THE NEW ALBUM? PLEASE DONT PUT CANT DENY ME ON IT

124»

Comments

  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 21,312
    edited June 2019
    Yeah its great. 

    That's three strikes and @mcgruff10 is out.



    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 13,916
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    BE9456 said:
    unknown said:
    worst track of their career ???  can't think of any that are worse
    Sirens.
    There is nothing worse than you are.  However i d quit the ten club If the first encore of a pj show was can’t deny me, you are, parachutes and in the moonlight. 
    You Are is great
    Said no one ever.  
    I just did
    I've always loved it. It's different. The guitar part that Matt plays is cool. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2

    Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Posts: 2,084
    Compromise: Have it as a hidden track at the end so I don’t have to skip it. 😎
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 4,411
    Funny how different we all are. I love You Are, In The Moonlight and Can’t Deny Me. 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UKPosts: 13,733
    Absolutely nothing wrong with Sirens. Tremendous played live with the extended outro
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 23,677
    pdalowsky said:
    Absolutely nothing wrong with Sirens. Tremendous played live with the extended outro
    I ve learned to like sirens because my wife absolutely loves it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 15,797
    pdalowsky said:
    Absolutely nothing wrong with Sirens. Tremendous played live with the extended outro
    On the list of things that never need to happen, turning Sirens into an even longer song is toward the very top.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 6,925
    Sirens has some of the best Eddie lyrics ever.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 48,079

    New album with Can't Deny Me is better than no new album at all.
    Putting it on the new record would be only laziness at this point.. Honestly, if you don't have nothing better to fill in the blank space, it's not a good sign. I don't think we need another average album.
    I agree with this, plus putting a two year old, already released song on a brand new album is just plain weird.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 15,797
    Sirens has some of the best Eddie lyrics ever.
    I personally wouldn't say some of the best ever but, aside from 1 or 2 lines, the lyrics certainly aren't bad.  But the song still sucks.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 3,620
    I like Can't Deny Me.  I don't love it.  But it was funky the first time I heard it, and it was different.  Also, hearing it live was cool.  I like when they do some different things.   
    That said...this doesn't seem like a first single to me.  Its more of a B-side.   Its topical, which is good.  But like Bushleaguer...Can't Deny Me probably will have a shelf life.   Thinking of songs like "Won't Get Fooled Again" those are political, but vague, so their meaning can apply to a lot of situations.  Bushleaguer and Can't Deny Me....it's very clear whom those songs are for.  If this album gets released in the next year, Can't Deny Me could/should be on it.....but if the next album is after the election...I don't see the point of putting it on there. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 19,428
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I like Can't Deny Me.  I don't love it.  But it was funky the first time I heard it, and it was different.  Also, hearing it live was cool.  I like when they do some different things.   
    That said...this doesn't seem like a first single to me.  Its more of a B-side.   Its topical, which is good.  But like Bushleaguer...Can't Deny Me probably will have a shelf life.   Thinking of songs like "Won't Get Fooled Again" those are political, but vague, so their meaning can apply to a lot of situations.  Bushleaguer and Can't Deny Me....it's very clear whom those songs are for.  If this album gets released in the next year, Can't Deny Me could/should be on it.....but if the next album is after the election...I don't see the point of putting it on there. 
    He said "Can't Deny Me" wasn't about him. Also it can be about anyone. That song doesn't describe one person
    I miss igotid88
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 3,620
    igotid88 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I like Can't Deny Me.  I don't love it.  But it was funky the first time I heard it, and it was different.  Also, hearing it live was cool.  I like when they do some different things.   
    That said...this doesn't seem like a first single to me.  Its more of a B-side.   Its topical, which is good.  But like Bushleaguer...Can't Deny Me probably will have a shelf life.   Thinking of songs like "Won't Get Fooled Again" those are political, but vague, so their meaning can apply to a lot of situations.  Bushleaguer and Can't Deny Me....it's very clear whom those songs are for.  If this album gets released in the next year, Can't Deny Me could/should be on it.....but if the next album is after the election...I don't see the point of putting it on there. 
    He said "Can't Deny Me" wasn't about him. Also it can be about anyone. That song doesn't describe one person
    I thought when he said that he was being sarcastic. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 19,428

    I miss igotid88
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 21,312
    igotid88 said:

    Should have made a real/better video for it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USAPosts: 3,382
    the song isn't all that bad.  but how long has it been since they released it?
  • ikiTikiT USAPosts: 9,254
    14 months
    10 years in the 10club... 2010-2020 
  • ikiTikiT USAPosts: 9,254
    I sang Sirens in the ear of some doucher who crowded the fuck outta me in GA in Hampton VA.  You know who you are, stupid.
    10 years in the 10club... 2010-2020 
  • ikiTikiT USAPosts: 9,254
    Put Olé on the new album, too.  That shit rocks.
    10 years in the 10club... 2010-2020 
  • ikiT said:
    Put Olé on the new album, too.  That shit rocks.
    Hell to the yes. Actually, go ahead and throw Of the Earth, Olé and Can't Deny Men on Lost Dogs 2, so I can have them all in one spot.

    And ALL the XMas singles.
  • pdalowsky said:
    Absolutely nothing wrong with Sirens. Tremendous played live with the extended outro
    On the list of things that never need to happen, turning Sirens into an even longer song is toward the very top.
    This made me laugh 😀
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • PJNB said:
    CDM better than Black Circle? You crazy! 
    Seriously? Wow!
    Spin is a fn’ experience live! CDM blows balls!
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 48,079
    The vocals are very problematic with this song - that is the main problem I have with it (though i don't really care for anything else about it either). I was actually surprised it made the cut at all because of how rough the vocals are. Not punk rough. Just rough rough.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • D-RodD-Rod Posts: 953
    edited July 2019
    Let’s be honest,  if the forth coming album was announced today with CDM nobody would complain.  
    Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016......Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2020.....Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec City, Hamilton 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 48,079
    D-Rod said:
    Let’s me honest,  if the forth coming album was announced today with CDM nobody would complain.  

    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Sign In or Register to comment.