The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Hi! said:
    I’m fairly new to the edible game and I’ve talked a little about my experiences here. I was kind of on the fence, going between not really liking them and not sure. Well, I am here to say that I finally get it and I believe now that edibles are the way to go. I think the key is just finding out what dosage works for you. I have had some of the not so great experiences that everybody else talks about, but I think maybe I’m more tolerant to the high now and I know what dosage gives me a good high. I actually would eat edibles over smoking any time now. 100 mg edible sets me straight for like 4hrs. The high is much more consistent and slow. I don’t get burnt out like I would with smoking. Don’t get me wrong, you can take a killer nap on a edible, but I don’t feel like I get that instant high then come down that I would with smoking. It sets in slow and just maintains a nice even high for, like I said, 4 hrs. or so. I don’t jones for smoking weed when I’m on them either. I’ve been a smoker for over 20 yrs and I’m good on that when I’m on an edible. I got word on some tinctures, whatever that is. I’m hoping it’s the same kind of buzz without having to eat a sweet. Also, I love getting high and going for long hikes and edibles have really made that even more enjoyable. It’s crazy cause they basically just giving away pans of the fucking things, how can I say no? Lol.
    I sometimes think I should give them a try again.  I had the worst eve experience from consuming too much one time but before that, it had worked out very nicely a couple of times. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I’m fairly new to the edible game and I’ve talked a little about my experiences here. I was kind of on the fence, going between not really liking them and not sure. Well, I am here to say that I finally get it and I believe now that edibles are the way to go. I think the key is just finding out what dosage works for you. I have had some of the not so great experiences that everybody else talks about, but I think maybe I’m more tolerant to the high now and I know what dosage gives me a good high. I actually would eat edibles over smoking any time now. 100 mg edible sets me straight for like 4hrs. The high is much more consistent and slow. I don’t get burnt out like I would with smoking. Don’t get me wrong, you can take a killer nap on a edible, but I don’t feel like I get that instant high then come down that I would with smoking. It sets in slow and just maintains a nice even high for, like I said, 4 hrs. or so. I don’t jones for smoking weed when I’m on them either. I’ve been a smoker for over 20 yrs and I’m good on that when I’m on an edible. I got word on some tinctures, whatever that is. I’m hoping it’s the same kind of buzz without having to eat a sweet. Also, I love getting high and going for long hikes and edibles have really made that even more enjoyable. It’s crazy cause they basically just giving away pans of the fucking things, how can I say no? Lol.
    I sometimes think I should give them a try again.  I had the worst eve experience from consuming too much one time but before that, it had worked out very nicely a couple of times. 
    I ate 7 brownies since Friday morning, no problems to report, lol.
    I would suggest getting a 25mg edible to start and go from there until you’re used to it and find the dosage that works for you. If you were to eat like a 100mg or more your first time , I can totally see someone getting sick or whatever.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    I would suggest getting a 25mg edible to start and go from there until you’re used to it and find the dosage that works for you. If you were to eat like a 100mg or more your first time , I can totally see someone getting sick or whatever.
    That seems like a lot the brownies or any of the edibles I make 1 usually gets me high for 4hrs , I can only eat one a day ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    That seems like a lot the brownies or any of the edibles I make 1 usually gets me high for 4hrs , I can only eat one a day ..
    Yeah, it was. Now I’m all out, lol. I ate my last one last night and went for a long hike, listening to tunes, enjoying the lights and the moon. It was great.  Smoked a fat doobie this morning and am now making Easter dinner.🤪

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    Yeah, it was. Now I’m all out, lol. I ate my last one last night and went for a long hike, listening to tunes, enjoying the lights and the moon. It was great.  Smoked a fat doobie this morning and am now making Easter dinner.🤪
    nice sounds awesome enjoy I haven’t decided on what to consume here today yet it’s early , making breakfast and then a workout but most likely I’ll smoke some hash and later I’ll just do 2ml of tincture ...🤘
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    nice sounds awesome enjoy I haven’t decided on what to consume here today yet it’s early , making breakfast and then a workout but most likely I’ll smoke some hash and later I’ll just do 2ml of tincture ...🤘
    I need to try a tincture soon. Have a good day man🙂

Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    Thanks, Hi, I'll try that!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…

Ain’t that the truth!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Finally got my ID# from Maryland.  Gonna call to hopefully make an appointment next week for certification.
    Finally got my ID# from Maryland.  Gonna call to hopefully make an appointment next week for certification.

I love it when my hybrid drives me.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited May 2019
    I couldnt agree more. My experience  tells me prescribing  pharmaceuticals is nothing  more than  a scam
    sure helps me. however, I do know what you are saying. I had a hellish two or three years after stopping my meds abruptly, so I finally went back to my doc and he was (and always has been) way too quick to just toss an Rx at me. at my last appointment he even suggested I "self increase the dose" if I feel it necessary. that's crazy to me. you are supposed to increase or decrease at the advice of the doc, under supervision of said doc, not just "if you feel like it". he even joked "don't, like, go crazy or anything, just double it if you need to, but don't triple it". FFS. 

that's a very dangerous thing to tell people. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I would've called your doctor out on that, HFD.

As to edibles, unless you're experienced, most people are too impatient to allow enough time for it to do its thing and end up taking more too soon.  Or think taking a shitload at once is smart.  Instant gratification does not come from this medium; save that for flower or other methods.

For all the benefits of cannabis, I hope most if not all here realize that actual prescribed medicines are necessary and life-saving for some.  We probably all know someone - even ourselves? - who won't benefit from using pot occasionally or at all.

Just be smart about it (and hope your doctor is too).
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:
    I would've called your doctor out on that, HFD.

As to edibles, unless you're experienced, most people are too impatient to allow enough time for it to do its thing and end up taking more too soon.  Or think taking a shitload at once is smart.  Instant gratification does not come from this medium; save that for flower or other methods.

For all the benefits of cannabis, I hope most if not all here realize that actual prescribed medicines are necessary and life-saving for some.  We probably all know someone - even ourselves? - who won't benefit from using pot occasionally or at all.

Just be smart about it (and hope your doctor is too).
    I have in the past. I'm comfortable enough knowing what I'm doing with my meds what to do and what not to do. he's a bit of a tool, but one of the drawbacks of socialized healthcare is you don't have too much choice where it comes to doctors. most doctors don't take new patients. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

RSO liquified in a nice cup of hot tea...…… that's living :)

my2hands said:

My buddy used that during his cancer treatment.  It helped him immensely with keeping his appetite up.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:

My buddy used that during his cancer treatment.  It helped him immensely with keeping his appetite up.
    I have a good friend who did the same... unfortunately he's not doing well and his passing could be imminent 
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    edited May 2019

This made me laugh
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

I have a good friend who did the same... unfortunately he's not doing well and his passing could be imminent 
    Damn, so sorry to hear that. Hope things turn for the better. 
    edited May 2019
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.  Best wishes to you and your friend. 

And as we say, "Fuck Cancer".

Appointment for certification Weds evening.  Aaaand this weekend is my birthday.  Impeccable timing!

My first Maryland legal purchase. Goji OG flower 1/8, Northern Lights pre-rolls 2x 0.5g, & 0.5g disposable vape.

My first Maryland legal purchase. Goji OG flower 1/8, Northern Lights pre-rolls 2x 0.5g, & 0.5g disposable vape.
    Have fun getting ripped this weekend...looks like you'll have a great weekend.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Congratulations! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Congrats, Dyer! Enjoy!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,700
    I think its wonderful  how some of the world now view weed.
    Sadly here in england there is a stigma with anything  weed  related. 
    Enjoy your freedom.  It looks wonderful  .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Nice enjoy 🤘

Give Peas A Chance…