Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited April 2019
    Buy one on Saturday and if you like the 10C version better, buy it and sell your RSD copy to recoup your cost. There will still be people wanting a copy, and wanting it for cost. Really not that big of a deal. We all buy sell & trade things here ALL the time. Why should this album be treated any differently?
    What you are describing is still a much bigger deal than it should/could be. Around 1000% more of a big deal considering it could have been no deal at all.

Why go and bat for these coldwar levels of transparency? Just can't fathom any fans motive in doing so. They said they have another version of the product, but still want fans to be stressed out and in the dark about it when people rush into record shops on saturday - yeah lets go and defend that!
    It's not a big deal and it really is, as you put it, no deal at all.  You're making it a big deal.
    Yeah okey sure, I'm making it a big deal. Any deal regarding the band and their practices is worthy of discussing on the message board.

And the "I think us fans should just buy it, then buy the other one and sell the first one! Easy pieces!" instead of tenclub giving proper information is just ludacris. You thinking that's a great solution sounds like republicans bending backwards to defend Trumps tweets.
    Why is that such a problem with this album when it's never been a problem with ANYTHING else ever released?  It's not a lack of communication, as already stated.  They said keep your eyes peeled at a later date.  They never said "We'll let you know before RSD."  There has been no duplicity.  You're making a mountain out of an ant hill.
    What do you mean, what parallels to other things released do you, dear sir, refer to?
    I've mentioned it twice before.  No one has ever had an issue standing in lines, buying mulitple copies of things, using as trade bait, or selling/flipping anything else this band has ever released.  Suddenly it's an issue with this release?
    What has buying multiple copies, trade bait or selling/flipping to do with what anything I'm saying? Where have I said I'm interested in buying multiple copies, or flip or standing in lines??
    OK, let me break this down for you.  Given that:
    1) You apparently can't make a decision to buy Saturday or wait for 10 and, 
    2) I offered a solution to buy both and sell one later, which you've responded is a bunch of extra work, is ludicrous, and compared it to republicans shuffling to defend Trump.
    Therefore, we must then conclude that:
    3) You obviously think that buying multiple copes and reselling the copy you don't want to keep is a big problem.
    And my response to that is:
    4) That has never been a problem with anything else before, so why now?
    You follow me now?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited April 2019
    Buy one on Saturday and if you like the 10C version better, buy it and sell your RSD copy to recoup your cost. There will still be people wanting a copy, and wanting it for cost. Really not that big of a deal. We all buy sell & trade things here ALL the time. Why should this album be treated any differently?
    What you are describing is still a much bigger deal than it should/could be. Around 1000% more of a big deal considering it could have been no deal at all.

Why go and bat for these coldwar levels of transparency? Just can't fathom any fans motive in doing so. They said they have another version of the product, but still want fans to be stressed out and in the dark about it when people rush into record shops on saturday - yeah lets go and defend that!
    It's not a big deal and it really is, as you put it, no deal at all.  You're making it a big deal.
    Yeah okey sure, I'm making it a big deal. Any deal regarding the band and their practices is worthy of discussing on the message board.

And the "I think us fans should just buy it, then buy the other one and sell the first one! Easy pieces!" instead of tenclub giving proper information is just ludacris. You thinking that's a great solution sounds like republicans bending backwards to defend Trumps tweets.
    Why is that such a problem with this album when it's never been a problem with ANYTHING else ever released?  It's not a lack of communication, as already stated.  They said keep your eyes peeled at a later date.  They never said "We'll let you know before RSD."  There has been no duplicity.  You're making a mountain out of an ant hill.
    What do you mean, what parallels to other things released do you, dear sir, refer to?
    I've mentioned it twice before.  No one has ever had an issue standing in lines, buying mulitple copies of things, using as trade bait, or selling/flipping anything else this band has ever released.  Suddenly it's an issue with this release?
    What has buying multiple copies, trade bait or selling/flipping to do with what anything I'm saying? Where have I said I'm interested in buying multiple copies, or flip or standing in lines??
    2) I offered a solution to buy both and sell one later, which you've responded is a bunch of extra work, is ludicrous, and compared it to republicans shuffling to defend Trump.
    3) You obviously think that buying multiple copes and reselling the copy you don't want to keep is a big problem.
    You follow me now?
    Your math doesn't check out because:

5) When would something like this not have been a problem for me?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

You follow me now?

Look man, I don't know what your issue is. Ten Club has not deceived you or me or anyone else by not giving details on a 10 Club exclusive release.  For the 3rd-4th-IDFK time, they said keep your eyes peeled at a later date.  They never said they were going to give details before RSD, and besides, that would be stupid as RSD ambassadors to prevent people from going to record stores on Record Store Day.  They have not mislead you, there is no lack of transparency, or whatever else you're fake enraged about.  And I'm just trying to offer an easy solution (not the only solution, mind you, but a solution) to people like you who can't make up your mind and are making this into a HUGE deal when it shouldn't be.  What other information do you need besides "exclusive Ten Club version coming later?"  It's a simple decision but apparently it's a big problem for you.  So I'm not gonna argue about it anymore. Either buy the fucking thing on Saturday, wait for the 10 Club release, get both, or don't buy it all.  I really don't give a shit and I'm not wasting any more energy arguing over it.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

You follow me now?

Image result for let it go
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    That was EPIC!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    edited April 2019
    do I buy more mulch Saturday or Easy Street?

I am going to climb a mountain like Charlton  Heston, Im sure the answer will reveal itself to me
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The Swede just likes to argue
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    He plays a big role in keeping things more interesting around here, while there is nothing going on with the band to do that.
    Thanks Swede.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    my2hands said:
    *holds up a mirror to my2hands*
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

You follow me now?

Look man, I don't know what your issue is. Ten Club has not deceived you or me or anyone else by not giving details on a 10 Club exclusive release.  For the 3rd-4th-IDFK time, they said keep your eyes peeled at a later date.  They never said they were going to give details before RSD, and besides, that would be stupid as RSD ambassadors to prevent people from going to record stores on Record Store Day.  They have not mislead you, there is no lack of transparency, or whatever else you're fake enraged about.  And I'm just trying to offer an easy solution (not the only solution, mind you, but a solution) to people like you who can't make up your mind and are making this into a HUGE deal when it shouldn't be.  What other information do you need besides "exclusive Ten Club version coming later?"  It's a simple decision but apparently it's a big problem for you.  So I'm not gonna argue about it anymore. Either buy the fucking thing on Saturday, wait for the 10 Club release, get both, or don't buy it all.  I really don't give a shit and I'm not wasting any more energy arguing over it.
    I can fully seeyou don't understand "my issue". Because your responses are nonsensical in relation to it.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    CROJAM95 said:

I am going to climb a mountain like Charlton  Heston, Im sure the answer will reveal itself to me
    What if you find the ruins of the Statue of Liberty atop that mountain?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350

You follow me now?

I can fully seeyou don't understand "my issue". Because your responses are nonsensical in relation to it.
    Youre already whining about shipping and customs, so just go to the record store tomorrow and buy the one that won't charge you shipping and customs.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    RP112579 said:

You follow me now?

Youre already whining about shipping and customs, so just go to the record store tomorrow and buy the one that won't charge you shipping and customs.
    Whining? It's a real problem.

And what if they have a 35mm film frame from the Thumbing My Way musicvideo included with the tenclub version? :/
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,377
    RP112579 said:

You follow me now?

Whining? It's a real problem.

And what if they have a 35mm film frame from the Thumbing My Way musicvideo included with the tenclub version? :/
    https://youtu.be/ARJaouGmyhI
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    He plays a big role in keeping things more interesting around here, while there is nothing going on with the band to do that.
    Thanks Swede.
    Indeed.  I could do with less Kiss but he makes it a lot more interesting around here =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Wow!!  This thread is derailing. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

What if you find the ruins of the Statue of Liberty atop that mountain?

Hopefully no marky marky 
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Thanks Swede.

I disagree. I don’t really find anything interesting about Kiss or the other topics that have come up.
  • my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Thanks Swede.

I disagree. I don’t really find anything interesting about Kiss or the other topics that have come up.
    So it's not just me who he annoys? lol. I've never read anything positive from him lol.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Thanks Swede.

So it's not just me who he annoys? lol. I've never read anything positive from him lol.
    Do any of you stop and think about not being this mean towards someone, on this kind of personal level? This feels like bullying to me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Spiritual is a good dude. No need to make nasty remarks about him. I’m sure we all get on each other’s nerves from to time. Do we argue or get in heated discussions with each other sometimes? Sure. Some of us (me included) are hard-headed but still good spirited folks. He’s no different. Let’s not single someone out and make snide comments.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Spiritual is a good dude. No need to make nasty remarks about him. I’m sure we all get on each other’s nerves from to time. Do we argue or get in heated discussions with each other sometimes? Sure. Some of us (me included) are hard-headed but still good spirited folks. He’s no different. Let’s not single someone out and make snide comments.
    Piss off, Dyer!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Thanks Swede.

my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Thanks Swede.

I feel for you. I really do.
    I’m hoping that the news that the band was in the studio two weeks ago will lead to more informative May 10th newsletter.  =)

on2legs said:
    I’m hoping that the news that the band was in the studio two weeks ago will lead to more informative May 10th newsletter.  =)
    A popping summer single maybe?
    on2legs said:
    I’ll take any news at this point.  They need to throw us a few crumbs at least. 

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Thanks Swede.

Do any of you stop and think about not being this mean towards someone, on this kind of personal level? This feels like bullying to me.
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Thanks Swede.

I don’t see anything in my post in regards to bullying. Im 💯 % anti-bullying.
    I just stated that I disagree with you on your stance that these threads are interesting.
    i just don’t see it, or the need to start 10 new threads a day.
    dankind said:
    Piss off, Dyer!
    Better than pissed on! :lol:
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    on2legs said:
    Maybe a single from the "forthcoming" album?
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)