*** The vegetarian/vegan thread ***

13»

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,768
    edited June 3
    Person A:  I talk down to everyone and then act like a wounded soul when someone calls me on it.

I was not talking down to you. I just told you there was a reason given above your post.
    There's a reason for nearly everything. That doesn't mean people have to accept a thing. They can accept the reason but not always the thing.

There's a reason Donald Trump is POTUS. And while many anti-Trump folks can accept that reason (whatever it may be), many of those same folks likely still think the whole situation is bullshit. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    edited June 3
    Post edited by LongestRoad on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 16,449
    :lol:   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,768
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 16,449

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 28,999
    ive been  a vegan for nearly 10 months. why the change? i was travelling last year when the thought entered my consciousness and i simply thought it was just time. i do miss cheese and havent found  a vegan cheese i like yet and tbh im not actively looking. last wednesday i had my first pizza since i dont know when. for me the transition was an easy one cause  i dont miss meat... i had zero love for it anyway. veggies are awesome cause theyre so versatile.  salads, stir fries, curries, crudites. i love pulses and grains. falafel. avocado, mushrooms. and shopping at my local green grocer, its not as expensive. no doubt due to the fact that my food options have significantly narrowed, which in my opinion is a good thing. wasnt a huge fan of tofu and still arent, but every now and again ill eat it. i dont go for vegan 'meat' cause personally i dont see the point.. i gave up meat so why would i pretend to eat it...  but thats just my personal choice. im a whiskey drinker and hard liquor is vegan so hurrah!!! to that. 
    Well, you did answer just that. 

I don't care for meat either. But it's easier for e.g. my mom to buy "veggie meatballs" and replace ordinary meatballs when making inner than starting to make her own falafel. Haha. 

So I don't see a problem. And it's often the shittiest of meateaters who use the "THEN WHY DOES IT HAVE TO LOOK LIKE MEAAAAAT?" argument, for whatever they try to argue. 

If it helps someone to buy a meat-tasting veggie supplement at Burger King instead of their veggie-patty - then whatever, at least they do not support the slaughter of living creatures that meaaah
    aah see there you go... i am the mum and my kids are old enough to look afteer themselves(and so they do) falafel is the best thing ever.  i lived on it for weeks when i was in palestine... to the point where the falafel man would see me coming and  didnt have to ask my order. it was awesome.  

oh and eww on a meat tasting veggie patty... again my personal taste. ;) :) 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 14,240
    ive been  a vegan for nearly 10 months. why the change? i was travelling last year when the thought entered my consciousness and i simply thought it was just time. i do miss cheese and havent found  a vegan cheese i like yet and tbh im not actively looking. last wednesday i had my first pizza since i dont know when. for me the transition was an easy one cause  i dont miss meat... i had zero love for it anyway. veggies are awesome cause theyre so versatile.  salads, stir fries, curries, crudites. i love pulses and grains. falafel. avocado, mushrooms. and shopping at my local green grocer, its not as expensive. no doubt due to the fact that my food options have significantly narrowed, which in my opinion is a good thing. wasnt a huge fan of tofu and still arent, but every now and again ill eat it. i dont go for vegan 'meat' cause personally i dont see the point.. i gave up meat so why would i pretend to eat it...  but thats just my personal choice. im a whiskey drinker and hard liquor is vegan so hurrah!!! to that. 

I don't care for meat either. But it's easier for e.g. my mom to buy "veggie meatballs" and replace ordinary meatballs when making inner than starting to make her own falafel. Haha. 

So I don't see a problem. And it's often the shittiest of meateaters who use the "THEN WHY DOES IT HAVE TO LOOK LIKE MEAAAAAT?" argument, for whatever they try to argue. 

If it helps someone to buy a meat-tasting veggie supplement at Burger King instead of their veggie-patty - then whatever, at least they do not support the slaughter of living creatures that meaaah
    aah see there you go... i am the mum and my kids are old enough to look afteer themselves(and so they do) falafel is the best thing ever.  i lived on it for weeks when i was in palestine... to the point where the falafel man would see me coming and  didnt have to ask my order. it was awesome.  

But I take it, you are not my 60 year old mom? :O
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 28,999

But I take it, you are not my 60 year old mom?
    not that im aware of. 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 14,240
    Made a vegan "greek inspired" salad yesterday with vegan "feta cheese" for a potluck. No one complained, so I guess that is ok.. for someone who doesn't really cook etc

The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...