2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MVP!!!!

I find it hard to believe he actually said this?

He is this years MVP though but I do like that Westbrook is averaging a triple double for the THIRD STRAIGHT SEASON!!!
    I hate Westbrook like most of you hate Harden..
    I am starting to love him more as I do Harden and his traveling ass.

Westbrook plays hard and he distributes the ball so he isn't this "me, me, I , I" player everyone makes him out to be.

I am enjoying real ball players rather than people like John Wall.  Now his counterpart, Beal, he can team ball.
    I am not a Westbrook fan, although I do appreciate his athleticism, passion and determination.

For me the Triple Double is fast becoming the most over rated stat in basketball. Having watched basketball for nearly 40 years, what constitutes an assist in today's game is becoming looser and looser. I've seen assists awarded for a pass to a player on the 3 point line, who then dribbles, crosses a player and then drives to the basket. No way in hell was that ever an assist and it wasn't as little as 10 years ago. And this is not a go at Westbrook, but the league. I've seen ridiculous assists awarded to multiple players lots of times this year, who's passes should not have been awarded an assist.
    Look at the frequency that triple doubles are occurring across the whole league, Eflrid Payton had 4 games in a row with Triple Doubles!!
    And any team that allows their PG to get 20 boards, is playing for stats. The OKC players box out, with no intent on getting the rebound, unless Russ can't get to it. When the figures came out about 2 weeks ago on what Westbrook needed to average a Triple Double again for the year, I was sure that he would do everything he could to get those numbers, and I was right. 
    He is a VERY good player, and absolutely in the upper echelon in the NBA, but for me, he's not even the best player on his team and would not currently be in my Top 10
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MVP!!!!

He is this years MVP though but I do like that Westbrook is averaging a triple double for the THIRD STRAIGHT SEASON!!!

Westbrook plays hard and he distributes the ball so he isn't this "me, me, I , I" player everyone makes him out to be.

I am enjoying real ball players rather than people like John Wall.  Now his counterpart, Beal, he can team ball.
    I am not a Westbrook fan, although I do appreciate his athleticism, passion and determination.

For me the Triple Double is fast becoming the most over rated stat in basketball. Having watched basketball for nearly 40 years, what constitutes an assist in today's game is becoming looser and looser. I've seen assists awarded for a pass to a player on the 3 point line, who then dribbles, crosses a player and then drives to the basket. No way in hell was that ever an assist and it wasn't as little as 10 years ago. And this is not a go at Westbrook, but the league. I've seen ridiculous assists awarded to multiple players lots of times this year, who's passes should not have been awarded an assist.
    Look at the frequency that triple doubles are occurring across the whole league, Eflrid Payton had 4 games in a row with Triple Doubles!!
    And any team that allows their PG to get 20 boards, is playing for stats. The OKC players box out, with no intent on getting the rebound, unless Russ can't get to it. When the figures came out about 2 weeks ago on what Westbrook needed to average a Triple Double again for the year, I was sure that he would do everything he could to get those numbers, and I was right. 
    He is a VERY good player, and absolutely in the upper echelon in the NBA, but for me, he's not even the best player on his team and would not currently be in my Top 10
    Who are your top 10 in the NBA?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    lebron ran off magic :lol:  
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    fuck a bunch of mason plumlee :angry:  

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Wobbie said:
    lebron ran off magic :lol:  
    would appear so
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    GOAT Nowitzki !!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    He should have a Rondo jersey in the collection with the left sleeve bent in a unnatural position.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I saw this yesterday.  

If you haven't you need to watch this.  Very moving.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I saw this yesterday.  

that was awesome. have to admit some tears welled up watching that. always liked Dwayne. don't know anyone who has ever said a bad word about the guy.
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MVP!!!!

Currently  they'd be - 
    Not in any order
    Giannis
    Curry
    Harden
    Durant
    AD
    Kawhi
    Embiid
    PG
    Lebron
    Jokic

Lillard/Irving/Westbrook/KAT are all in the next group of players

No Coder said:
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MVP!!!!

Currently  they'd be - 
    Not in any order
    Giannis
    Curry
    Harden
    Durant
    AD
    Kawhi
    Embiid
    PG
    Lebron
    Jokic

uh, did you see how jokic matched up against gobert last night?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    No Coder said:
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MVP!!!!

Currently  they'd be - 
    Not in any order
    Giannis
    Curry
    Harden
    Durant
    AD
    Kawhi
    Embiid
    PG
    Lebron
    Jokic

uh, did you see how jokic matched up against gobert last night?
    Yeah, that's my bad - Gobert is definitely in the conversation for top 10, but he would be just outside for me.

I do think Jokic is an overall better player, but he can have games where he struggles and obviously Gobert is a much better defender, but Gobert does not offer anywhere near what Jokic can on Offense. Gobert is very effective in finishing on offense (I think top of the league in percentage around the rim), but he can not create anything for himself or others generally

pjhawks said:
    I saw this yesterday.  

that was awesome. have to admit some tears welled up watching that. always liked Dwayne. don't know anyone who has ever said a bad word about the guy.
    ‘cept his momma didn’t know how to spell Dwayne. I never liked chipmunk cheeks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    No Coder said:
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MVP!!!!

Currently  they'd be - 
    Not in any order
    Giannis
    Curry
    Harden
    Durant
    AD
    Kawhi
    Embiid
    PG
    Lebron
    Jokic

you list some great players, but....donovan mitchell?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    No Coder said:
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MVP!!!!

Currently  they'd be - 
    Not in any order
    Giannis
    Curry
    Harden
    Durant
    AD
    Kawhi
    Embiid
    PG
    Lebron
    Jokic

Good player, but in no way a top 10 player in the league.
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    No Coder said:
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MVP!!!!

Currently  they'd be - 
    Not in any order
    Giannis
    Curry
    Harden
    Durant
    AD
    Kawhi
    Embiid
    PG
    Lebron
    Jokic

Good player, but in no way a top 10 player in the league.
    Mitchell is a very good young player and will keep rising, but he's not near the top 10 yet and others  (Beal/Klay Thompson) still slightly edge him as a SG. He may overtake them soon though. 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Mitchell’s a gunner. He’s not a great player. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah I'd say Klay Thompson's edge over Mitchell is way more than "slight". Thompson is an elite defender in addition to being one of the best shooters in the league.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    edited April 2019
    bucks
    celtics

raptors
    nets

warriors
    rockets

nuggets
    thunder

celtics
    raptors

warriors
    thunder

celtics
    warriors

celtics
    Post edited by ed243421 on
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

edited April 2019
    ^Looks good to me.

Edit: Except you have matchups wrong, Celts would draw the Bucks in round 2 assuming both advance.
    Post edited by Poncier on
    if nets beat sixers???
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:
    if nets beat sixers???
    Yeah, NBA doesn't reseed. So winner of 1 vs. 8 plays winner of 4 vs. 5, and winner of 2 vs. 7 plays winner of 3 vs. 6 regardless.
     Oh ya!
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Mitchell’s a gunner. He’s not a great player. 

he gets a lot of his points on drives to the rim.

but yeah, unlike simmons, he can actually score from outside of 10 feet.

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK......my jazz drew the rockets. I could see the jazz beating almost anyone else, but not the hardens :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    No Coder said:
    No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    MVP!!!!

Currently  they'd be - 
    Not in any order
    Giannis
    Curry
    Harden
    Durant
    AD
    Kawhi
    Embiid
    PG
    Lebron
    Jokic

No Thompson?  Dude should be in there before Embiid, PG or Jokic.

Westbrook should be in there before Jokic or PG.

But eh.  We have different opinions.

I think Beal is a stud too.
    Bucks on finals..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Bucks on finals..
    Delusional...
    23scidoo said:
    Bucks on finals..
    Delusional...
    I'll be around..
    First boom on Philly..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Bucks on finals..
    Delusional...
    I'll be around..
    First boom on Philly..
    Philly just lost to the Nets...