Options

2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    mrussel1 said:
    Siakm played amazing.  His elevated play will be huge going forward.

Lowry taking those charges.

Gasol D'd up nice.

All these things made for a win considering Kawhi and Lowry weren't their usual selves and Curry had a very off night.

Where was the third quarter onslaught from GS that we usually see?

Keep it up Toronto!!!
    How bad was Lowry?  My God.  They need points from him because you can't count on that type of production from Gasol every night.  He disappears on the offensive end.  And you can't expect Siakm to hit 14 in a row either.  
    Great win though.  It really stifling, even with Boogie back.  I was impressed.  
    Forgot to mention that Igoudala won't be playing anymore looks like too.

Yes Lowry was non existent.

I also forgot to mention Van Fleet.  Since his baby being born this dude has been reborn.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    mrussel1 said:

Gasol D'd up nice.

All these things made for a win considering Kawhi and Lowry weren't their usual selves and Curry had a very off night.

Keep it up Toronto!!!
    How bad was Lowry?  My God.  They need points from him because you can't count on that type of production from Gasol every night.  He disappears on the offensive end.  And you can't expect Siakm to hit 14 in a row either.  

I also forgot to mention Van Fleet.  Since his baby being born this dude has been reborn.
    I forgot Iggy hobbled off holding the hammy.  At his age, that's no good.  Now they lose their best defender.  Who's going to D up Leonard?  Suddenly GSW looks like they are in trouble.  Durant coming back in 3/4 obviously is the most critical factor, but there's no guarantee that he won't tweak again in the heat of battle, especially if he is forced to play Leonard consistently.  I don't think Klay has a chance to cover him all game. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477
    mrussel1 said:

Gasol D'd up nice.

Keep it up Toronto!!!

That sucks for GSW if Igoudala is out too. That would be 3 key pieces either not playing are aren't %100(Cousins).

Raptors better win it all this year. No lock Loenard will be back and Gasol & Lowery are getting up ther in age.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:

Gasol D'd up nice.

Keep it up Toronto!!!

That sucks for GSW if Igoudala is out too. That would be 3 key pieces either not playing are aren't %100(Cousins).

Raptors better win it all this year. No lock Loenard will be back and Gasol & Lowery are getting up ther in age.
    Gasol is 34, Lowry 33.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Seen this movie before.  Hope the Raptors win it all but my money is on GS regrouping and winning four of the next five.
  • Options
    Seen this movie before.  Hope the Raptors win it all but my money is on GS regrouping and winning four of the next five.
    Winning might be a given for GS which may be a downfall.  Let's see.
  • Options
    Something I am glad the announcers are discussing is how much Curry moves around the court.  

That dude is everywhere and can hit from anywhere.

Klay moves a bunch too.

Toronto had great ball movement also when Kawhi hit a double/triple team wall.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Something I am glad the announcers are discussing is how much Curry moves around the court.  

Klay moves a bunch too.

Remember Rip Hamilton? Curry reminds me of how he runs around teammates without the ball. Except Curry runs out further and obviously can hit from anywhere.
  • Options

Klay moves a bunch too.

Remember Rip Hamilton? Curry reminds me of how he runs around teammates without the ball. Except Curry runs out further and obviously can hit from anywhere.
    I loved Hamilton, Jordan Team member.

Reggie Miller used to move a bunch too.
  • Options
    Only watched parts of the game, Fear Walking Dead was on, Toronto looked flat last night...
  • Options
    Only watched parts of the game, Fear Walking Dead was on, Toronto looked flat last night...
    An 18-0 run will kill you every time.   Toronto was the better team basically the whole game.  That single run and then Iggy's 3 late.  Very disappointing.  Toronto let that get away.  Klay is hobbled now too.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    An 18-0 run will kill you every time.   Toronto was the better team basically the whole game.  That single run and then Iggy's 3 late.  Very disappointing.  Toronto let that get away.  Klay is hobbled now too.  
    Only saw part of the Klay injury.  I need to see more of what happened.

I was shocked it see Iggy out there, shocked.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    At the first six minutes of the 3rd qrt, we saw the perfect basketball from GSW..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    At the first six minutes of the 3rd qrt, we saw the perfect basketball from GSW..
    Typical 3rd quarter barrage from them.

Their ball movement is impeccable.
  • Options
    On this day Jordan hits all those 3's and shrugs.

I remember watching this game and was in awe at the time.
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19515102

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Klay tried to get a foul on a 3 and stuck his leg out and landed awkwardly; kinda did the split.  Then got real pissed-off at the refs for not calling a foul. Then they showed the replay and it doesn't look like anyone touched him. LOL 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Klay tried to get a foul on a 3 and stuck his leg out and landed awkwardly; kinda did the split.  Then got real pissed-off at the refs for not calling a foul. Then they showed the replay and it doesn't look like anyone touched him. LOL 
    Finally watched it, he did get hip checked.
  • Options
    The officiating in this game is atrocious. On both sides
  • Options
    Man the missing of a Splash brother really brings the Warriors out of any contention.  They are just a normal NBA team without Klay.  I've always said that I think Klay is better than Curry.  They are a Batman and Robin duo though.  The whole rest of the team can interchange but those two need to be paired up.

The Raptors are playing well together.  I still think they are a step off from game 1 but are playing well.  Green and Lowery stepped up last night.  Kawhi played great.  

The whole starting lineup for Toronto was in double digits.

Much respect to Curry for trying to win the game by himself, diving for balls, stealing, dropping 47.  

I believe Toronto will pull this off and this will be Durant's exit.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    He has also been banned from attending any more games in the finals...must not be a large investor...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    He has also been banned from attending any more games in the finals...must not be a large investor...lol
    The Raptors should hire Charles Oakley for security over there, lol.
  • Options
    LOL.  The sad part for the Raptors is that they should be up 3-0.  And if KD comes back Friday the Raptor are going to need to up their game.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    LOL.  The sad part for the Raptors is that they should be up 3-0.  And if KD comes back Friday the Raptor are going to need to up their game.
    Yes they blew game 2.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes they blew game 2.
    True.
  • Options
    I remain hopeful the Raptors can win.  KD will not be a 100%, and who knows if he comes back...I'm sure GS likes to keep it in Toronto's mind that he is coming back...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I wouldn't bet on KD but Klay seems locked.  Looney evidently might come back too.  Toronto needs to play better,  more consistently on the offensive end.  They have droughts when the double team hits Kawhi.  Takes too long for them to adjust.  Lowrie looked good though. That was nice. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I wouldn't bet on KD but Klay seems locked.  Looney evidently might come back too.  Toronto needs to play better,  more consistently on the offensive end.  They have droughts when the double team hits Kawhi.  Takes too long for them to adjust.  Lowrie looked good though. That was nice. 
    They've been quadruple teaming Kawhi and no one is moving around to get the ball from him.  I get so angry seeing that!
  • Options
    Looney, Klay in... Durant out. No surprises.  Toronto needs a win.  They can close it out and possibly never have to see KD.