Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    Poncier said:
    Amazing that he didn't get called for the elbow when they reviewed the play. Smart earned his ejection, but Embiid deserved a flagrant 1.
    Good luck against the Pacers. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Poncier said:
    Amazing that he didn't get called for the elbow when they reviewed the play. Smart earned his ejection, but Embiid deserved a flagrant 1.
    Thanks.
    Maybe we'll see you in the ECF.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Thanks.
    Maybe we'll see you in the ECF.
    Perhaps
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Ugh, going to the game and no one is going to be playing on Thursday.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    Ugh, going to the game and no one is going to be playing on Thursday.
    Maybe they’ll ask you to play? 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JJ Reddick sets the sixers mark for most three pointers in a season :clap:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Well winning 16 in a row or whatever it was last year got us a second round exit. Now they’re seeing what happens when stumbling to the finish line!

Pathetic effort the last week or so. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe if Ben would have shot the ball more than five times they might have won last night. :angry:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Fuck the fucking sixers. Went to the game, ended up a Delilah’s and 700 club until 3:30. Spent $500. Glasses are gone. Phone is broken
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Fuck the fucking sixers. Went to the game, ended up a Delilah’s and 700 club until 3:30. Spent $500. Glasses are gone. Phone is broken
    I don't see the problem. Sounds like a great night.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    I don't see the problem. Sounds like a great night.
    This is a fair point.  Too much fun.  The wife is none too pleased, but oh well.  Can't win em all.
  • Options
     Cliffy6745 said:

Definitely sounds like it was the Sixers' fault. You should sue. B)
  • Options
    Poncier said:
     Cliffy6745 said:

Definitely sounds like it was the Sixers' fault. You should sue. B)
    It did get a little fuzzy when the bartender at the game gave me something like a pint of Jameson
  • Options
    Cliff that sounds like many a night out for me back in....2003ish

I’d be sidelined for at least 2-3 days doing that nowadays. God bless you. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliff that sounds like many a night out for me back in....2003ish

I’d be sidelined for at least 2-3 days doing that nowadays. God bless you. 
    I have felt better, to say the least...

decided I had a great fucking time. Took some time to overcome what I was going through 
  • Options
    3 seed locked up. Rest everyone now?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,766
    If they fuck up this first round then I think it's time to hook Brown.
  • Options
    It’s unfortunate for Brown because he should get another year to work with this lineup. They’ve only been on the court for ten games so far. But I think if they don’t make it to the ECF, they’re going to need a scapegoat. A first round loss? Yeah definitely. The Nets always give them problems but there’s just too much talent to lose to them though, even if Jo misses a couple games. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    well if they could make their 3 pointers and free throws it would have been a different story. Simmons, Redick and Harris did not play well at all. Better win on Monday!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    edited April 2019
    It’s unfortunate for Brown because he should get another year to work with this lineup. They’ve only been on the court for ten games so far. But I think if they don’t make it to the ECF, they’re going to need a scapegoat. A first round loss? Yeah definitely. The Nets always give them problems but there’s just too much talent to lose to them though, even if Jo misses a couple games. 
    agree, i mean who could have foreseen Embiid having to miss a bunch of games in his career due to injuries :confused:

the only good that might come out of an early loss and Brown being fired is they take Jay Wright away from nova.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    pjhawks said:
    agree, i mean who could have foreseen Embiid having to miss a bunch of games in his career due to injuries :confused:

the only good that might come out of an early loss and Brown being fired is they take Jay Wright away from nova.
    You said he would never be healthy.

I’m on record as saying I’d keep him on a minutes restriction and give him rest days for his entire career. No back to backs ever, mostly.   Gotta preserve this guys health as long as possible.  

At one point early in the season I think he was leading the league in minutes played. No need for that. 

Either way, it’s not just Embiid I was talking about. Butler missed a bunch of time too. They have not had much time to develop chemistry yet. 

And Jay’s not going anywhere. He has his dream job already.  
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

You said he would never be healthy.

I’m on record as saying I’d keep him on a minutes restriction and give him rest days for his entire career. No back to backs ever, mostly.   Gotta preserve this guys health as long as possible.  

At one point early in the season I think he was leading the league in minutes played. No need for that. 

Either way, it’s not just Embiid I was talking about. Butler missed a bunch of time too. They have not had much time to develop chemistry yet. 

And Jay’s not going anywhere. He has his dream job already.  
    for what it's worth, i talked to someone very close to jay, who says the only job jay would leave for is the sixers, and that josh harris (a nova guy) is interested in jay.  

I think the Sixers win tonight but this series is going to be tight.  I still think they win it but it won't be easy and they are probably going out in the next round.
  • Options
    I think Harris went to Penn
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Here's the Philadelphian in me: Boo Ben Simmons for eternity.
  • Options
    ....or at least until he develops a jump shot?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So likely eternity. ;)
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    So likely eternity. ;)
    You're both right.

If they were to win the next 17 championships with him then boo him out of spite. Big fan of the Spite Boo.

This is what I was eluding to in that article about why he wouldn't do the rookie thing and do something stupid as pick up Chik Fil A for the team. Someone commented that rookie hazing is stupid, which is true....and definitely not the point. Just pick up the Chik Fil A, and it speaks more to who he thinks he is. Which is a fucking pussy.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'm late but we had more players on the court that didn't want to shoot than would actual shoot the ball. I know it's TJ but down 16 and wide open for a corner 3, just take it. Harris and Ben were awful. How can you run an offense when players won't shoot? 3 of 5 starters took the day off. And, shut up Ben.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I think Harris went to Penn
    yes my bad. it was dbag Michael Rubin that went to nova.  which explains why he is such a dbag.
  • Options
    yea let's boo a guy who was rookie of the year and an all-star in his 2nd season (in probably the toughest league to be an all-star). these are the same morons who used to boo ryan howard. i love this town some times

yea he said something dumb after game 1 but at least he wasn't looking at a cell phone laughing on the bench.