Options

NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    looks like i know what i'm watching tonight
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    How is cobra kai? Might start watching tonight

I enjoyed Cobra Kai a lot  (except for the last episode of season 2 was kinda disappointing. I put in the Karate Kid thread awhile back before it was on Netflix. Hearing season 3 should be out early next year

I disagree, the last one was amazing... I enjoyed every episode of the first two series and love all the references to the original films. The 80's fantasy scene with Johny's neighbour was hilarious. I really like the 80's disco too. I cant wait for the next series, bringing back the 1980's and Daniel Larousso.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

watched it. wow. what a fucking loon. in the beginning i believed him and sympathized. they did a really good job of that. i don't recall hearing about this on the news. crazy. although, my wedding was about 25 days later, so i was pretty preoccupied i suppose. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    CROJAM95 said:

I enjoyed Cobra Kai a lot  (except for the last episode of season 2 was kinda disappointing. I put in the Karate Kid thread awhile back before it was on Netflix. Hearing season 3 should be out early next year

I disagree, the last one was amazing... I enjoyed every episode of the first two series and love all the references to the original films. The 80's fantasy scene with Johny's neighbour was hilarious. I really like the 80's disco too. I cant wait for the next series, bringing back the 1980's and Daniel Larousso.
    meh wasn't a huge fan of the fight scene in the school. Just seemed a little too cliche and non-climatic (i think that' the word i am looking for)
    PJ_Soul said:
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

watched it. wow. what a fucking loon. in the beginning i believed him and sympathized. they did a really good job of that. i don't recall hearing about this on the news. crazy. although, my wedding was about 25 days later, so i was pretty preoccupied i suppose. 
    Watched it last night. That was pretty fucking insane! Like they said at the end the main reason no one really remembered it was cause Ronald Reagan died the next day and so that pretty much took all the media off this event.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

meh wasn't a huge fan of the fight scene in the school. Just seemed a little too cliche and non-climatic (i think that' the word i am looking for)
    PJ_Soul said:
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

Watched it last night. That was pretty fucking insane! Like they said at the end the main reason no one really remembered it was cause Ronald Reagan died the next day and so that pretty much took all the media off this event.

yeah, but it was after a full 24 hours news cycle about it. i thought i would have heard about it,at least briefly, but you're right, if it didn't hit national/international news, it would have definitely been overshadowed by reagan's death. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Cobra Kai was some nostalgic fun
    I finally watched the first episode last night. I've had friends telling me to watch it from the moment it was released. I enjoyed it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Cobra Kai was some nostalgic fun
    I finally watched the first episode last night. I've had friends telling me to watch it from the moment it was released. I enjoyed it. 
    😊
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

Totally. At first I empathized with him and thought he even had a real point, but slowly they reveal the craziness and you start retracting the empathy, until you finally reach the, "wait, WHAT?" stage, haha.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

Totally. At first I empathized with him and thought he even had a real point, but slowly they reveal the craziness and you start retracting the empathy, until you finally reach the, "wait, WHAT?" stage, haha.

This would have to be the greatest film ever made if it succeeded in getting me to sympathize with an an angry white male in rural Colorado.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    PJ_Soul said:
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

That was crazy...I assumed that the recordings were him being interviewed from prison.  I was surprised that they weren't.

I remember this happening.  I would not have remembered the details but I remember watching the news and seeing the report about the bulldozer trashing that town.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

This would have to be the greatest film ever made if it succeeded in getting me to sympathize with an an angry white male in rural Colorado.
    in the beginning the filmmaker made it seem as if the town really did have a grudge against him, and really was trying to fuck him over. it became apparent, obviously, he was just out of his mind. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2020
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

in the beginning the filmmaker made it seem as if the town really did have a grudge against him, and really was trying to fuck him over. it became apparent, obviously, he was just out of his mind. 
    Good manipulation to make the viewer examine and question his or her own initial reactions to the drama unfolding on the screen.

My favorite example of this technique by the master:

https://youtu.be/iPt2PNpjOq4

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

Yeah, exactly. I first thought the guy was being screwed over by power hungry white male local politicians and businessmen. They tricked me, lol.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    is it on netflix?
    Yes, it's called Tread.

Yeah, exactly. I first thought the guy was being screwed over by power hungry white male local politicians and businessmen. They tricked me, lol.
    i was thinking more of a small town vs outsider type of vibe. pretty easy to believe that, since many of the town's most prominent businessmen were on the bloody city council! how corrupt is that? and weren't there two Thompson family members on the same council?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited September 2020
    Just watched the original Karate Kid on Netflix, reminds me of being the same age as Daniel san.

Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    Finally watched Cobra Kai after being told by many friends that I’d love it. And I do! Binged the hell out of season 1. Probably the fastest I’ve ever binged a season of a show. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Just watched the original Karate Kid on Netflix, reminds me of being the same age as Daniel san.

Ps - Mallrats with Jay and Silent Bob is on Netflix too!
    You were 30 when you saw the original?
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

How did you make that out? It was made in the 80's and he's at high school when I was still at school. Do the maths!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

How did you make that out? It was made in the 80's and he's at high school when I was still at school. Do the maths!
    Well I was attempting a joke about Ralph being much older than a high schooler when that was made, with him playing a high schooler.
    He was actually (only) 23 when the movie came out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Well I was attempting a joke about Ralph being much older than a high schooler when that was made, with him playing a high schooler.
    He was actually (only) 23 when the movie came out.
    I think Judd Nelson was in his mid-late 20's when he did The Breakfast Club
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    IM THINKING OF ENDING THINGS 607 poster
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    This looks pretty disturbing

And this looks like a typical Adam Sandler movie

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Away is super duper good.
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 398
    I saw Social Dilemma Saturday night and enjoyed it. Documentary about the power of social medias but it has a cheesy dramatic arc in it that is meant to, I don't know, illustrate the problems of social media. It's a lot of stuff I knew but still put together pretty well.
  • Options
    Only just about every good Studio Ghibli film in addition to other animie films!!!
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2020
    I loved Cobra Kai (being an 80s kid).  Although, every episode I find my self yelling “this is why you move away from your hometown” and getting really annoyed by the small town drama.
    I can picture people I knew from high school still living in the drama thinking their high school football record actually means something.  I, for one, don’t even go back for class reunions...and don’t really fully understand why anyone does!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    PJPOWER said:
    I loved Cobra Kai (being an 80s kid).  Although, every episode I find my self yelling “this is why you move away from your hometown” and getting really annoyed by the small town drama.
    I can picture people I knew from high school still living in the drama thinking their high school football record actually means something.  I, for one, don’t even go back for class reunions...and don’t really fully understand why anyone does!
    I went back for my 30th but not sure if I'll go back again...or if they will even have one.  Not very many people there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    that's called Uncle Rico-ism. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Little Witch Academia - Animie meets Harry Potter for girls