• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    let's face it.  The United States is a facade.  We have bullied our way into world dominance.  At the same time, the education of our population has not kept up with other world powers.  Trump is merely a symptom of this illness.  We are approaching the stage where left untreated,  this disease will kill us.
    I tend to agree. I think we're looking at the beginning of America's long decline.
    beginning?
    Half way through? If he gets away with everything it will be the final nail specially with him winning a 2nd term Democracy will be dead !
    No, the very beginning. America rose up until now. And the decline will probably take a couple centuries (but nobody can predict that - war or global economic collapse or natural calamity or god knows what can change everything obviously). I'm talking along the lines of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire here, not just people not feeling good about how things are going, or even the current degradation of its so-called democracy, although that of course is why this time will be defined as the beginning of the decline. I believe that this time under Trump will be identified as the beginning of America's literal collapse as a nation... a long time from now.
    It might very well be, but I think that'd be wrong because everything that led up to us even being a society where Donald Trump can be the president needs to be taken into account. Not sure where to pin-point the beginning though. The beginning of reality television? The rise of the internet? Social media? It's hard to tell. Maybe all the way back to the 1980's when celebrity worship (though tabloids and stuff like "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous) began. Again, it's hard to pinpoint. But it's definitely not a case of Donald Trump appeared out of nowhere, became president, and ruined America. He's a symptom of much larger problems. 
    You can't pinpoint that beginning. These kinds of identifiers have to be momentous moments, not tiny little cultural shifts, like what people are consuming for entertainment in their homes. Besides, I REALLY REALLY don't think that reality TV or anything like that has anything to do with this - if it did, every developed nation in the world would be as fucked up as America is right now, which is not the case. Yes, social media will for sure be identified as a momentous thing in human history, but that isn't specific enough for historians to actually choose it as the "moment" America's decline began IMHO. Though the Russian interference and Trump's obstruction of justice certainly will be a part of it, and social media is entwined with that obviously. FWIW, I think the beginning of Trump was created by the beginning of Clinton hate among American voters, and that unbalanced loathing of Clinton was created by Trump as well as by the Russians via social media, and by Assange.
    This is all way too unprovable. Too many variables, no uniform definition of ‘decline’, no way of measuring decline except for economic factors (which really don’t indicate the whole story or anything close to it), a mass media that loves to state definitively why something is happening with no justification for why the throngs of other variables ought to be discounted. I don’t understand what it is that compels us to focus on “why”, an unanswerable question in a modern and entangled world. “What should we do from here” seems more relevant and maybe, hopefully, even answerable. 
    Well obviously it's just my opinion, but I am specifically talking about how this will go down in literal history. Hundreds of years from now this will be recorded in the same manner the decline and fall of all other past civilizations are: academically. We can sit here in the present and say oh, there are so many variables. But that isn't how it pans out in history books. Moments and causes are pretty well defined in that context, including the socio-political and cultural influences that lead to the defining moments. Doing that is far from impossible among historians. There aren't too many questions that end up being unanswerable in that context. Not in the long run.

Of course the most important and relevant issue to us right now is what should be done from here. I just happen to be talking about how this will all go down in history though. Not about the here and now. This whole thread is about the here and now, so I think it's okay to stray from that for a bit and think about how it will look to future generations!
    Makes sense! Sorry Allie, it’s the data nerd in me that sometimes gets too pedantic about rules of logic and the silly causal relations we think are fairly certain.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    PJ_Soul said:

Of course the most important and relevant issue to us right now is what should be done from here. I just happen to be talking about how this will all go down in history though. Not about the here and now. This whole thread is about the here and now, so I think it's okay to stray from that for a bit and think about how it will look to future generations!
    Another thing to consider is who is going to write this history. Thirty or forty years from now, history books that are unfavorable to Trump (and thus, accurate) will likely be cast into the lava that surrounds Empress Ivanka's castle, along with those who wrote them. 

I'm kidding there of course (well...half-kidding), but "history" is an interesting thing when it comes to who it's written by, and who it's written for. For example, my friend lives in Arlington, VA. His niece is taught in school that the confederacy was right, and that Lincoln was a treasonous warmonger that unjustly invaded the southern states. Yes, school-aged children in the United States are being taught this in the year 2019. 

As for Trump, I'm still not sure if we'll look back on this like "Oh yeah, remember when Donald Trump was president? That was strange." Or, is Trumpism something that's here to stay? You know how all the republicans kept parroting "Ronald Reagan" during the primary? Is that how it will be 30 years from now? Some crazy politician saying "Well just like the great President Trump once said...."
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2019
    PJ_Soul said:

Another thing to consider is who is going to write this history. Thirty or forty years from now, history books that are unfavorable to Trump (and thus, accurate) will likely be cast into the lava that surrounds Empress Ivanka's castle, along with those who wrote them. 

I'm kidding there of course (well...half-kidding), but "history" is an interesting thing when it comes to who it's written by, and who it's written for. For example, my friend lives in Arlington, VA. His niece is taught in school that the confederacy was right, and that Lincoln was a treasonous warmonger that unjustly invaded the southern states. Yes, school-aged children in the United States are being taught this in the year 2019. 

As for Trump, I'm still not sure if we'll look back on this like "Oh yeah, remember when Donald Trump was president? That was strange." Or, is Trumpism something that's here to stay? You know how all the republicans kept parroting "Ronald Reagan" during the primary? Is that how it will be 30 years from now? Some crazy politician saying "Well just like the great President Trump once said...."
    That will definitely all depend on who the "winners and losers" are! Though frankly, I would rather read American history texts published by any country BUT America (and Russia!). That will likely provide more accurate accounts of things!
    I'm afraid I do see Trumpism lasting. The way a significant number of Americans are thinking now... that will have a very lasting impact. I think the divide between citizens in America is probably permanent, and I think that is what allows Trumpism to thrive.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

That will definitely all depend on who the "winners and losers" are! Though frankly, I would rather read American history texts published by any country BUT America (and Russia!). That will likely provide more accurate accounts of things!
    I'm afraid I do see Trumpism lasting. The way a significant number of Americans are thinking now... that will have a very lasting impact. I think the divide between citizens in America is probably permanent, and I think that is what allows Trumpism to thrive.
    I think what this shows is how malleable people are in their thinking, and how pervasive group think really is.  Point is, you might be right that it will last, but only if there is a similar leader to stoke it.  The right has shown an amazing propensity for falling in line.  But that line could be different in 6 years.  
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I think what this shows is how malleable people are in their thinking, and how pervasive group think really is.  Point is, you might be right that it will last, but only if there is a similar leader to stoke it.  The right has shown an amazing propensity for falling in line.  But that line could be different in 6 years.  
    I hope you're right!! I admit I'm feeling pretty fucking cynical about it all right now. I don't hold out much hope for America at the moment. I'm actually concerned about Trumpism further seeping into my own country and spreading (it's already happening), so am not exactly expecting it to fizzle.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I hope you're right!! I admit I'm feeling pretty fucking cynical about it all right now. I don't hold out much hope for America at the moment. I'm actually concerned about Trumpism further seeping into my own country and spreading (it's already happening), so am not exactly expecting it to fizzle.
    I know so many 'conservatives' who are saying something completely opposite than they did six years ago.  Whether it's about free trade, NK, allies, NATO, whatever, it's 180 degrees.  Did they all have a collective epiphany?  Likely not.  They've showed themselves to be unprincipled lemmings.  They are just as susceptible to reverting back to their 'normal' position.  IMO.  
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Conservatives Stunned by Mueller Suggesting Trump Is Not Innocent

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/05/conservatives-stunned-by-mueller-implying-trump-not-innocent.html

It's funny to read about how some of these guys are dealing with Mueller's statement yesterday.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Stunned I tell ya, just stunned! Suckers.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited May 2019
    dignin said:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/05/conservatives-stunned-by-mueller-implying-trump-not-innocent.html

It's funny to read about how some of these guys are dealing with Mueller's statement yesterday.
    That reads like an Onion headline, lol. I sincerely went and looked all over the page to see if it was a satirical publication.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

That reads like an Onion headline, lol. I sincerely went and looked all over the page to see if it was a satirical publication.
    If only.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    dignin said:

They are the same people that could roll around in the mud and fail to understand why they are covered in dirt.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    How are they stunned?  They all still believe Mueller exonerated him.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    If it wasn't obvious that CYA Barr is in on the fix, this sure as hell should be. Falling on his sword for his party and conservatism ideology, constitution and checks and balances be damned. Because "everybody dies."

‘Everyone dies’: Barr says he’s unconcerned about the toll his job is taking on his reputation

By John Wagner ● Read more »

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    If it wasn't obvious that CYA Barr is in on the fix, this sure as hell should be. Falling on his sword for his party and conservatism ideology, constitution and checks and balances be damned. Because "everybody dies."

‘Everyone dies’: Barr says he’s unconcerned about the toll his job is taking on his reputation

Country is in the hands of too many like him. I guess he didn't hear about how it's not only Dems or he doesn't give a damn, but I do.

From LA Times:
    As of Wednesday, more than 1,000 former federal prosecutors had signed a statement explaining that, in their professional judgment and based on the facts described in special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s report, President Trump would have been criminally charged with obstruction of justice if he were not the president.

This public outcry from such a large group of prosecutors — who have served under Republican and Democratic presidents — is unprecedented and indicative of overwhelming expert agreement on the evidence and law supporting charges against Trump.

Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:

Country is in the hands of too many like him. I guess he didn't hear about how it's not only Dems or he doesn't give a damn, but I do.

From LA Times:
    As of Wednesday, more than 1,000 former federal prosecutors had signed a statement explaining that, in their professional judgment and based on the facts described in special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s report, President Trump would have been criminally charged with obstruction of justice if he were not the president.

This public outcry from such a large group of prosecutors — who have served under Republican and Democratic presidents — is unprecedented and indicative of overwhelming expert agreement on the evidence and law supporting charges against Trump.

They're protecting more than Team Trump Treason. And they knew it and did nothing to stop it, just like all those Team trump Treason campaign staffers that didn't contact the FBI when approached by russians leading up to the election. Repub members of the house and senate are complicit and involved in the cover up. I thought lying to congress was a crime?

NEW YORK – In a stunning reversal, the NRA has admitted to ABC News that it took money from Alexander Torshin, the Russian official and Vladimir Putin ally who is reportedly at the center of an FBI probe into “whether Russian money went to [the] NRA to help Trump” in 2016. The admission follows the NRA’s March 19 letter to Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR), in which the NRA’s General Counsel stated that the NRA received no money from “entities or individuals” connected to Russia during 2015-2016.

ABC’s reporting also comes a week after NPR reported that incoming National Security Advisor John Bolton — who previously headed the NRA’s international affairs subcommittee — recorded a video for Torshin’s Russian gun group praising “a new era of freedom” in Russia, and encouraging Russia’s government to loosen gun laws.

Brilliantati©
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Kat said:

From LA Times:

They're protecting more than Team Trump Treason. And they knew it and did nothing to stop it, just like all those Team trump Treason campaign staffers that didn't contact the FBI when approached by russians leading up to the election. Repub members of the house and senate are complicit and involved in the cover up. I thought lying to congress was a crime?

NEW YORK – In a stunning reversal, the NRA has admitted to ABC News that it took money from Alexander Torshin, the Russian official and Vladimir Putin ally who is reportedly at the center of an FBI probe into “whether Russian money went to [the] NRA to help Trump” in 2016. The admission follows the NRA’s March 19 letter to Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR), in which the NRA’s General Counsel stated that the NRA received no money from “entities or individuals” connected to Russia during 2015-2016.

ABC’s reporting also comes a week after NPR reported that incoming National Security Advisor John Bolton — who previously headed the NRA’s international affairs subcommittee — recorded a video for Torshin’s Russian gun group praising “a new era of freedom” in Russia, and encouraging Russia’s government to loosen gun laws.

they are protecting White Power.  They are protecting the means to continue this pattern.  Fuck them. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Could Mueller have said, "if I could, I would have charged him with obstruction of justice"?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Could Mueller have said, "if I could, I would have charged him with obstruction of justice"?
    That's what the democrats want him to answer if they can make him come and testify. 

A soundbite like that.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Mueller: YOU WANT ANSWERS?

Adam Schiff: WE WANT THE TRUTH!

Mueller: DONALD J TRUMP IS A GOD DAMN CROOK!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    No, according to the principles of his role. He and others have said that it would be prejudicial to suggest a concern about lawbreaking but not advance a charge, as it does not allow the individual to answer the charge in court. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    No, according to the principles of his role. He and others have said that it would be prejudicial to suggest a concern about lawbreaking but not advance a charge, as it does not allow the individual to answer the charge in court. 
    That's what I wanted to know.  So basically, he said about as much as he could say...at this point it's up to Congress to impeach and see where that goes.  I'd like to see impeachment hearings held...I am having my doubts though, in February the US Democrats will be in primary thought.  Have to wait and see.  The Dems sure as hell better make sure they get Ginsberg checked thoroughly weekly...imagine Donald getting to appoint a 3rd Supreme Court Judge.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    what he said isnt ambiguous. he said that exact thing wothout using those specific words.

to state if we were sure he didnt we'd say so THEN follow that up with a tutorial on the existing mechanism to get him out of office, which if it happened would allow indictment is very clear.

given we havent been here before, I believe its this way by him as a precedent. Its about the rule of law.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    What appears to have been lost in the kerfluffle of the Team Mueller press conference and CYA Barr’s folksy, Walter Brimly interview where he proved he has no soul, are that the judge in Roger Dodger Stoned’s case expressed exasperation at his defense claim that the Team Mueller investigation wasn’t legitimate, that Andrew Miller finally agreed to testify before the grand jury after a year or more of avoidance and the justice Department refused a court order to release the Flynn-Kislyik transcripts, and the judge plays hardball. It all has to make you wonder what they’re hiding. Unless you’re complicit. Haven’t seen much flamboyance from Rodger Dodger Stoned of late. Wonder why?

Brilliantati©
    What appears to have been lost in the kerfluffle of the Team Mueller press conference and CYA Barr’s folksy, Walter Brimly interview where he proved he has no soul, are that the judge in Roger Dodger Stoned’s case expressed exasperation at his defense claim that the Team Mueller investigation wasn’t legitimate, that Andrew Miller finally agreed to testify before the grand jury after a year or more of avoidance and the justice Department refused a court order to release the Flynn-Kislyik transcripts, and the judge plays hardball. It all has to make you wonder what they’re hiding. Unless you’re complicit. Haven’t seen much flamboyance from Rodger Dodger Stoned of late. Wonder why?
      doesnt want his bond revoked......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    And more likely, be remanded to jail. Wonder how Paulie manaforte and Michael Cohen are doing, doing time?

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    And more likely, be remanded to jail. Wonder how Paulie manaforte and Michael Cohen are doing, doing time?
    oh not more likely, judge was explicit thats what would happen

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    oh not more likely, judge was explicit thats what would happen
    I would hope someone somewhere is trying to goad him to do something stupid and be remanded to jail for the duration.

Brilliantati©
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited June 2019
    Last night there was a performance of 'The Investigation' , a dramatic reading of 10 parts of the Mueller Report by known actors (John Lithgow as Trump, Kevin Kline as Mueller and others). It was streamed live by Law Works (lawworksaction.org).

Today Mueller was issued a subpoena when they couldn't come to an agreement and he agreed to appear - July 17th 9AM before the House Intelligence and Judiciary consecutively in OPEN hearings. Then members of his team will appear in closed hearings. 

Between now and July 17th, I predict an increasing insanity in Trump's twitter feed and gaggles. 

Here's the link to 'The Investigation: A Search for the Truth in 10 Acts' , it is excellent....

https://youtu.be/8zUblhfv6GI

The Investigation was written by Robert Schenkkan, a Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award-winning screenwriter and playwright, and the live cast includes Annette Bening, Kevin Kline, John Lithgow, Frederick Weller, Ben Mckenzie, Michael Shannon, Noah Emmerich, Justin Long, Jason Alexander, Gina Gershon, Wilson Cruz, Joel Grey, Alyssa Milano, Kyra Sedgwick, Alfre Woodard, Piper Perabo, Zachary Quinto, and Aidan Quinn, with additional participation by Sigourney Weaver, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Mark Hamill and more.

Post edited by njnancy on
    Finally finished reading both volumes of the Team Mueller Report. Maybe I should have waited for the graphic version to come out by the author of Black Hawk Down? Anyway, observations to come but don’t take my word for it. Read it.

Brilliantati©
    Finally finished reading both volumes of the Team Mueller Report. Maybe I should have waited for the graphic version to come out by the author of Black Hawk Down? Anyway, observations to come but don’t take my word for it. Read it.

Celebs Stage Mueller Report Play 'The Investigation: A Search for the Truth in Ten Acts' | NowThis

https://youtu.be/jeGZ-xL6FNU