Options

What is your favorite (or call it "greatest") bioregion in the world?

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Yeah, that looks amazingly beautiful but I would not pick the snow as my favorite.  (Why I moved from VT to CA when I was 18. )
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,931
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, that looks amazingly beautiful but I would not pick the snow as my favorite.  (Why I moved from VT to CA when I was 18. )
    Hmm... not a super snow fan either. But just seems to be one of those magical places. A small village surrounded by nothing. Would have loved to have visited. But whatever - I go to Iceland when Pearl Jam goes there.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Good setting for a horror movie
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,833
    Being from cherry hill what beach do you go to?  Avalon area?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,931

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    brianlux said:

Heres my favorite thanks to dealing with all you f’ers all the time! ;)

Detroit...
    Two people unclear on the concept of "bio- region".   (LOL, just giving your guys a bad time.  :wink: )

mcgruff10 said:
    My current spot and one of my favorite bioregions:

The current is absolutely my favorite spot, as well.

California or Cascadia seem to be my two favorites from where I have been.  Had to look up Bioregions to check out mapping.

California is tough to top.  It has everything -- ocean, forest, desert, mountains...no rainforest, I guess.

We're going to Yosemite next week- hopefully early enough to avoid the worse of the crowds.
    Such an amazing place.  (And pictures really do it little justice, most times..)  Enjoy it!
    Thanks!  Yeah for sure- a "must see"!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife likes Ocean City best.  Kids like Wildwood best.  I don't care so long as I have an umbrella above me and can have a beer/read a book.

Point Pleasant for you?  I forget...
  • Options
    And, I am partial to OC so that I can get Manco & Manco Sicilian pie.
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I love my bioregion because my bioregion is all I know.
    Im honestly not very well traveled but feel fortunate in the area of Michigan I live in.
    Some pics to share of my favorite hiking trails. These are all on the dunes of Lake Michigan.
    The pic with the road is just in the city. These are just from last couple of weeks, it’s early so not very green yet. Ill post more pics as I take them over the summer.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Hi! said:
    Im honestly not very well traveled but feel fortunate in the area of Michigan I live in.
    Some pics to share of my favorite hiking trails. These are all on the dunes of Lake Michigan.
    The pic with the road is just in the city. These are just from last couple of weeks, it’s early so not very green yet. Ill post more pics as I take them over the summer.

Michigan is a beautiful State.  I got a cousin and Aunt that live in Northern Michigan, does not get much better than that...

The UP is fantastic.

Great pics.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife likes Ocean City best.  Kids like Wildwood best.  I don't care so long as I have an umbrella above me and can have a beer/read a book.

Avon/Belmar/spring lake area.  
  • Options
    Hi! said:

Michigan is a beautiful State.  I got a cousin and Aunt that live in Northern Michigan, does not get much better than that...

The UP is fantastic.

Great pics.
    Thanks. I haven’t spent much time in the up but def beautiful, lots of spots I want to visit.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

The UP is fantastic.

Great pics.
    Thanks. I haven’t spent much time in the up but def beautiful, lots of spots I want to visit.
    Michigan is one of my favourite states.  You cannot judge Michigan on Detroit alone (however, even Detroit is coming back to life). 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Have yet to go to Avon.  Red Bank was one of the areas my wife wanted to buy in when we first moved back.  I wanted to be a Philly burb vs. a NYC burb.
    Both nice places, I am sure.
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 803
    Not natural but this is where I am right now. Chiang Rai in Thailand. A stunning place and who knows maybe it might inspire those who haven't heard of it to come to these parts.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

The UP is fantastic.

Great pics.
    Michigan is one of my favourite states.  You cannot judge Michigan on Detroit alone (however, even Detroit is coming back to life). 
    Detroit has been coming back for 20 years now, lol. I like Detroit, plenty of stuff to do.

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

The UP is fantastic.

Great pics.
    Detroit has been coming back for 20 years now, lol. I like Detroit, plenty of stuff to do.
    LOL.  It takes time to turn things around.  I am really glad that the LCA is downtown...brought back all the concerts from the palace.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Hi! said:

Given where I live, most of my hiking is in coniferous forests, so it's a real treat to see a deciduous forest. I'd love to be walking through those woods (even more so once they are in leaf). 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited April 2019
    My faves are temperate rain forests (as found up the coast of BC), as well as any major mountain range, such as the Rocky Mountains or the Swiss Alps, et al.
    FWIW, this thread really belongs in the AET. I get why it was posted here, but....

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Have yet to go to Avon.  Red Bank was one of the areas my wife wanted to buy in when we first moved back.  I wanted to be a Philly burb vs. a NYC burb.
    Both nice places, I am sure.
    I lived in red bank for five years. Definitely A cool little town.  

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

The UP is fantastic.

Great pics.
    LOL.  It takes time to turn things around.  I am really glad that the LCA is downtown...brought back all the concerts from the palace.
    Me too. Didn’t like the Palace. Seen PJ at the Joe, liked that, haven’t been to LCA yet.

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

The UP is fantastic.

Great pics.
    Me too. Didn’t like the Palace. Seen PJ at the Joe, liked that, haven’t been to LCA yet.
    I saw PJ at the Joe as well.  I saw McCartney at the LCA...great arena.  The Illitch's outdid themselves when building that arena...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

The UP is fantastic.

Great pics.
    I saw PJ at the Joe as well.  I saw McCartney at the LCA...great arena.  The Illitch's outdid themselves when building that arena...
    I forgot I went to the Joe for Outlaw music Festival a few yrs. back as well. That was fun. Hopefully my first time at LCA will be for PJ. Not sure who else I would want or be able to see there. Tool or Bruce maybe. Most bands I’m into play the Fox or the other smaller venues. DTE Theater outside venue is a decent venue but again like the Palace it’s outside the city not really by anything.
    Post edited by Hi! on

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

The UP is fantastic.

Great pics.
    I forgot I went to the Joe for Outlaw music Festival a few yrs. back as well. That was fun. Hopefully my first time at LCA will be for PJ. Not sure who else I would want or be able to see there. Tool or Bruce maybe. Most bands I’m into play the Fox or the other smaller venues. DTE Theater outside venue is a decent venue but again like the Palace it’s outside the city not really by anything.
    I was hoping Seger would finish his career at LCA...but he is very fond of DTE.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Hello from Laurentia! 

The Huron-Manistee National Forests extend over almost a million acres, including nearly 6,000 acres of wetlands. 

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Hello from Laurentia! 

The Huron-Manistee National Forests extend over almost a million acres, including nearly 6,000 acres of wetlands. 

Nice!  There was a wildlife preserve we visited years ago while passing through MI.  I'd have to look it up but I think it was near there.  Beautiful part of the country!

And I learned something new-- Laurentia!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    After Detroit, I choose Beruit...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    You have a strange notion of what is meant by a "bioregion", LOL.

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    The Grand Canyon
    Between the top and the bottom you go through 7 different climate zones.
    Used to guide the mule rides on the north rim summer 99.  
    On the top 9000 ft elevation it's like fall all summer. The bottom 200 ft is the same temperature as Phoenix pretty much.  100+ during the summer.  Doesn't pay much by best job I ever had. Actually the funnest job I ever had. Got to ride down and up it every day for a whole summer.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/HVSfHFjRVgC8c3Y56
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    You have a strange notion of what is meant by a "bioregion", LOL.

Think this was the actual place: