myself and was blasted.

It took me a little while to adjust this this section of the board, and I still don't post as often as I thought I would, but I have eased into it a bit.

That being said, first impressions be damned. There really are a ton of great people here (and in the other PJ sub-forums, of course) and I do not agree with all of you, but I think that everyone has a right to speak their mind. When doing that, there is a chance that your words will ruffle feathers and piss people off. 

I'd like to consider myself to be open minded. I choose my words carefully....not just here, but in face to face interactions as well. There are a lot of people that I truly love that have different opinions and the goal is to actually have a conversation to better understand the other person's point of view. It's not always easy....but it can be done.

In any case, I'm just happy to be alive and I will always speak my mind. I will do my best to be respectful, and sometimes it doesn't always work out the way I want it to. 

Cheers, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    RYME said:
    Oh hell yeah Brianlux, we'd get along in person just fine.   I think it would be a blast to hang out prior to a concert or something.
    Drink some beer and play some tunes. There is a wide range of really amazing music and topics that I bet we totally agree on.   

that would be very fine, RYME!

mfc2006 said:
    For the longest time, I didn't post in this forum. Even though I definitely read through it and had my own opinions. When I first introduced myself on the AMT, I was immediately attacked by someone that can no longer post here....I simply said hello and introduced myself and was blasted.

It took me a little while to adjust this this section of the board, and I still don't post as often as I thought I would, but I have eased into it a bit.

That being said, first impressions be damned. There really are a ton of great people here (and in the other PJ sub-forums, of course) and I do not agree with all of you, but I think that everyone has a right to speak their mind. When doing that, there is a chance that your words will ruffle feathers and piss people off. 

I'd like to consider myself to be open minded. I choose my words carefully....not just here, but in face to face interactions as well. There are a lot of people that I truly love that have different opinions and the goal is to actually have a conversation to better understand the other person's point of view. It's not always easy....but it can be done.

In any case, I'm just happy to be alive and I will always speak my mind. I will do my best to be respectful, and sometimes it doesn't always work out the way I want it to. 

Cheers, all.
    Always a pleasure to see you here, M.  Cheers!

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:

that would be very fine, RYME!

mfc2006 said:

Cheers, all.
    Always a pleasure to see you here, M.  Cheers!
    Cheers, Brian!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Now, over to:

Also, regarding this:

mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree.

i thought they disabled that function. i didn't know it was back. i have only used it one member. but i may use it again. 

making a list.....checking it twice.........
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    RYME said:
    We have a common appreciation in music and Pearl Jam this is ivery nteresting to say the least.  Although I different with many of you on many many issues I am not your enemy.

If you choose to actively vote, with these ideals you find to be a-ok, for someone saying climate change doesn't exist and who will lead the most powerful country in the world with the intelligence of a rock - while the world is burning up, 10.000 animal species dies every year because of humans and the clock is ticking down faster and faster. 

Man you remind me of my daughter. Lashing out, always saying the meanest thing from time to time when she is upset or tired. Good thing she’s not an adult yet and she is still learning.

People here are certainly not the enemy. That’s just stupid. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    RYME said:

You voted for a pathological liar a sexual predator a cheat what else can you say about this disgusting human ! Own your vote I’m sorry but I can’t sympathize with you at all ! 
    This is what is ruining this forum, however it is never why threads get locked. People are allowed to say mean nasty stuff to certain posters and on certain topics and it’s ok. But when they get their feeling hurt than threads get locked. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    RYME said:

This is what is ruining this forum, however it is never why threads get locked. People are allowed to say mean nasty stuff to certain posters and on certain topics and it’s ok. But when they get their feeling hurt than threads get locked. 
    I get why postman A can't stand the current POTUS and feels pissed that postman B would vote for him but if someone on this board votes for someone some of us can't stand, that doesn't mean that voter, postman B, is evil.  I don't really understand why  people who I otherwise like and or respect who voted for the POTUS, but they did and people like Postman B or my extended family member who voted for Trump have some really good qualities and that's what I focus on. I'm still with postman A, I just want A to help me convince others in a way that might work.

And the thing is, if we  get pissed at someone for their philosophical or social outlook and insult them,we're sure as hell not going to sway them to our way of thinking.  It just becomes a pissing match, or worse. I know, I've engaged in that waste of time myself.   If I'm pissed about a person or subject that someone here supports, I'm trying to focus my anger more on the subject, not someone on this board that I interact with.  I can't convince people to use less plastic if I say, "You  use plastic, so you're a dickwad."  That won't change their mind.

RYME said:

Man you remind me of my daughter. Lashing out, always saying the meanest thing from time to time when she is upset or tired. Good thing she’s not an adult yet and she is still learning.

In What way was I lashing out? In What way does my argument falter?

i’d say my post is very calm and Easy to follow. 

edited July 2019
    RYME said:

Yes.

Everyone had the right to their opinions and political views. That does not mean they are to sympathised with. Or that they are not shitty. 

You vote for a climate change denier and a uniqly disgusting person like Trump by free will — you are choosing to make shitty decisions. Why would that be respected?

”But my ideals just happen to make me sympathise so much more with people who deny climate change, who has 20+ people accusing them of sexual assault, who are blatant racists and will lead the free world while not being able to count to 10”

Well. Then there is something twisted about your ideals. And the american people, children at the border, the rest of the world and animals suffer for it.
    RYME said:

All your posts. All of them 
    hippiemom = goodness
    Can't we disagree without being insulting? 

No one expects us to sympathize with someone someone on a subject we strongly disagree with.

No one expects us to respect something we disagree with.  But there's a difference between showing disrespect for an opinion or an action and being disrespectful of a board member here.  I guess, as Hedo hinted, I don't need to tell anyone this.  You already know it.  I just don't get why it keeps happening.  And besides, we're told not to do certain behaviors or we will get banned.  Breaking the rules doesn't make sense unless someone doesn't mind being band.  Which begs the question:  If that's how one is going to behave, knowing you will get banned, why bother to be here in the first place?

So  I say, let's take the higher road.  Argue intelligently, not insultingly.  Or just freaking ignore someone you think is full of crap.  Don't tell them they are.  If they are full of crap in your mind, you're wasting your time breaking the rules trying to convince them of that.  It's just that simple.

edited July 2019
    RYME said:

All your posts. All of them 
    Well, you were quoting and commenting on a specific one. And that's the one I asked about. 

Also, no need to start speaking like the Emperor. No one on here needs summer of 1999 The Phantom Menace flashbacks. Not cool.
    edited July 2019
    RYME said:

Highclass Trailer Park B)
    https://youtu.be/McZwxNQUjaM
    And to that other guy, I'm not looking for sympathy by any stretch.  I'm just telling you how it is and why it's almost silly for me to post here at all.   Guys like Brian, & lastexitlondon make it worth my while.
    Chill out and enjoy the high class trailer park that I belong to. ;)
    Post edited by RYME on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    Always remember  before you be rude. Another person maybe in some kind of situation. Or a different language  is first  tongue. 
    And if you get a buzz from hurting others  you dont belong here. Ive had people push my buttons  when simply  i may not understand  the subject or culture. 
    In real life i will not be pushed by any human. But on internet i find i MUST  allow people to hide behind  a screen
     These people in real.life conversations  would not dream to say these  things 

It all comes down to the bravery people suddenly get being on a keyboard amd having zero connection in person. 
    I can react. I also can love everyone. I choose  love because i know  pain. 
    If you put pain on me thats a reflection of your SELF. We all should look at our SELF..
    I now look around and see so many people in actual life struggle.  With health. Money and now this self made amazing tool to hurt  people...
    .the fuckin internet.
    Ive only had to defend a handful of times and still will. But mostly do not enter a thread or convo  just to corrupt. 2 users on here  do it to me a lot. If they catch me off guard. I unload. If not i laugh and move on. 

Life is hard lets not make our love of music hard. All my love always rob
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -