*** The vegetarian/vegan thread ***

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited June 2019
    Person A:  I talk down to everyone and then act like a wounded soul when someone calls me on it.

I was not talking down to you. I just told you there was a reason given above your post.
    There's a reason for nearly everything. That doesn't mean people have to accept a thing. They can accept the reason but not always the thing.

There's a reason Donald Trump is POTUS. And while many anti-Trump folks can accept that reason (whatever it may be), many of those same folks likely still think the whole situation is bullshit. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    edited June 2019
    Post edited by LongestRoad on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    :lol:   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ive been  a vegan for nearly 10 months. why the change? i was travelling last year when the thought entered my consciousness and i simply thought it was just time. i do miss cheese and havent found  a vegan cheese i like yet and tbh im not actively looking. last wednesday i had my first pizza since i dont know when. for me the transition was an easy one cause  i dont miss meat... i had zero love for it anyway. veggies are awesome cause theyre so versatile.  salads, stir fries, curries, crudites. i love pulses and grains. falafel. avocado, mushrooms. and shopping at my local green grocer, its not as expensive. no doubt due to the fact that my food options have significantly narrowed, which in my opinion is a good thing. wasnt a huge fan of tofu and still arent, but every now and again ill eat it. i dont go for vegan 'meat' cause personally i dont see the point.. i gave up meat so why would i pretend to eat it...  but thats just my personal choice. im a whiskey drinker and hard liquor is vegan so hurrah!!! to that. 
    Well, you did answer just that. 

I don't care for meat either. But it's easier for e.g. my mom to buy "veggie meatballs" and replace ordinary meatballs when making inner than starting to make her own falafel. Haha. 

So I don't see a problem. And it's often the shittiest of meateaters who use the "THEN WHY DOES IT HAVE TO LOOK LIKE MEAAAAAT?" argument, for whatever they try to argue. 

If it helps someone to buy a meat-tasting veggie supplement at Burger King instead of their veggie-patty - then whatever, at least they do not support the slaughter of living creatures that meaaah
    aah see there you go... i am the mum and my kids are old enough to look afteer themselves(and so they do) falafel is the best thing ever.  i lived on it for weeks when i was in palestine... to the point where the falafel man would see me coming and  didnt have to ask my order. it was awesome.  

oh and eww on a meat tasting veggie patty... again my personal taste. ;):) 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    ive been  a vegan for nearly 10 months. why the change? i was travelling last year when the thought entered my consciousness and i simply thought it was just time. i do miss cheese and havent found  a vegan cheese i like yet and tbh im not actively looking. last wednesday i had my first pizza since i dont know when. for me the transition was an easy one cause  i dont miss meat... i had zero love for it anyway. veggies are awesome cause theyre so versatile.  salads, stir fries, curries, crudites. i love pulses and grains. falafel. avocado, mushrooms. and shopping at my local green grocer, its not as expensive. no doubt due to the fact that my food options have significantly narrowed, which in my opinion is a good thing. wasnt a huge fan of tofu and still arent, but every now and again ill eat it. i dont go for vegan 'meat' cause personally i dont see the point.. i gave up meat so why would i pretend to eat it...  but thats just my personal choice. im a whiskey drinker and hard liquor is vegan so hurrah!!! to that. 

I don't care for meat either. But it's easier for e.g. my mom to buy "veggie meatballs" and replace ordinary meatballs when making inner than starting to make her own falafel. Haha. 

So I don't see a problem. And it's often the shittiest of meateaters who use the "THEN WHY DOES IT HAVE TO LOOK LIKE MEAAAAAT?" argument, for whatever they try to argue. 

If it helps someone to buy a meat-tasting veggie supplement at Burger King instead of their veggie-patty - then whatever, at least they do not support the slaughter of living creatures that meaaah
    aah see there you go... i am the mum and my kids are old enough to look afteer themselves(and so they do) falafel is the best thing ever.  i lived on it for weeks when i was in palestine... to the point where the falafel man would see me coming and  didnt have to ask my order. it was awesome.  

But I take it, you are not my 60 year old mom? :O
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

But I take it, you are not my 60 year old mom?
    not that im aware of. 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Made a vegan "greek inspired" salad yesterday with vegan "feta cheese" for a potluck. No one complained, so I guess that is ok.. for someone who doesn't really cook etc

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Meat substitutes on the rise, meat sales are falling

New figures from market researcher IRI Netherlands show that in our shopping basket we are increasingly replacing real meat with products made with, for example, white and brown beans, soy, chickpeas, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli and herbs. Since 2017, the number of meat substitutes sold in the supermarket has increased by 51 percent.

For comparison: since 2017, sales of beef, pork, and game meat have fallen by 9 percent. Kip managed to achieve a growth of 2 percent. However, the decline seems to have started there too. In the first half of this year, chicken sales fell by 0.4 percent.

The number of meat substitutes at supermarket chains AH and Jumbo - the numbers 1 and 2 in the country - also shows that consumers are increasingly asking for this type of product. At AH, the number of vegetable burgers, vega sausages, soy schnitzels and other vegetarian options has risen by 33 percent since 2016 to 100 different products.

/.../

Butcher: you will have to

However, the development cannot be ignored, and many a butcher is also involved - although sometimes with fresh reluctance. When branch organization KNS once posted an item on Facebook about meat substitutes, some of the responses from members were not tender. In the trend of: "What the hell are you doing?"

Gerard Steltenpool, who has been a butcher in Hoevelaken for 50 years and an avid meat eater, says: "You will have to change along. But we butchers are very innovative, so we are going to work with those meat substitutes."

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fnos.nl%2Fartikel%2F2297492-vleesvervangers-bezig-met-snelle-opmars-verkoop-vlees-daalt.html

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,704
    Some good stuff available for sure. My daughter  is vegan and ive liked most of what ive had. Good to have choice
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Some good stuff available for sure. My daughter  is vegan and ive liked most of what ive had. Good to have choice
    Does she buy a lot of substitute stuff, or make everything herself from scratch?
    Some sub but not a lot mainly makes veg
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    100% smak
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• 100% smak
    100% taste. That is. 

0% chicken
    100% taste
    edited August 2019
    Phew i thought  for one moment heroin haha
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Phew i thought  for one moment heroin haha
    Would have been an experience
  • If you live in Atlanta:

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    A vegan woman sued her neighbors for barbecuing in their backyard: 'It's deliberate'https://www.freep.com/story/news/world/2019/09/03/vegan-sues-her-neighbors-barbecuing-their-backyard-australia/2196077001/?fbclid=IwAR0tC2fkYtAiWELCb5zcNDWh-3EBSUdjjtL4aI5zT3fwP3afzur_CjpGfWQ

LMFAO...are vegans and vegetarians that delicate.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    As I can't say I will go Vegetarian I have moved myself to Flexitarian. Less meat and animal products is definatly a good direction for me. I think I finally found a daily diet I can feel good about :-)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Started incorporating the plant based lifestyle in October. Fully switched over at the end of the year. Feeling the best I ever have. I lift heavy in the gym and my energy levels have been insane. And the recovery time is phenomenal. I do full body workouts that consist of up to 15 lifts in one workout at 5 sets of 5 reps as heavy as i can go, and the next morning I feel like I can go do it all over again.

No joint pain either. Love this lifestyle. I would've been the last person I'd have chosen to give up animal products lol. But I'm so glad I did.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    No offense to any vegans or vegetarians here, but earlier we watched a Joe Rogan stand-up show, and he did a hilarious bit on vegan cats.

We nearly pissed ourselves laughing :lol:

That said, I realized that while I love meat in almost all its forms, my daily diet these days consists mostly of fruit and vegetables with a spattering of meat protein throughout.  No "impossible" meat for me, though.  If I'm having a burger or steak or what have you, I'm going with the pure shit!
    edited February 2020
    hedonist said:
    No offense to any vegans or vegetarians here, but earlier we watched a Joe Rogan stand-up show, and he did a hilarious bit on vegan cats.

That said, I realized that while I love meat in almost all its forms, my daily diet these days consists mostly of fruit and vegetables with a spattering of meat protein throughout.  No "impossible" meat for me, though.  If I'm having a burger or steak or what have you, I'm going with the pure shit!
    Meaning that if you want a burger or steak or what have you, you are okey with other living creatures to have suffered and being slaughteted for it. 

Instead of just going with the other readily available option. Which do not involve suffer and slaughter. 

Would prefer if such things were being kept out of the thread, with it being a thread for the positive of not accepting animals suffering or being slaughtered and seeing their lifes value. 

It’s rather unthougtful. But you should try an impossible burger. And reevalute views on what ”pure shit!” is. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited February 2020
    hedonist said:

Meaning that if you want a burger or steak or what have you, you are okey with other living creatures to have suffered and being slaughteted for it. 

Instead of just going with the other readily available option. Which do not involve suffer and slaughter. 

Would prefer if such things were being kept out of the thread, with it being a thread for the positive of not accepting animals suffering or being slaughtered and seeing their lifes value. 
    it’s rather unthougtful. But you should try an impossible burger. And reevalute views on what ”pure shit!” is. 
    Man, over-sensitivity abounds around here lately!

I thought I was respectful (mentioning that we *gasp!* laughed at Joe Rogan's bit couldn't be offensive, could it?), certainly not warranting your assumption of my being heartless or a murderer by proxy. I wasn’t even disparaging the choice to live that way.

Please keep your chiding and "shoulds" to yourself. Thanks!
    edited February 2020
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

it’s rather unthougtful. But you should try an impossible burger. And reevalute views on what ”pure shit!” is. 
    Man, over-sensitivity abounds around here lately!

I thought I was respectful (mentioning that we *gasp!* laughed at Joe Rogan's bit couldn't be offensive, could it?), certainly not warranting your assumption of my being heartless or a murderer by proxy. I wasn’t even disparaging the choice to live that way.

Please keep your chiding and "shoulds" to yourself. Thanks!
    Okey. But I think you should at least give trying the impossible burger a thought. If you have not tried it and discarded it because of the taste etc. If it is the one Burger King has.

Trying that one out instead of a regular one makes the rate of unnecessary eating living, breathing creatures drop down to a whopping (pun intended) zero (0) percent during the 10-15 minutes it takes to eat one. Give it a thought. :)

What special with Rogan was it?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on