NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Another one I'll be checking out!

(and I hope Netflix will lower their fees once Disney enters the ring)
    I pay $12.99 a month for Netflix.  My salad for lunch at work today was $9.80.  A movie ticket is about $12.  How much cheaper do you want Netflix???? 
    Just a bit cheaper?  I know it's my choice to pay for it and I do - happily so - but I wouldn't mind saving a bit on that form of entertainment.  Shit adds up!

I also meant that Disney is going to pull its material, opening the door to (hopefully) more competitive rates.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2019
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I pay $12.99 a month for Netflix.  My salad for lunch at work today was $9.80.  A movie ticket is about $12.  How much cheaper do you want Netflix???? 
    I have to agree, I think Netflix is really cheap for what it is - I wouldn't really care if they raised the cost again. I want Netflix to be able to afford the high quality they are capable of. But the thought of Disney's acquisition making it cheaper... Hmm. I mean, I'd be shocked if they actually reduced the fees - that really never happens. But will Disney keep them from rising over time? I'm not sure.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I have to agree, I think Netflix is really cheap for what it is - I wouldn't really care if they raised the cost again. I want Netflix to be able to afford the high quality they are capable of. But the thought of Disney's acquisition making it cheaper... Hmm. I mean, I'd be shocked if they actually reduced the fees - that really never happens. But will Disney keep them from rising over time? I'm not sure.
    Zero chance Netflix lowers their prices.  Netflix is the best $15 I spend every month.  My wife and I watch it constantly and all the kids stuff on there is great for our little guy.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I think the idea of Disney starting and taking back a bunch of content is interesting. 
    I pay for Prime, Netflix, and Hulu.  Can I really pay for Disney, as well?

Prime I happily paid for long before they offered programming.
    Netflix I held off from and then was a guest account on my friend's service for years...until he cancelled and I signed up, added him as a friend.
    Hulu, I joined specifically for the Stephen King JFK show and stayed.  I use it for some specific items and if I was going to cut one, this would be it.
    I guess Disney could replace Hulu....except for the fact that I generally cannot stand Disney as a company.
    Fuck them. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    There is no way in hell I'll be subscribing to Disney. I did just cave and subscribed to Crave + HBO, and that is really expensive. So now I have Prime (as with you, I only had that for the free shipping anyway - Prime is a huge bonus), Netflix, Crave + HBO, and Shudder (which I'll probably cancel). That's enough. Plus basic cable, which is ridiculous NOT basic anymore. I can't believe the cheapest cable package I can get is $40/month. Why can't they just let me pick 10 basic channels?? Right now "basic" cable includes like 40 fucking channels - it's ridiculous.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I think the idea of Disney starting and taking back a bunch of content is interesting. 

Netflix I held off from and then was a guest account on my friend's service for years...until he cancelled and I signed up, added him as a friend.
    Hulu, I joined specifically for the Stephen King JFK show and stayed.  I use it for some specific items and if I was going to cut one, this would be it.
    I guess Disney could replace Hulu....except for the fact that I generally cannot stand Disney as a company.
    Fuck them. 

How as the JFK show? I was going to read the book back the day but forgot about it...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    PJ_Soul said:
    There is no way in hell I'll be subscribing to Disney. I did just cave and subscribed to Crave + HBO, and that is really expensive. So now I have Prime (as with you, I only had that for the free shipping anyway - Prime is a huge bonus), Netflix, Crave + HBO, and Shudder (which I'll probably cancel). That's enough. Plus basic cable, which is ridiculous NOT basic anymore. I can't believe the cheapest cable package I can get is $40/month. Why can't they just let me pick 10 basic channels?? Right now "basic" cable includes like 40 fucking channels - it's ridiculous.
    Watch The Sopranos, god damnit. You have no excuse now!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lol. One of these days I probably will. I also haven't watched Game of Thrones. The reason I folded and finally coughed up the dough for HBO was because of Chernobyl. Worth every penny - it's so good!!!!
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lol. One of these days I probably will. I also haven't watched Game of Thrones. The reason I folded and finally coughed up the dough for HBO was because of Chernobyl. Worth every penny - it's so good!!!!
    I just finished episode 4. It really is done well.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Fuck them. 

How as the JFK show? I was going to read the book back the day but forgot about it...
    It was OK.  The book was great, I thought his best work in years - by a mile.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Fuck them. 

Yeah, the book is fantastic! I've read it twice. I tried watching the show. I think I got a couple episodes in. I really like James Franco a lot, but I was just too disappointed by how much they'd obviously cut out of the storyline, even after only two episodes, so I gave up on it. Maybe I'll try again sometime, I dunno.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    PJ_Soul said:

Fuck them. 

Yeah, the book is fantastic! I've read it twice. I tried watching the show. I think I got a couple episodes in. I really like James Franco a lot, but I was just too disappointed by how much they'd obviously cut out of the storyline, even after only two episodes, so I gave up on it. Maybe I'll try again sometime, I dunno.
    I love the book. The show wasn't as good, but I enjoyed it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    i heard very good things about this

https://youtu.be/q57D6kF5B1k
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Saw the first episode of 5th Black Mirror last night..nothing prototype imo..
    6/10
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Second season of this its on..this is great mustery stuff..

https://youtu.be/j3ZdbwbtCg8
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    The Bob Dylan film was great. I love the look of the filmed stuff from the 70s too. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Watching SNOWMAN. What the hell is this 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Dark Season 2 out now!
    Barry is so damn pleasent (HBO)
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Speaking of Barry, anyone watch Documentary Now! on Netflix? I just got into it and I love it. Started with the most recent one first (with Bobby Monahan, Tim Robinson, and Michael C. Hall as professional bowlers). It was hilarious. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Speaking of Barry, anyone watch Documentary Now! on Netflix? I just got into it and I love it. Started with the most recent one first (with Bobby Monahan, Tim Robinson, and Michael C. Hall as professional bowlers). It was hilarious. 
    Is it the fake-docu thing by Seth Myers?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited June 2019
    It seems like a pretty collaborative thing between a lot of that his era's SNL guys. Seth is co-creator with Bill Hader and Fred Armisen. Haven't seen him in an episode yet...but Hader and Amisen are awesome in the few I've watched. Mya Rudolph, John Mulaney, and Will Forte have been in episodes too. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yes, just like the the Dylan fake-docu thing by Scorcese.
    Season 2, Episode 5 of BARRY is one of the best TV-episodes I have ever seen. My fucking god. Haha!
    Season 2, Episode 5 of BARRY is one of the best TV-episodes I have ever seen. My fucking god. Haha!
    Isn't this show on Amazon Prime?
    PJ_Soul said:
    HBO. It was shown after Game of Thrones in the states I think..?
    edited June 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh yeah, right. On CraveTV+HBO for me, which I finally subscribed to last month, and don't regret it for a second. I'll have to check it out. I do like Bill Hader.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh yeah, right. On CraveTV+HBO for me, which I finally subscribed to last month, and don't regret it for a second. I'll have to check it out. I do like Bill Hader.
    I adore Bill Hader. 

Not to spoil anything but the tone off the show is a bit off for me. And it gets really hard to sympathise with Haders characters a couple If episodes in. 

But still - season 2, episode 5 (!!)
    Barry is one of the best shows on tv right now and hardly anyone knows about it.

Is it also on Netflix though?
    chinese-happy.jpg