Options

2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452
    mrussel1 said:
    Looney, Klay in... Durant out. No surprises.  Toronto needs a win.  They can close it out and possibly never have to see KD.
    Have  to wonder how well those 2 can play.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Looney, Klay in... Durant out. No surprises.  Toronto needs a win.  They can close it out and possibly never have to see KD.
    Have  to wonder how well those 2 can play.
    Klay is good so far..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Looking good though.  Close it out.  
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    His eye is leaking
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    edited June 2019
    Why does Curry keep on hesitating on his 3s? Happened 4 times now. Really messing him up. Like a weird pause in motion
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Close this game out Toronto.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    Why does Curry keep on hesitating on his 3s? Happened 4 times now. Really messing him up. Like a weird pause in motion
    Trying to draw a foul.
  • Options
    Wow, wow, wow. 

The Warriors are flustered, they are actually flustered.

The Raptors are playing sound basketball.  

Lowry isn't scoring but he's playing good ball.  Ibaka played well, Siakm, Green, Vanfleet.  All sound.

Kawhi is amazing.

Wow, just wow.
  • Options
    This was their best game of the series. Great defense and sound offense. 
  • Options
    Toronto will be rocking all weekend into Monday...may just as well declare a holiday on Monday, productivity will not be happening on Monday.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    Toronto will be rocking all weekend into Monday...may just as well declare a holiday on Monday, productivity will not be happening on Monday.
    I'm thinking about booking Tuesday off, just in case. It could be a long night
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    Just gotta keep Durant off the court
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    They are just a jump shooting team right now with no inside threat.  I love seeing the frustration. 
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    I think it ends on Monday.  No way I thought Toronto would win 2 in GS.  Enjoy Monday and into the wee hours of Tuesday.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    They are just a jump shooting team right now with no inside threat.  I love seeing the frustration. 
    Why they don't pound inside w Green is beyond me.  He's strong enough to post up against most NBA players.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Why they don't pound inside w Green is beyond me.  He's strong enough to post up against most NBA players.
    It's just not his game.  Remember they used Bogut and others in the past to serve that role.  He thinks he's Magic. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    mrussel1 said:
    Ive never thought of Draymond as a post player tho.  Gasol forces you to be back-to-the-basket post guy even if you try.  Green doesn't have the skills
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It's just not his game.  Remember they used Bogut and others in the past to serve that role.  He thinks he's Magic. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Ive never thought of Draymond as a post player tho.  Gasol forces you to be back-to-the-basket post guy even if you try.  Green doesn't have the skills
    He has that big body and godd get the ball then dish it out.  Again, I don't know why they don't use him for this.

I understand it's not his forte but he should be able to post up and pass it back.  It'd take Gasol off the double team.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    He has that big body and godd get the ball then dish it out.  Again, I don't know why they don't use him for this.

I understand it's not his forte but he should be able to post up and pass it back.  It'd take Gasol off the double team.
    Hey I'm with you that he should do that, but the reality is that we never see him in the post like a true big man.  I don't see him starting in game 5.  
  • Options
    A report has surfaced that Leonard has purchased a 12 million dollar home in Toronto.  He has denied making such a purchase...who knows?

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Durant has been cleared for practice!
  • Options
    He did not practice long and was the 1st back to the locker room...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    A report has surfaced that Leonard has purchased a 12 million dollar home in Toronto.  He has denied making such a purchase...who knows?

If the Raptors win the title he's gone. It matters none if the city offers him free restaurant dining for him and his family for life, lol.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

If the Raptors win the title he's gone. It matters none if the city offers him free restaurant dining for him and his family for life, lol.

Peace
    I've mentioned this before about Toronto, they are a HUGE basketball city and love, love, love their players and show them as much.

You think DeRozan wanted to leave?  Hell no.

I think Kawhi stays for a while.  
  • Options
    g under p said:

Peace
    If they lose, does he stay?  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    g under p said:

Peace
    If they lose, does he stay?  
    Should I stay or should I go...
  • Options
    Is lying, mot likely...he may have put an offer on a home...still may not have been accepted yet.  Best to 1st close out GS, then worry about homes...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Raptors in 5.  Good to see someone new at the top!