The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Sweet Jesus I just watched the entire kuchar nonsense. He’s the fucking worst 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Sweet Jesus I just watched the entire kuchar nonsense. He’s the fucking worst 
    You would think a guy under scrutiny for his recent actions would have some sense. A second bounce causing a divot? C'mon...he was downright trying to cheat to get his ball out of the divot. Really pathetic.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Come on Jordan!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Oh yeah, Kuchar is turning into a jackass (or we just didn't know it until now). 
    I always thought Phil was Shooter McGavin, but perhaps it was Kuchar all along

And I picked the fuck this week

chinese-happy.jpg
    Looks like Hank Haney's prediction will be correct for the US Women's OPen.  Still a jackass.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Shot 81 yesterday. Lowest round of summer so far. Hopefully I can keep it up. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Nice!

Played three 18’s yesterday.  Was a beautiful day and took the day off.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ 54 in a day?! I’m impressed! 
    Great round Jojo! 
    54 in one day? You are a mad man. 

Anyone watch the Tiger Taylormade special last night? I was picturing how pissed the Taylormade guys were behind the scenes the whole time. “This fucking guy! Nothing’s ever good enough!”
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I am used to walking 18 holes at my home course so I think 54 holes with a cart felt like 27 holes.  I took the day off last minute as the weather was amazing and I just got myself out of bed at 6am and got the day going. 
    Rory is on a roll today.  The game must feel real easy right now.  I like the course. 
    59 watch!
    4 holes to go 2 under.   Includes a par 5.  So three par 4's to get one birdie and then just birdie the par 5.  No reason not to go all out with this lead.
    Soooo, going into one of the best weekends of the year, we have...

Rory coming in with two wins on the season 
    Tiger being the masters champ
    Brooks winning every major
    Phil winning already this year at pebble

just to name a few. Gonna be a good week. 

And good god, not many, if any, that can match Rory’s best
    And fucking awesome for Gmac.

Oh yeah, next week is shaping up to be high on drama.  I think Phil being in the mix will be the most exciting storyline for the tourney.  Even moreso than Tiger and the quest for 18. 

Was thinking the other day why Koepka gets such a bad rap for being boring.   I don't think Dustin Johnson shows any emotion on the course and his interviews are just as dull as Koepka's (used to be).  But DJ is this beloved golfer amongst the media even with the drug suspension.  Not bashing DJ but Koepka gets the short end of the stick.  He does have 4 of the last 8 major championships though!

Players are saying the fairways are super narrow this week and rough is almost impossible to hit from. Whoever can hit the most fairways will bode very well.  I’m going with DJ. He redeems himself from the meltdown at Pebble a few years back and hoists the trophy. 
    Finally played a good round of golf today. 82 with 4 missed putts inside of 5 feet. I need to correct that but I was very happy overall. 
    bbiggs said:
    Finally played a good round of golf today. 82 with 4 missed putts inside of 5 feet. I need to correct that but I was very happy overall. 
    Nice!  Have you broken 80 before?    
    bbiggs said:
    I have but not in a few years. I just don’t have the time to play as much and my scores are usually a direct reflection of how much I’ve been playing. I’ll take it though! Nothing better than the feeling of a relatively clean round of golf. 
    edited June 2019

Oh yeah, next week is shaping up to be high on drama.  I think Phil being in the mix will be the most exciting storyline for the tourney.  Even moreso than Tiger and the quest for 18. 

Was thinking the other day why Koepka gets such a bad rap for being boring.   I don't think Dustin Johnson shows any emotion on the course and his interviews are just as dull as Koepka's (used to be).  But DJ is this beloved golfer amongst the media even with the drug suspension.  Not bashing DJ but Koepka gets the short end of the stick.  He does have 4 of the last 8 major championships though!

I think there are a few things to this.

Koepka isn't as fun to watch as DJ.  They can both do similar things, Koepka maybe more, but I think DJ's swing is much more awe-inspiring because of how long it is.

I actually think DJ's press conferences are great.

People have gotten to know DJ a lot more.  He has been around longer and been through a lot.

DJ doesn't have a me against the world mentality. 

And yeah on Phil. Probably his last chance, though not sure how much of a chance he really has...
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I have but not in a few years. I just don’t have the time to play as much and my scores are usually a direct reflection of how much I’ve been playing. I’ll take it though! Nothing better than the feeling of a relatively clean round of golf. 
    The thing I love about playing clean golf is not spending time trying to find golf balls in the rough.  
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    The thing I love about playing clean golf is not spending time trying to find golf balls in the rough.  
    Wait! We're NOT supposed to be doing that? Shit. That explains a lot to me.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    bbiggs said:
    I shot an 83 and an 84 a month ago. Yesterday I finished 110.....this was with a massive hangover and about four hours sleep but still...worst round in forever. WTF?

This game can eat you alive, gents. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    My golf instructor gave me a chart for chips/pitch shots in about 5 or 10 yard increments.  What club depending on a flop or roll-out, how far down to grip the club and then how far to swing on the back swing and follow through using a clock to visualize.   Obviously everyone is a little different but it has been fun to test out.  It makes a lot of sense and takes a lot of the guess work out.    It made practice a lot more fun to target 30 yards and get it to land within about a yard a high percentage of the time (that is mucho improvement for me). 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I'll take a copy of said chart.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Pebble looks gllllloooorious
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    edited June 2019
    I'm so gutted I'm not there lol.

Maybe I'll get lucky with the Masters drawing next month. I'd really like to take my grandpa.