Win a signed Wrigley field poster - support Give To Live in their cycling to Amsterdam fundraiser

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
edited May 2019 in The Porch
Here is a chance to win the amazing Ames Wrigley Field Poster from the Home Shows last year. This was (in my opinion of course) the knockout poster of the set. Classic design, and beautifully executed, add in that this is fully band signed and we have a true grail item available here. 

This was very generously donated by Pearl Jam to aid Tom in his latest fundraiser for his Given to Live project. 

Tom is taking Nicky, a survivor of terrible domestic abuse, to see Eddie in Amsterdam next month. However hes taking a different route there. Hes cycling all the way there over a period of weeks. Quite the task, and the perfect follow up to his long walk to London last year for the Pearl Jam show. He's doing this to raise much needed funds to further the goals of Given to Live and to ensure that they can continue their amazing work in giving other vulnerable, disadvantaged or seriously ill people a day to remember. Lifting the darkness one person at a time. I am lucky enough to consider Tom a very good friend, so know only too well how personally invested in this he is and how much it means to him. 

Given to Live have a new fundraiser running to support them through their summer months, and having this wonderful prize available sparked an idea that would hopefully give everyone a chance to win this poster. This isnt going to simply go to the deepest pocket which so often seems to be the case, but remain open to everyone to participate. 

Every one who donates £10 to Given to Live over the next 3 weeks in helping them reach their target of £5000 will be entered into a prize draw. £20 gets two entries and so forth. If you don't win, you've still helped change someones life. Its a win win scenario. 

So Please head over to https://www.gofundme.com/onegigatatime

and show your support. PLEASE PLEASE include your name so Tom can enter you into the draw. Annonymous donations are not going to be helpful if you want a chance to win ;)

If you want to learn more about Nicky and her story, here is a useful link

https://www.facebook.com/814123041937589/posts/2729026723780535

The fine Print : -

- Only donations made through the Go Fund Me link are eligible 
https://www.gofundme.com/onegigatatime

- The cost of shipping will be covered by Given To Live. Additional insurance and customs fees are the responsibility of the winner.

- The draw will be made by Nicky on the day of her Eddie Vedder show. This will be done live on this page.

- Each entry will be given a number based on the chronology of their entry. Eg First entry will be number 1, tenth will be number 10 etc.

- You may enter as often as you like.

- There is a small crease on the bottom right hand corner.

Post edited by pdalowsky on

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    a beautiful thing going on here. great work as always
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,730
    I love the opportunity for anyone and everyone here. My kudos. Zero chance this does not fetch the goal of $5,000.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    Outstanding!!!!

Good Luck Tom!!!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Such a great organization.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Awesome!
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

And away we go! 
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
    I love the opportunity for anyone and everyone here. My kudos. Zero chance this does not fetch the goal of $5,000.
    That would be fantastic. We’ve had to turn 5 people down so far this year simply due to not having the funds to do their show. 
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

ed243421 said:
    Outstanding!!!!

Good Luck Tom!!!
    🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
    Given To Live -

a beautiful thing going on here. great work as always
    Thank you, Mr S:)
    Given To Live -

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    IamTom said:
    That would be fantastic. We’ve had to turn 5 people down so far this year simply due to not having the funds to do their show. 
    Hopefully Tom, this fundraiser will ensure the next 5 are on the YES side ;)
    You are already over 20% of the way there.

I had been advocating for the band to put forth such charitable opportunities for everyone, feeling that may net a wider yield. Put my money where my mouth was.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    pdalowsky said:
    IamTom said:
    Hopefully Tom, this fundraiser will ensure the next 5 are on the YES side ;)
    Are YES still touring 🤔
    Given To Live -

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,817
    Very cool cause, I will donate when I get him from work.  I met Tom and Paul before a pj show back in 2016, I wish we had more time to talk. Good luck everyone!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    You are already over 20% of the way there.

I had been advocating for the band to put forth such charitable opportunities for everyone, feeling that may net a wider yield. Put my money where my mouth was.
    Thank you:) 

And 20% done feels so much better than the anxiety of 80% to go. Phew! 
    Given To Live -

This should increase fairly quickly I would guess. Got a lot of good folks around here AND it's a pretty bad ass gift.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Very cool cause, I will donate when I get him from work.  I met Tom and Paul before a pj show back in 2016, I wish we had more time to talk. Good luck everyone!
    There’s never enough time to chat before a show! 
    Given To Live -

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 686
    Good on all involved with this - what a wonderful thing you’re doing.

Given To Live -

Up
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Are people just waiting until closer to the show or something? I would have thought we would have made it to 60% of the goal by now.
    Updates?
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    1445 of 5000 raised (28.9% of goal).  55 people have contributed so far.  Drawing open for entries/donations until 5pm UK time on June 8th with the actual winner declared June 9th.  Given to Live’s Facebook page has all the details if I missed anything.
    1465 at this stage. 
    Given To Live -

Are people just waiting until closer to the show or something? I would have thought we would have made it to 60% of the goal by now.
    I sure hope so! 

Given To Live -

dcp3y said:
    1445 of 5000 raised (28.9% of goal).  55 people have contributed so far.  Drawing open for entries/donations until 5pm UK time on June 8th with the actual winner declared June 9th.  Given to Live’s Facebook page has all the details if I missed anything.
    So, there’s been £1000 raised for the ride that won’t go into the GFM to save on fees so it’s now a target of 4k:) 
    Given To Live -

64 tickets already in. 
    Given To Live -

Given To Live -

To save on confusion there is now a separate link for the poster. Keeping things simple. 

All current entries stand. 

https://chuffed.org/project/400-mile-cycle-ride-bike-to-amsterdam-download
    Given To Live -

Thank you, if any of you reside in this parish - 

Charlie Thomas 
    Zofia Krol 
    Jakob Oślak 
    Given To Live -

Given To Live -