THE NEW ALBUM? PLEASE DONT PUT CANT DENY ME ON IT

Comments

• When they said ”forthcoming album” they must have expected it to be done and released much sooner
    I seem to recall the same instance with "Ole" as well.  That was intended to be from the "forthcoming album" at the time as well.  In the end, I imagine the band will take a look at what songs they have in the bank to fill their formula for a solid album, including theme and flow, and make a decision to include it or not. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    DH23119 said:
    When they said ”forthcoming album” they must have expected it to be done and released much sooner
    I seem to recall the same instance with "Ole" as well.  That was intended to be from the "forthcoming album" at the time as well.  In the end, I imagine the band will take a look at what songs they have in the bank to fill their formula for a solid album, including theme and flow, and make a decision to include it or not. 
    I don't remember them saying Ole was from an upcoming album. We all probably thought it would be.
    I miss igotid88
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I don't remember it either. 

It was one of their special things released in their PJ20 "christmas calendar" countdown thing. 

I don't remember any talk of it being on an album.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    PLEASE DONT TELL THE BAND WHAT TO DO.  HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF SOMEONE CAME INTO YOUR WORK PLACE AND YELLED AT THE TOP OF THEIR FUCKING LUNGS ABOUT THE QUALITY AND TIMELINESS OF YOUR INFREQUENT OUTPUT?  

YOU WOULDNT.  SO DONT.

BY THE WAY THEYRE CALLED APOSTROPHES.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    edited June 2019
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    ikiT said:
    PLEASE DONT TELL THE BAND WHAT TO DO.  HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF SOMEONE CAME INTO YOUR WORK PLACE AND YELLED AT THE TOP OF THEIR FUCKING LUNGS ABOUT THE QUALITY AND TIMELINESS OF YOUR INFREQUENT OUTPUT?  

YOU WOULDNT.  SO DONT.

BY THE WAY THEYRE CALLED APOSTROPHES.  

Uh Socrates, huh?

Technically you are correct but cant me not be denied being treated like the paying customers or board of directors or something like that?

They have every right to never play another show nor release another album ever again.

That March 2018 press release however does warrant fan reaction until someone from the band apologises for that blunder.

Until then let's assume the  new album will be titled "Forthcoming"

;-)
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited June 2019
    Any song is better than the abortion of a song that Mankind is. I really enjoyed Can’t Deny Me at the 8-10-18 home show. But then again that whole show was a mind blower. And just to repeat myself. Mankind is absolutely horrible. Thank you
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Any song is better than the abortion of a song that Mankind is. I really enjoyed Can’t Deny Me at the 8-10-18 home show. But then again that whole show was a mind blower. And just to repeat myself. Mankind is absolutely horrible. Thank you
    Hey, how do you feel about the song Mankind?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Kearn5y said:
    Remove it from all the boots too. Its a train wreck.
    I actually don't think it's all that bad live. It's not the greatest song, but the studio recording makes it sound even worse. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    It’s atrocious in the studio but I found it surprisingly enjoyable live.
    KN219077 said:
    It’s atrocious in the studio but I found it surprisingly enjoyable live.
    Atrocious is to strong of a word. But yes, live it's a lot of fun. Might be because it was new. But fun. Seems like a hard song for Eddie to do though.

https://youtu.be/SnDQcLjb0I4

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I saw them in Madrid and I really enjoyed seeing it at that show. In fact, it was the first time I saw them since the Lightning Bolt, so I even dug Sirens.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    I saw them in Madrid and I really enjoyed seeing it at that show. In fact, it was the first time I saw them since the Lightning Bolt, so I even dug Sirens.
    Only time played on the European tour. So fucking weird.
    Really? I would have assumed it was played every night on the tour. I guess they played all their most well known stuff at Mad Cool, for the casuals.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    Really? I would have assumed it was played every night on the tour. I guess they played all their most well known stuff at Mad Cool, for the casuals.
    Only played it three times I think in 2018. twice in South America, and once in Europe.
    Wow. I genuinely was expecting to hear it, and thought they were doing it every single show because it was their most recent release. That's hilarious.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    STBC is an incredible track. Just wanted to add that

CDM will surely be on the next record
    I still don't know what people are hearing when they listen to CDM to have such much hatred towards it? 
    I miss igotid88
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    igotid88 said:
    I still don't know what people are hearing when they listen to CDM to have such much hatred towards it? 
    Probably the cowbell.  It’s the only time in history people have had a disease and the only prescription is LESS cowbell.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    igotid88 said:
    It's just a really bad song imo.  Not my cup my tea. (the cowbell is terrible)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    igotid88 said:
    For a Pearl Jam song or in general?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    igotid88 said:
    For a Pearl Jam song or in general?
    I don’t like cowbell in any song.  Are there any good songs with a cowbell?
  • BE9456BE9456 Posts: 145
    unknown said:
    worst track of their career ???  can't think of any that are worse
    Sirens.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    BE9456 said:
    unknown said:
    Sirens.
    Agreed.  

Sirens makes me feel like...

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

BE9456 said:
    unknown said:
    Sirens.
    Now you guys just wanna hate to hate
    I miss igotid88
    BE9456 said:
    unknown said:
    Sirens.
    There is nothing worse than you are.  However i d quit the ten club If the first encore of a pj show was can’t deny me, you are, parachutes and in the moonlight. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    BE9456 said:
    unknown said:
    Sirens.
    There is nothing worse than you are.  However i d quit the ten club If the first encore of a pj show was can’t deny me, you are, parachutes and in the moonlight. 
    You Are is great
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    BE9456 said:
    unknown said:
    Sirens.
    You Are is great
    Said no one ever.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    BE9456 said:
    unknown said:
    Sirens.
    You Are is great
    Said no one ever.  
    I just did
    I miss igotid88
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    BE9456 said:
    unknown said:
    Sirens.
    You Are is great
    Said no one ever.  
    I just did
    I second that, great song! :tongue: