2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    NewJPage said:
    wtf is Big Bold and Free

Was supposed to be a free fan club show that didn't happen for a variety of reasons 

And is the reason the 10C never provides any information until the ink is dried.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    Get_Right said:
    You could put any year as there are no tour rumors! 

Rumors may be forthcoming

That's a rumor!

We got rumors, folks!

(Stays tuned to Alt Nation for the inside scoop.)
    Maybe Alt Nation can be more like The Onion and spoof their PJ stories and scoops?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Get_Right said:

That's a rumor!

We got rumors, folks!

Maybe Alt Nation can be more like The Onion and spoof their PJ stories and scoops?
    I would love that.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Get_Right said:

That's a rumor!

We got rumors, folks!

Their biggest PJ rumor story was when this thread changed from 2019 to 2020

I am not kidding:

https://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-awful-2019-tour-bombshell-revealed/
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^Comical^^^
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    i heard they will have a new album and tour dates which will be announced at a date later to be determined  
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Get_Right said:

That's a rumor!

We got rumors, folks!

Their biggest PJ rumor story was when this thread changed from 2019 to 2020

I am not kidding:

https://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-awful-2019-tour-bombshell-revealed/
    Nice!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    dr122931 said:
    i heard they will have a new album and tour dates which will be announced at a date later to be determined  
    I've heard the same. Seriously.
    rummy said:
    dr122931 said:

The announcement is forthcoming.

(Ah, that joke is getting old)
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    rummy said:
    dr122931 said:

It isn't old until AltNation runs with it.

My guess? New album by end of year....but why would they start the "new album tour" with non-USA dates?

Therefore..

New album and mini-USA tour late this year, Aus/NZ early next year and USA in spring 2020.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    rummy said:
    dr122931 said:

My guess? New album by end of year....but why would they start the "new album tour" with non-USA dates?

Therefore..

New album and mini-USA tour late this year, Aus/NZ early next year and USA in spring 2020.
    If this is true we should start hearing rumours in the next 6 weeks .  Mini U.S your would be announced by July at the latest.......just my two sense 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    rummy said:
    dr122931 said:

1995, 1998, 2000, 2003 all started overseas 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited May 2019
    I would guess that the band will play the U.S. in the fall since it will be near election day.  They probably regret being less politically vocal on the 2016 tour because they figured that Hillary would win and they wouldn't need to offend any of their fan base (win/win). 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    Today Bruce said that he and the E Street Band would be recording a new record in the fall and touring next year when it’s finished. It’s just that easy to keep your fans in the know.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    chadaw76 said:
    Today Bruce said that he and the E Street Band would be recording a new record in the fall and touring next year when it’s finished. It’s just that easy to keep your fans in the know.
    True.  But he already wrote the record.  They just need to record it.  He runs that show and it’s his way or the highway.  I don’t think Pearl Jam makes a record the same way as Bruce and the E Street Band.  Getting 5 people on the same page might be more of a challenge. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:
    True.  But he already wrote the record.  They just need to record it.  He runs that show and it’s his way or the highway.  I don’t think Pearl Jam makes a record the same way as Bruce and the E Street Band.  Getting 5 people on the same page might be more of a challenge. 

Yeah, I think Pearl Jam gets together to record, decides after a couple weeks later there aren't enough songs, and then takes another year off.  They book tours and then scratch them at the last minute.    

I'm totally jealous of the control they have over their lives.

on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:
    He's waiting for Nils to finish Neil obligations 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Finish up this killer album.. drop it on a random Tuesday free for everyone... announce a f’n tour with 3 shows at the Garden.. prove your the best band ever...
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:
    You are saying they need someone in the band who is like a Boss? Didn't Springsteen release a new album last week?
    edited May 2019
    on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:

Yeah, I think Pearl Jam gets together to record, decides after a couple weeks later there aren't enough songs, and then takes another year off.  They book tours and then scratch them at the last minute.    

And if (say) Stone wants to take a month to travel Japan or if Eddie wants to do Europe solo and take his kids and have it expensed as business, they can do that.

A month or two later, Jeff goes skateboarding in Montana for a few weeks and it is what it is.

They busted HARD for 10-15 years, followed by the next 5-7 years of lighter stuff, looking back and side projects. I can't blame them.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    I really wish bands would start thinking outside the box and figure out a way to monetize online concerts.  Imagine a month long virtual "tour."  Pearl Jam will do 15 "Self Pollution" style shows in their Seattle rehearsal space to be streamed live.  You can pay $15/show or $150 for the whole month. 
    So many of the bands I love aren't touring because of the travel, kids, whatever other hassles or commitments exist.  This would allow bands to "tour" without the promoter, tickets, politics, crew.
    Let me say before people jump all over me, this is not an alternative to touring, it's an alternative to NOT touring.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:

And if (say) Stone wants to take a month to travel Japan or if Eddie wants to do Europe solo and take his kids and have it expensed as business, they can do that.

A month or two later, Jeff goes skateboarding in Montana for a few weeks and it is what it is.

They busted HARD for 10-15 years, followed by the next 5-7 years of lighter stuff, looking back and side projects. I can't blame them.

They are one of the very few bands that can pull off such a light schedule. They dont need the money and they know their fans are coming back no matter what.

It's one thing to take a year off here and there. Its another thing when 25 shows is a "busy" year, no album in 6, and fans get teased about a song from their forthcoming album, then the band disappears for 16 months after disappearing 21 of the prior 24 months.

They earned this lifestyle.  A little heads up after the forthcoming gaffe woulda been nice.
    edited May 2019
    on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:

They are one of the very few bands that can pull off such a light schedule. They dont need the money and they know their fans are coming back no matter what.

It's one thing to take a year off here and there. Its another thing when 25 shows is a "busy" year, no album in 6, and fans get teased about a song from their forthcoming album, then the band disappears for 16 months after disappearing 21 of the prior 24 months.

They earned this lifestyle.  A little heads up after the forthcoming gaffe woulda been nice.

You're not wrong. I can see why they don't drop teasers about upcoming stuff, as we all know that stuff can pop up. It seems this record got the "Big, Bold and Free" treatment.

But whether Chris' death played in to it or whatever the deal is...an update: "we have five to six songs done or almost done and a few more ideas" would be appreciated. I still believe it did.

Let's say Chris doesn't die. Mike does his book, Eddie does his Euro thing, Matt finishes the Soundgarden tour and PJ reconvenes that winter and we already have the new PJ record and a couple tours...that's my guess.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    kaw753 said:
    on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:
    You are saying they need someone in the band who is like a Boss? Didn't Springsteen release a new album last week?
    While Ed is clearly the head guy, the rest of the band still seems to have a big say in things.  I don’t think the band could ever function like the E Street Band.  Bruce calls the shots and everyone else has to follow along.  I don’t think it’s like that in Pearl Jam even if Ed is the top dog.  I think the other guys still have a big say in their plans.  Plus Bruce will be 70 this year and all his kids are grown.  He has less family matters tying him down. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I really wish bands would start thinking outside the box and figure out a way to monetize online concerts.  Imagine a month long virtual "tour."  Pearl Jam will do 15 "Self Pollution" style shows in their Seattle rehearsal space to be streamed live.  You can pay $15/show or $150 for the whole month. 
    So many of the bands I love aren't touring because of the travel, kids, whatever other hassles or commitments exist.  This would allow bands to "tour" without the promoter, tickets, politics, crew.
    Let me say before people jump all over me, this is not an alternative to touring, it's an alternative to NOT touring.

It's an interesting idea but if they're gonna commit to a project like that, why not go into that space and make music? I see this more for a band who is at the other end of the spectrum and things are firing on all cylinders already.

And for some reason I feel compelled to say I wouldn't pay more than a couple bucks for something like that if I'd bother with it at all.
    pjl44 said:

It's an interesting idea but if they're gonna commit to a project like that, why not go into that space and make music? I see this more for a band who is at the other end of the spectrum and things are firing on all cylinders already.

And for some reason I feel compelled to say I wouldn't pay more than a couple bucks for something like that if I'd bother with it at all.
    I wouldn't tune in to watch a Pearl Jam show online.  Maybe if you could control which camera you view in case you wanted to see how McCready or Stone play a certain song.  I would need a bunch of people around to watch with that are excited about it (like at a theater or bar).  
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
      I would need a bunch of people around to watch with that are excited about it (like at a theater or bar).  
    Haha, we are so different. The people around me is the one thing I would like to remove from a concert. I want to be immersed in nothing but the music.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    pjl44 said:

I wouldn't tune in to watch a Pearl Jam show online.  Maybe if you could control which camera you view in case you wanted to see how McCready or Stone play a certain song.  I would need a bunch of people around to watch with that are excited about it (like at a theater or bar).  
    pjl44 said:

I would need a bunch of people around to watch with that are excited about it (like at a theater or bar).  
    Haha, we are so different. The people around me is the one thing I would like to remove from a concert. I want to be immersed in nothing but the music.
    I agree with you both.  I can see myself cranking it up at home but also cranking it up a bar or some venue with crazy fans.
    on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:

You're not wrong. I can see why they don't drop teasers about upcoming stuff, as we all know that stuff can pop up. It seems this record got the "Big, Bold and Free" treatment.

But whether Chris' death played in to it or whatever the deal is...an update: "we have five to six songs done or almost done and a few more ideas" would be appreciated. I still believe it did.

Let's say Chris doesn't die. Mike does his book, Eddie does his Euro thing, Matt finishes the Soundgarden tour and PJ reconvenes that winter and we already have the new PJ record and a couple tours...that's my guess.
    Soundgarden would have returned to the studio to finish their album then toured again. PJ would be about the same place 
    on2legs said:
    kaw753 said:
    on2legs said:
    chadaw76 said:
    While Ed is clearly the head guy, the rest of the band still seems to have a big say in things.  I don’t think the band could ever function like the E Street Band.  Bruce calls the shots and everyone else has to follow along.  I don’t think it’s like that in Pearl Jam even if Ed is the top dog.  I think the other guys still have a big say in their plans.  Plus Bruce will be 70 this year and all his kids are grown.  He has less family matters tying him down. 
    Was Bruce not playing and making music 15 years ago when he had younger kids? Of course he was. Don't blame kids on inactivity of the band.