2016 and 2018 Fan Club Singles?

Comments

• drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    on2legs said:
    I hope they never release the singles so people are cursed and must post here and wail and gnash their teeth for eternity. 
    Can I bite the recess lady's breast too?
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    on2legs said:
    I hope they never release the singles so people are cursed and must post here and wail and gnash their teeth for eternity. 
    I hope that,..nah, not worth it. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    on2legs said:
    Why?
    People complain about a lot of things that I may find to be not important. The 2 missing vinyls are a legitimate complaint, imo. But they probably will never be released so wishes can come true...
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    That's fine if they don't want to release them, but they've already been paid for. So just refund me the difference between analog and digital for each vinyl that I paid for and I'm good.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    That's fine if they don't want to release them, but they've already been paid for. So just refund me the difference between analog and digital for each vinyl that I paid for and I'm good.
    That’s a reasonable request. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    on2legs said:
    TOTALLY reasonable, and I'd be completely okay with that as well (although technically, digital members are supposed to get a fan club download once a year as well, so they're still "owed" a single too, albeit in a different format.) And that's been my point since I started this thread. Admittedly, I've been having a little fun with it by being somewhat snarky and seemingly more upset about than I truly am, but the fundamental point still holds true - $80 for 2 years of membership, where I didn't get those years' singles, Deep magazines, no shows anywhere near me I could have even hoped to attend...really nothing more for $80 than 2 poor quality t-shirts and the opportunity to buy MORE exclusive merch. It's not unreasonable to expect SOMETHING be delivered after 2 years, or refunded the amount paid accordingly. Maybe 25-30% of membership fee at least.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    on2legs said:
    TOTALLY reasonable, and I'd be completely okay with that as well (although technically, digital members are supposed to get a fan club download once a year as well, so they're still "owed" a single too, albeit in a different format.) And that's been my point since I started this thread. Admittedly, I've been having a little fun with it by being somewhat snarky and seemingly more upset about than I truly am, but the fundamental point still holds true - $80 for 2 years of membership, where I didn't get those years' singles, Deep magazines, no shows anywhere near me I could have even hoped to attend...really nothing more for $80 than 2 poor quality t-shirts and the opportunity to buy MORE exclusive merch. It's not unreasonable to expect SOMETHING be delivered after 2 years, or refunded the amount paid accordingly. Maybe 25-30% of membership fee at least.
    I agree. A partial refund wouldn't really be fair as you pointed out the digital members were supposed to get something too.  And part of an analog membership is still a digital single, so just not delivering and a partial refund wouldn't be right. They just need to deliver on what we paid for over 2 years ago or a full refund at this point honestly. 
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    What if they released the Murphys Bleachers stuff as one of the singles?  That'd be rad! Benny rehearsals, SNL rehearsals, something from Ohana, a few more tracks from PJ20....so much to consider. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    PSUS2H said:
    What if they released the Murphys Bleachers stuff as one of the singles?  That'd be rad! Benny rehearsals, SNL rehearsals, something from Ohana, a few more tracks from PJ20....so much to consider. 
    Agreed. They could totally give us something awesome. So much stuff out there they could put out on these singles. Hopefully they put a little time and thought into these last two. How about a bside?  We all know they have leftover stuff from the avocado and backspacer sessions. Or I love the idea of the Murphy rooftop performance 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    if it has to be live stuff, yes, do the murphy rooftop stuff. other than that, I would much prefer studio stuff, even if it's a demo. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    The rooftop stuff would be fantastic. I'm sure there's various things related to rights issues with SNL and all that, but if there isn't, that would be good too.

Even a song or two from Randall's Island would be enjoyable.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    if it has to be live stuff, yes, do the murphy rooftop stuff. other than that, I would much prefer studio stuff, even if it's a demo
    I'd listen...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 776
    The rest of the RnR HoF induction performances is another consideration.
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Throw 'Cold Confessions' and 'Let It Ride' on one, put 'Turn The Corner' and 'Anything In Between' on another make the artwork look alternate to their respected albums (or hell, put them on a double gatefold like the 95 single) and voila, not only do you have arguably the best annual single(s) ever, you already have the content and art to do it. 
    edited April 2019
    what is Turn The Corner?

edit: wow, I just googled this. a PJ track I never knew about!!!

edit 2: what is the "discontinued wagon project" that is in the description for this on youtube?
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622

edit 2: what is the "discontinued wagon project" that is in the description for this on youtube?
    Probably some fan made compilation of all those Binaural improvs. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Throw 'Cold Confessions' and 'Let It Ride' on one, put 'Turn The Corner' and 'Anything In Between' on another make the artwork look alternate to their respected albums (or hell, put them on a double gatefold like the 95 single) and voila, not only do you have arguably the best annual single(s) ever, you already have the content and art to do it. 
    Works for me!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I've never understood how songs can leak.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I am guessing I am not the first person to say this, but re-releasing Vault #1 as the long overdue 2016 fan club single would be stellar.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I am guessing I am not the first person to say this, but re-releasing Vault #1 as the long overdue 2016 fan club single would be stellar.
    2017, but I totally agree on concept! Hell I’d take a CD copy at this point but vinyl would be killer!
    I am guessing I am not the first person to say this, but re-releasing Vault #1 as the long overdue 2016 fan club single would be stellar.
    I'd prefer, as many others have said, something we don't have access to already. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Someone who works at the studio it was recorded at?  Someone at the label?  Who knows I don't understand it either, it feels like a violation of the band. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    PSUS2H said:
    Someone who works at the studio it was recorded at?  Someone at the label?  Who knows I don't understand it either, it feels like a violation of the band. 
    sometimes band members themselves do it, in cases where there was a dispute about their contract, and the record company refuses to release music the band wants to, so they do it themselves as a fuck you to their record company. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I think the most common way is tracks or CDs are given to friends and inevitably a friend of a friend borrows it and that may keep going and then someone ends up with a Disc or file and just uploads it. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    1-2 tracks getting out I'm sure is pretty common, its crazy how full albums or album sessions get out there. DMB has had 3 albums worth of material leak the way I said above. THATS nuts.

• my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335

I've never understood how they can be leaked and yet still never be officially released in any way, like on a vinyl single for example...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
    PSUS2H said:
    sometimes band members themselves do it, in cases where there was a dispute about their contract, and the record company refuses to release music the band wants to, so they do it themselves as a fuck you to their record company. 
    Lots of speculation that Trent Reznor did that many years ago...
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    PSUS2H said:
    PSUS2H said:
    What did he leak?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PSUS2H said:
    PSUS2H said:
    What did he leak?
    He leaked Year Zero before it dropped. 2006 and 2013 it is believe that he leaked the Broken video, he leaked about 400gbs of HD videos footage from three diffrent lights in the sky tour, and if you look up NIN Seeds he is assumed to have uploaded a few different playlists to a torrent site.  I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of. 
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    Trent gave away an entire album for free, a true artist 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12