what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The fucked up mentality of some.  Human nature?  Dunno...but sometimes it blows.
    https://youtu.be/C6KGJuOqjfg
    Since I became ill, music hasn't felt the same for me.  It's almost a bigger sense of loss than saying goodbye to alcohol.  So, I've turned back to music at least during my daily prescribed walk around the block (to all you workout buffs - roll your eyes at me and I'll cut ya!).

I started off with Missio (I'm an alcoholic, middle fingers in the air), then Fixing a Hole which was perfection (I'm taking the time for a number of things that weren't important yesterday), and finished off with Comfortably Numb.

These baby steps suck.  Gotta do it and everyone says it'll hurt before it starts to gets better so I am, with resoluteness.

Seventh day and waiting!
    =)
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    hedonist said:
    Since I became ill, music hasn't felt the same for me.  It's almost a bigger sense of loss than saying goodbye to alcohol.  So, I've turned back to music at least during my daily prescribed walk around the block (to all you workout buffs - roll your eyes at me and I'll cut ya!).

I started off with Missio (I'm an alcoholic, middle fingers in the air), then Fixing a Hole which was perfection (I'm taking the time for a number of things that weren't important yesterday), and finished off with Comfortably Numb.

These baby steps suck.  Gotta do it and everyone says it'll hurt before it starts to gets better so I am, with resoluteness.

Seventh day and waiting!
    =)
    I feel you  on music. 
    Ive been  so unwell and im ashamed to say ive been feeling close to ending it all.  I know there are so much many worse off and all that  stuff.
    But i envy your strength and power.
    Your comment on music not being the same i totally get you. I went to metallica with my brother  who is a functioning  alc. And im a mess. 
    I felt nothing. Not a thing.  It should have been a good feeling. But  no matter  what i do i feel so close to just walking in front of a train.  Ive become  a stranger to myself
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Music used to heal and atm. Its numb or tears
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    hedonist said:

Seventh day and waiting!
    =)
    I feel you  on music. 
    Ive been  so unwell and im ashamed to say ive been feeling close to ending it all.  I know there are so much many worse off and all that  stuff.
    But i envy your strength and power.
    Your comment on music not being the same i totally get you. I went to metallica with my brother  who is a functioning  alc. And im a mess. 
    I felt nothing. Not a thing.  It should have been a good feeling. But  no matter  what i do i feel so close to just walking in front of a train.  Ive become  a stranger to myself
    Don't be ashamed for how you feel - let it propel you toward something positive for YOURSELF.  No matter how seemingly trivial. It takes time, a long time; hell, I'm trying every day and it's so damn difficult.  Reach out for help, professional help, if you need to.  Let it out here too, but know you likely need more than that to steer clear of the fucking trains.

I wish you well.

I wish you well and i hope you reach peace
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I hope Chadwick is doing ok. 
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:
    I hope Chadwick is doing ok. 
    Amen, sister.
    It was a fucking great day!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    I love reading posts like this :)
    hedonist said:
    23scidoo said:
    I love reading posts like this :)
    And for me, to say that, it's a big thing Hedo!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Memories..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

The only good thing about the banks, is the air-conditioning..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Today, July 9, is my late sister's birthday. I quit smoking on her birthday so I'd have something to bring joy to a day I know would make me sad and I want my big sis to be proud of me. 

I'm 2 years cigarette free. I never thought I'd quit, I've been smoking since my teens. But my doc told me to use the vapes and after doing both for awhile - I just didn't buy cigarettes one day and was done with them on her birthday. And I've had my first lung scan. Go every 6 months for now. Consequences. Prevention. But I don't smoke anymore so that is something. 

My sis is gone 6 years. - she went to the hospital on her birthday in 2013 and was gone by September. I miss her so much. Love you Patty, hope you are proud of me. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    njnancy said:
    Today, July 9, is my late sister's birthday. I quit smoking on her birthday so I'd have something to bring joy to a day I know would make me sad and I want my big sis to be proud of me. 

I'm 2 years cigarette free. I never thought I'd quit, I've been smoking since my teens. But my doc told me to use the vapes and after doing both for awhile - I just didn't buy cigarettes one day and was done with them on her birthday. And I've had my first lung scan. Go every 6 months for now. Consequences. Prevention. But I don't smoke anymore so that is something. 

My sis is gone 6 years. - she went to the hospital on her birthday in 2013 and was gone by September. I miss her so much. Love you Patty, hope you are proud of me. 
    Congrats on two years cigarette-free.  I think your sister would be very proud of you.  Picking this day honours you both.  May her memory bring you comfort.

I’m nine days in, again.  (. . . And again . . . And again. I’ll keep quitting, till I quit!)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy said:

Congrats on two years cigarette-free.  I think your sister would be very proud of you.  Picking this day honours you both.  May her memory bring you comfort.

I’m nine days in, again.  (. . . And again . . . And again. I’ll keep quitting, till I quit!)
    Thank you, that is very kind. 

Nine days is excellent! I know how hard it is, I tried everything for decades. Using the vape is still giving me some nicotine, but I'm not setting a cigarette (which contains a load of bad stuff) on fire, which is what ignites the carcinogens. I went for a year and a half doing both and it was the first thing that finally worked. I had almost given up, which scared me. I'll be scared for the rest of my life every time I go for a lung scan, but at least I'm reducing my risk of heart and other cancers. 

I am almost 23 years sober and that was damn difficult, but quitting smoking was the  hardest thing I've ever done - so I understand your struggle. You're trying and you will do it - I believe in you. If I could do it, you can do it. Keep the faith!! 
    njnancy said:

Pretty sure she is so pround for you Nancy..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

The wheel has turn..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I listened to The White Album during my morning walk.  This came on and really hit home.

Good job, Fats!  I'll have to check out the covers album.

https://youtu.be/TNeSJVUxOkc

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    hedonist said:
    I listened to The White Album during my morning walk.  This came on and really hit home.

The whole album? That's a long walk.

Image result for good for you jack gif
    Hobbes said:
    hedonist said:

The whole album? That's a long walk.

Image result for good for you jack gif
    Not the whole album; I'm a skipper, Professor!

(and I love that scene)

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Life is a bitch..a big one..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Danish PM Mette Frederiksen is hot.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    It's weird being back here...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Mamasan23 said:
    It's weird being back here...

You said it.
    GoiMTvP.gif