The Idiot Thread

1394041424345»

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Does the janitor deciding to clean out the fridge at 10am qualify for this thread???  Everyone’s lunch—- gone!!

all i got was “oh my bads”. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mcgruff10 said:
    I've been a teacher for 18 years and can say without doubt that this "teacher" is a fucking moron:

Parents outraged after son with autism was given 'most annoying' award

An Indiana elementary school and special education teacher are receiving backlash after an 11 year-old child with autism received a “most annoying male” superlative at an end-of-the-year school party.

Rick Castejon, the father of the non-verbal autistic fifth-grader at Bailly Preparatory Academy in Gary, Ind., ABC Chicago station WLS-TV that they were blindsided when their son received the “Bailly Preparatory Academy 2018-2019 Most Annoying Male” award while other students were given positive ones such as “most improved” or funniest.”

"When they called him up he was just excited to get a gold star because it was shiny," Castejon said.

He added, "I didn't want to cause a scene with other parents there, so I left the award on the table and tried walking away, but the teacher came back and said Akalis forgot his award."

The 11 year-old's mother Estella Castejon said she went to the school the next day demanding an apology from both the principal and the teacher.

She said she never got that apology, however, Dr. Peter Morikis of the Gary Community School Corporation released a statement which said that the teacher who initiated the award is facing disciplinary action.

“The Gary Community School Corporation does not condone this type of behavior and will continue to put the safety and well-being of our students first,” Morikis said. “We extend our deepest apologies to the impacted student, the family and anyone else who take offense to this unfortunate occurrence.”

i honestly can't fathom this level of idiocy.  i don't think any child should be given an award for most annoying let alone one with autism.  how can someone think this would go over well? 
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Is this the right place for this article?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/06/06/world/europe/germany-nurse-killed-patients.amp.html

Officials suspect Mr. Högel may have killed as many as 300 patients while working at two clinics in northern Germany between 2000 and 2005. He was accused of administering drug overdoses that caused cardiac arrest so that he could try to revive patients heroically. His colleagues called him “Resuscitation Rambo.”
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Me watching a delivery tracker on United States Postal Service website for a package that should have been here Wednesday ...

At one point it was within a 45 minute drive of my place ... it's now several states and time zones away ... I'm pretty sure FedEx or UPS could have farted this package to me in their sleep, but that's what happens when profit is on the line.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    I've been a teacher for 18 years and can say without doubt that this "teacher" is a fucking moron:

Parents outraged after son with autism was given 'most annoying' award

An Indiana elementary school and special education teacher are receiving backlash after an 11 year-old child with autism received a “most annoying male” superlative at an end-of-the-year school party.

Rick Castejon, the father of the non-verbal autistic fifth-grader at Bailly Preparatory Academy in Gary, Ind., ABC Chicago station WLS-TV that they were blindsided when their son received the “Bailly Preparatory Academy 2018-2019 Most Annoying Male” award while other students were given positive ones such as “most improved” or funniest.”

"When they called him up he was just excited to get a gold star because it was shiny," Castejon said.

He added, "I didn't want to cause a scene with other parents there, so I left the award on the table and tried walking away, but the teacher came back and said Akalis forgot his award."

The 11 year-old's mother Estella Castejon said she went to the school the next day demanding an apology from both the principal and the teacher.

She said she never got that apology, however, Dr. Peter Morikis of the Gary Community School Corporation released a statement which said that the teacher who initiated the award is facing disciplinary action.

“The Gary Community School Corporation does not condone this type of behavior and will continue to put the safety and well-being of our students first,” Morikis said. “We extend our deepest apologies to the impacted student, the family and anyone else who take offense to this unfortunate occurrence.”

teacher should be fired outright. inexcusable. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    A representative of the United States Congress resigned because pics on the internet revealed a Nazi iron cross tattoo ... i hope this is the first and only duly elected member of congress that has Nazi tattoos.  Seems like a bad choice for a tattoo.  On account of the stuff the Nazis did.  Just say'n.