2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,085
    E.K said:
    If PJ doesn't tour Australia in 2020 .. I will be selling all my music and merch and leaving the Ten Club.  They seem happy to travel all the way to Europe on a regular basis, so why not Australia?  

Oh and please sign the petition if you want an Australia/New Zealand tour in 2020.

https://www.change.org/p/pearl-jam-pearl-jam-to-tour-australia-new-zealand-2020?fbclid=IwAR1cAqoSlpQbirJAHafvHNwhcI9r-xD1jYSd1gGh6aKSAoJ9gpGDxB5qJ-s

Totally understandable leaving the club as the touring has drastically slowed down but the music is still great, I'd keep that.

Note that they have barely traveled anywhere as a band in their home country recently, traveling to 3 US cities over what appears to be a 40 month period 9/16-12/19. The population of the USA to other countries...the northeast has more population than Canada and Australia combined. And we draw tons of out of town fans when they play here. Tickets are impossible.  They could never play enough shows here.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,085
    edited June 2019
    ikiT said:
    Cosimo82 said:
    So what about PJ at Firenze rocks2020? 
    Europe has had PLENTY.

I dont get EV doing almost the same solo tour he just did in 2017 while not doing a full states tour in a long time. While leaving the band on the shelf 33 of the past 36 months while putting the forthcoming album on hold yet again. 

Oh well, Tool made its fans wait 13 years and it's almost here.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    NewJPage said:
    on2legs said:
    kaw753 said:
    on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:
    Today Bruce said that he and the E Street Band would be recording a new record in the fall and touring next year when it’s finished. It’s just that easy to keep your fans in the know.
    True.  But he already wrote the record.  They just need to record it.  He runs that show and it’s his way or the highway.  I don’t think Pearl Jam makes a record the same way as Bruce and the E Street Band.  Getting 5 people on the same page might be more of a challenge. 
    You are saying they need someone in the band who is like a Boss? Didn't Springsteen release a new album last week?
    While Ed is clearly the head guy, the rest of the band still seems to have a big say in things.  I don’t think the band could ever function like the E Street Band.  Bruce calls the shots and everyone else has to follow along.  I don’t think it’s like that in Pearl Jam even if Ed is the top dog.  I think the other guys still have a big say in their plans.  Plus Bruce will be 70 this year and all his kids are grown.  He has less family matters tying him down. 
    Was Bruce not playing and making music 15 years ago when he had younger kids? Of course he was. Don't blame kids on inactivity of the band.
    He went a decade without playing with the e street band though. As long as these guys get along they will always come back together. Whether it’s s year, two years or five. PJ will be back on a big way at some point. Patience my friends
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 331
    Has Ed said anything about Pearl Jam recording/touring at his recent solo shows?
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i didn't now that stone didn't come out for the final bow in chicago. that is not a good sign. it will happen when ed wants it to happen. i know what i saw in 2006 in pittsburgh. there was no feeling of togetherness at the hotel. the band went in its own van , ed went separately. yes i know its a long time ago but i think there is an undercurrent at work here. bands have ups and downs. personal relationships have ups and downs. this may be one of those times . who knows. on stage it may still work, but apart one has to want to get together and be together. i just don't feel it right now.  
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,904
    E.K said:
    If PJ doesn't tour Australia in 2020 .. I will be selling all my music and merch and leaving the Ten Club.  They seem happy to travel all the way to Europe on a regular basis, so why not Australia?  

Oh and please sign the petition if you want an Australia/New Zealand tour in 2020.

https://www.change.org/p/pearl-jam-pearl-jam-to-tour-australia-new-zealand-2020?fbclid=IwAR1cAqoSlpQbirJAHafvHNwhcI9r-xD1jYSd1gGh6aKSAoJ9gpGDxB5qJ-s

PJ doesn't play a lot of places.  I don't think I could give up my favourite music, but given there are far more places on Earth they don't play than play, I wouldn't take it too personally.

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,916
    ikiT said:
    Cosimo82 said:
    Europe has had PLENTY.

One PJ tour in the past 5 years (6 by 2020). Let's hope for another tour next year ;-)
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,147
    edited June 2019
    Not that it will happen, but damn a modern unplugged tour/album would be amazing at this point. Seems easier to do garage style and just jam in small venues without the bells and whistles.  Sets could get interesting.. alot changed since MTV unplugged.

A prelude to the new material! 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    edited June 2019
    tino_11 said:
    ikiT said:
    Cosimo82 said:
    Europe has had PLENTY.

One PJ tour in the past 5 years (6 by 2020). Let's hope for another tour next year ;-)
    Or three tours in the last 7 years.  I hope for West Coast USA, Eastern Canada, and November Australia next year.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    pjhawks said:
    NewJPage said:
    on2legs said:
    kaw753 said:
    on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:
    Today Bruce said that he and the E Street Band would be recording a new record in the fall and touring next year when it’s finished. It’s just that easy to keep your fans in the know.
    True.  But he already wrote the record.  They just need to record it.  He runs that show and it’s his way or the highway.  I don’t think Pearl Jam makes a record the same way as Bruce and the E Street Band.  Getting 5 people on the same page might be more of a challenge. 
    You are saying they need someone in the band who is like a Boss? Didn't Springsteen release a new album last week?
    While Ed is clearly the head guy, the rest of the band still seems to have a big say in things.  I don’t think the band could ever function like the E Street Band.  Bruce calls the shots and everyone else has to follow along.  I don’t think it’s like that in Pearl Jam even if Ed is the top dog.  I think the other guys still have a big say in their plans.  Plus Bruce will be 70 this year and all his kids are grown.  He has less family matters tying him down. 
    Was Bruce not playing and making music 15 years ago when he had younger kids? Of course he was. Don't blame kids on inactivity of the band.
    He went a decade without playing with the e street band though. As long as these guys get along they will always come back together. Whether it’s s year, two years or five. PJ will be back on a big way at some point. Patience my friends
    If ed released solo material this would be an apt comparison. He doesn't. 1 song in 6 years?
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Big Tour and LP next year. Rock The Vote. Angry Ed will be back.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Drdeal said:
    Big Tour and LP next year. Rock The Vote. Angry Ed will be back.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    I have a milestone birthday next year and have pretty much go anywhere trip in my back pocket from the Mrs. 

top two options currently

a week on my favorite Caribbean island
    PJ concert in an exotic locale (never been to europe)

I'm hoping the band makes the decision difficult! and don't get me started on Angry Ed reappearing...oh yeah!

• AH200403AH200403 Georgia Posts: 44
    tup30 said:
    I have a milestone birthday next year and have pretty much go anywhere trip in my back pocket from the Mrs. 

top two options currently

a week on my favorite Caribbean island
    PJ concert in an exotic locale (never been to europe)

I'm hoping the band makes the decision difficult! and don't get me started on Angry Ed reappearing...oh yeah!

My husband and group of friends all hit 40 next year and the plan was for all of us to take a trip.  Thankfully, we have a handful of PJ fans in our group, so we are all holding out for tour announcements before we plan the trip!  
    2005: Kitchener, ON;  London,ON; Hamilton,ON  
    2006: Camden, NJ
    2008: Columbia, SC
    2010: New York, NY 1; New York, NY 2
    2012: Atlanta, GA
    2013: Chicago, IL; Charlotte, NC; Los Angeles, CA 1; Los Angeles, CA 2
    2014: St. Louis, MO; ACL 2
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, FL; Miami, FL; Columbia, SC; Ottawa, ON; Toronto, ON 1
    2018: London, UK 1; London UK 2; Wrigley 1; Wrigley 2
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    What about Angry Ed in Philly?  in the late spring?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    or Newark?
  • sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    I'll take anywhere on Earth for $500, Alex.  I'm going. 
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,338
    ikiT said:
    ikiT said:
    or Newark?
    Are these wild guesses or some inside info?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,746
    tino_11 said:
    ikiT said:
    Cosimo82 said:
    Europe has had PLENTY.

Or three tours in the last 7 years.  I hope for West Coast USA, Eastern Canada, and November Australia next year.

Any west coast tour will almost certainly accompany east coast and/or other parts of the country.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • jefftjefft Posts: 646
    Personally I'd love to see a busted down acoustic tour.  I think its time for this.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    jefft said:
    Personally I'd love to see a busted down acoustic tour.  I think its time for this.
    This would be awesome. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    on2legs said:
    ikiT said:
    ikiT said:
    or Newark?
    Are these wild guesses or some inside info?
    I'm going to take a wild guess that these are wild guesses.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Pure speculation.   Do I want to see it happen? yes.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    E.K said:

Totally understandable leaving the club as the touring has drastically slowed down but the music is still great, I'd keep that.

Note that they have barely traveled anywhere as a band in their home country recently, traveling to 3 US cities over what appears to be a 40 month period 9/16-12/19. The population of the USA to other countries...the northeast has more population than Canada and Australia combined. And we draw tons of out of town fans when they play here. Tickets are impossible.  They could never play enough shows here.

Not sure I'd call Can't Deny Me 'great'.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,311
    Brisk. said:
    E.K said:

I think the original poster said that if they dont tour, then they will be selling all their music and merch.  And the response basically was "dont sell your music, keep that"
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,873
    Brisk. said:
    E.K said:

I would. I actually listen to it by choice, which I can only say for 4 songs off LB (Pendulum, Getaway, Sirens, Yellow Moon).  I love the sentiment (probably helps) and melody of Cant Deny Me.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • ChoskaChoska Posts: 116
    Someone else posted this but I'll echo it. The primary benefit of Ten Club membership is access to tickets. At some point there are only so many bootlegs and black t-shirts that one needs, you know? So if the band isn't going to tour for a year or more then they should give us the option of putting our memberships into hibernation. Just say, 'no tour in 2019 but you can maintain your membership for $10 and you'll get a bootleg but not shirt.' At a minimum they should do this for people living in Asia/Australia where the band hasn't appeared in 5 years. 

I don't mind them not touring. It is a free world and they can do what they want. (I also saw McCready play at the Showbox and that was fun. And I saw Ed at the grocery store a few months ago. So it isn't like I haven't seen them. I kid.) But I do mind paying for a benefit that I don't receive. If they aren't going to tour then let us all save a few bucks. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,873
    Is this really an argument over $10/year?  Isn't "Digital" $20, and you're saying it should be $10 instead?
    For a band the size of PJ, $20/year for the fan club is nothing.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Is this really an argument over $10/year?  Isn't "Digital" $20, and you're saying it should be $10 instead?
    I think it's not so much about money as it is about, how big of a burden would it be to communicate with these loyal fans? It's doable. We will continue to pump cash into what's become a merchandise operation but it would be so noble to give some heads up to what's going on, what's coming up and so on. It's a given they don't have to, but it's not an insane request. 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    Noload said:
    I think it's not so much about money as it is about, how big of a burden would it be to communicate with these loyal fans? It's doable. We will continue to pump cash into what's become a merchandise operation but it would be so noble to give some heads up to what's going on, what's coming up and so on. It's a given they don't have to, but it's not an insane request. 
    Spot on.