2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    Kings came back from 0-3 and won the championship, as well.
    They didn't win the cup, but the 2010 Flyers came back from 0-3 down in the 2nd round against the B's. They were down 3-0 in Game 7, too. That was a "fun" game to watch. :s
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    2014, most recent occurrence of such a feat!
    Fuckers!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    2014, most recent occurrence of such a feat!
    Fuckers!
    Yeah, buddy!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Only happened 4 times in 188 tries, and only 5 more have made it to Game 7.  118 have been swept.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Presidents' Trophy isn't a curse.  Its just really fucking hard to win a Stanley Cup, especially in a field of 16 teams and in 7-game series... plus the possibility of hitting a hot goaltender who tilts everything.

A team like the Lighting do raise a flag because they have had everything locked up for so long, playing a Columbus team who has been scrapping right to the end.  That edge could mean everything in hockey
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I think you have some good points.  Hockey is really a case where any team can go on a run and ruin the favorites' cup dreams.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Since the inception of the PT in 85/86 only 8 teams have won the cup...call it what you want...curse, jinx or whatever ... it appears the effort it takes to be regular season champion does not carry over to the playoffs.

Give Peas A Chance…
    Since the inception of the PT in 85/86 only 8 teams have won the cup...call it what you want...curse, jinx or whatever ... it appears the effort it takes to be regular season champion does not carry over to the playoffs.

4 more have made it to the Stanley Cup Finals, and 5 more have made it to the Conference Finals, though.  So half of them have at least put up a great effort, but that also means half crumbled.  I'm glad it's not predictable like the NBA.
    Is it the curse of a nation that no Canadian team raised the cup since the Habs in 1993?
    I call Montreal not winning the Cup since, 93 the curse of st. Patrick.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

4 more have made it to the Stanley Cup Finals, and 5 more have made it to the Conference Finals, though.  So half of them have at least put up a great effort, but that also means half crumbled.  I'm glad it's not predictable like the NBA.
    Totally agree here. I love  basketball,  but the concentration of the great players has made the first two rounds lame for a long time. 
    Give Peas A Chance…

The NBA sucks and has no place for conversation in a hockey thread... ;)
    Give Peas A Chance…

The NBA sucks and has no place for conversation in a hockey thread... ;)
    Amen to that!
    edited April 2019
    Except Rocky fought fairly.

And the NHL will not have the balls to suspend the piece of shit simply because he's a star player.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

And the NHL will not have the balls to suspend the piece of shit simply because he's a star player.
    I hate that Putin POS more than anyone, but why do you think that was unfair?
    dankind said:

Let me recap for you sissy Americans...2 guys dropped their gloves, 2 guys threw punches, one guy was clearly overmatched and got smacked on the way down...hardly the first time 2 combatants have continued punching once going down...You must enjoy Bettman's pussification of the league.  That was a great fight, no matter what the sissy announcer said at the end...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited April 2019
    Edited - do not want to be associated with the comment directly preceding my post.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Edited - do not want to be associated with the comment directly preceding my post.
    Gee, why not?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Let me recap for you sissy Americans...2 guys dropped their gloves, 2 guys threw punches, one guy was clearly overmatched and got smacked on the way down...hardly the first time 2 combatants have continued punching once going down...You must enjoy Bettman's pussification of the league.  That was a great fight, no matter what the sissy announcer said at the end...
    As a Canadian, I'm surprised you forgot to apologize to us before this stream of insults. 
    I don't see anything wrong with that fight.  5 minutes in the box, proper call, dealt with.  Unfortunate that Svechnikov got injured but no suspension necessary.  Head hit the ice as a result but Ovechkin did not "ram his head into the ice" as the announcer claimed.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    mrussel1 said:

Totally agree here. I love  basketball,  but the concentration of the great players has made the first two rounds lame for a long time. 
    There is a huge advantage leveraged in basketball based on star-power.  You get a team there more often than not with 60-70 wins.  The best players play a huge portion of the game and carry the ball more often than not.  They also dont have goalies who can randomly get hot and tilt the scales.  

Svechnikov should have known better than get into a fight with Ovechkin
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    That Carolina broadcast of the fight was Jack Edwards-like. Completely embarrassing.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    CBJ, BABY!!! one of “my” many teams.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Some Americans should stick to soccer, the NBA and baseball...us purist hockey fans have no problem with fisticuffs in hockey....
    Give Peas A Chance…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlK-IEXdiJY

One of the toughest fellows ever....
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Some Americans should stick to soccer, the NBA and baseball...us purist hockey fans have no problem with fisticuffs in hockey....
    Who are you talking to here?
    Hey now, leave baseball out of this! :angry:
    Bob Probert lived a few Kms from me when he passed away far too young...easily the nhls toughest character ever...
    Give Peas A Chance…