Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    Didn't get it either and it's not in the junk/spam folder.

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Didn't receive it, first time that has ever happened. 10c is fast becoming a complete waste of time and money.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Wow some of you guys are melodramatic. Just write them that you didn’t get it, they probably just had a hitch in their system 
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    edited April 2019
    I have no idea why I get excited about these lol, the same stuff is announced each month. Where is the info about the holiday releases?

Seems as if merch has become more important than the band.
    Post edited by FactoryMan93 on
  • Mystery tubes
    Things I would buy...mystery tubes....

Things I would not buy....mystery lubes---just sayin'
    lol
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    PP193448 said:
    Jason7192 said:
    CopperTom said:
    I didn't get the newsletter.  First time in a long time.
    I didn't receive it either. I've never had that problem before .
    For some reason mine is now being sent to junk mail.  Might want to check there.
    Not in junk mail either. It's not a big deal, but it seems odd. 
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    edited April 2019
    I hope soon, the newsletter will say... Brand New Album will be released followed by an Arena, not Baseball Field, World Tour. lol
    Post edited by FactoryMan93 on
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    PB11041 said:
    It seems as if everybody's expectations are rock bottom at this point...basically anything will be good!  I've got to think the 10c edition of Live at Easy St will be available for pre-order
    I seriously doubt that. They want people to get out and support independent record stores, which is why they're putting this out in the first place. Plus, with being ambassadors for this year, announcing a pre-sale of their own exclusive version days before the event would be like a slap on the face.
    This may come as a surprise, but not everyone is in the tenclub. 
    No, but those that are wouldn't buy the release in store if they knew a 10C version was "forthcoming." I certainly wouldn't, but simply the appearance of having an RSD exclusive and saying "go support record stores", then releasing a more exclusive version of the same thing beforehand on their own site would be kinda crappy...in my opinion. 
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
    kathynek said:
    Disappointing that they didn't mention any details of the Easy Street "tenclub" edition.  The last thing I want to do is purchase it and then a cooler one comes out forth coming.  I don't have any reason to have two.  Not sure what's happening with this band I love(d).
    Have they even said they're putting out a 10C edition at some point? Again, they want you to go support a brick and mortar record store this weekend. If there's an opportunity to make more money with a 10C version later on, of course they're going to do it, because they know people will buy it. Anyone who thinks this band isn't more of a business than an actively recording/touring musical act anymore is just fooling themselves.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2019
    kathynek said:
    Disappointing that they didn't mention any details of the Easy Street "tenclub" edition.  The last thing I want to do is purchase it and then a cooler one comes out forth coming.  I don't have any reason to have two.  Not sure what's happening with this band I love(d).
    Have they even said they're putting out a 10C edition at some point? Again, they want you to go support a brick and mortar record store this weekend. If there's an opportunity to make more money with a 10C version later on, of course they're going to do it, because they know people will buy it. Anyone who thinks this band isn't more of a business than an actively recording/touring musical act anymore is just fooling themselves.
    Yes, it does seem to have been confirmed that a 10C version will come later. I thought it was obvious that that info would come after RSD. I would assume anything about that was said because while they do want to support the record stores, they don't want to screw over 10C members while they're at it. Their members aren't getting much bang for their buck these days to say the least ... I figure 10C decided they better give the members something exclusive as RSD ambassadors, even if it has to be after the fact?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Matts3221 said:
    Hilarious that people get so cynical over this band too.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously I am not a band apologist , however I am of the school of thought that if you are not into something as much anymore or think poorly of how the band is preforming ( in your opinion ) then maybe not come and post. Just move onto something you do like or have more interest in.

I have a friend whom hates fox news but watches it just to piss him off , almost like he gets off on getting angry , reminds me of post I see more and more.

Its cool if you think they are past their prime or not living up to your expectations just don't see why people keep coming back if they have nothing but critical/negative comments.

This.  I don’t get why people direct all this energy into something they clearly don’t enjoy anymore.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    If people don't want to buy 2, pass on this weekend. they confirmed a 10c edition is coming. Theres 9000 copies of the RSD version. Regardless of the existence of a 10c version, this won't be much more than cost in a few months on ebay and discogs. Its a live EP. Not a new record or a one off single. 

• Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Wasnt one of the mystery vinyl emails sent out the morning of a Record Store Day?  Was planning on that for the "Ten Club Edition" 
  • kathynekkathynek of the earth Posts: 59
    They “confirmed” a new album last year but where is that?  ...just saying. I’ve got kids mouths to feed so I guess I’m getting the RSD only and won’t pull the trigger on the supposed tenclub version 3 years from now.  I do enjoy this ep and trust me, I support my local stores more than I should by the way!!
    * St. Louis, MO - 02 July 1998 * Chicago, IL - 09 Oct 2000 * St. Louis, MO - 11 Oct 2000
    * Champaign, IL - 23 April 2003 * Las Vegas, NV - 06 June 2003 * Kansas City, KS - 12 June 2003
    * Chicago, IL - 18 June 2003 * St. Louis, MO - 05 Oct 2004 * Chicago, IL - 16 May 2006
    * Milwaukee, WI - 29 June 2006 * Chicago, IL - 05 Aug 2007 * Chicago, IL - 24 Aug 2008
    * Nashville, TN - 17 June 2009 * Nashville, TN - 18 June 2009 * Chicago, IL - 23 Aug 2009
    * St. Louis, MO - 04 May 2010 * Chicago, IL - 28 June 2011 * St. Louis, MO - 01 July 2011
    * East Troy, WI - 03 Sept 2011 * East Troy, WI - 04 Sept 2011 * Chicago, IL - 19 July 2013
    * Chicago, IL - 09 July 2015  * Chicago, IL 20 Aug 2016  * Chicago, IL - 18 Aug 2018 
    * Chicago, IL - 20 Aug 2018  * 2020 NO LUCK! :(
    If people don't want to buy 2, pass on this weekend. they confirmed a 10c edition is coming. Theres 9000 copies of the RSD version. Regardless of the existence of a 10c version, this won't be much more than cost in a few months on ebay and discogs. Its a live EP. Not a new record or a one off single. 

Not to mention the exact same thing, cover art and all, was previously available on CD.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    PB11041 said:
    It seems as if everybody's expectations are rock bottom at this point...basically anything will be good!  I've got to think the 10c edition of Live at Easy St will be available for pre-order
    I seriously doubt that. They want people to get out and support independent record stores, which is why they're putting this out in the first place. Plus, with being ambassadors for this year, announcing a pre-sale of their own exclusive version days before the event would be like a slap on the face.
    This may come as a surprise, but not everyone is in the tenclub. 
    No, but those that are wouldn't buy the release in store if they knew a 10C version was "forthcoming." I certainly wouldn't, but simply the appearance of having an RSD exclusive and saying "go support record stores", then releasing a more exclusive version of the same thing beforehand on their own site would be kinda crappy...in my opinion. 
    If it is a member exclusive order item, than those that aren't in the 10C would be waiting to see if members did not buy them all first. Ergo, buy your RSD day edition.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

Went to my spam folder for the first time ever.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Let me tell you something...I want those CDs.  

I made a rule by right clicking it and saying that I wanted messages from TC always moved into the "Focused" tab and not the "Other" tab. 
    Outlook...so stupid.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    I also never got an email......would like to know about what difference there is between RSD Easy Street & 10C Version..
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    CROJAM95 said:
    I also never got an email......would like to know about what difference there is between RSD Easy Street & 10C Version..
    No one knows. Its not really important. Its about going to brick and mortar stores. When a 10c version is ready, they'll let us know.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    CROJAM95 said:
    No one knows. Its not really important. Its about going to brick and mortar stores. When a 10c version is ready, they'll let us know.

I support record stores all year, for about 20 years Now 

its not important, true... but I’d rather not waste $ on what I believe will be an inferior product just to buy the better one a few weeks later. I’ll be out on Saturday picking up a few records regardless. Priorities change as you get older, I don’t need to own every variation of a similar product. I’m getting old-er
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited April 2019
    Buy one on Saturday and if you like the 10C version better, buy it and sell your RSD copy to recoup your cost. There will still be people wanting a copy, and wanting it for cost. Really not that big of a deal. We all buy sell & trade things here ALL the time. Why should this album be treated any differently?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited April 2019
    Buy one on Saturday and if you like the 10C version better, buy it and sell your RSD copy to recoup your cost. There will still be people wanting a copy, and wanting it for cost. Really not that big of a deal. We all buy sell & trade things here ALL the time. Why should this album be treated any differently?
    What you are describing is still a much bigger deal than it should/could be. Around 1000% more of a big deal considering it could have been no deal at all.

Why go and bat for these coldwar levels of transparency? Just can't fathom any fans motive in doing so. They said they have another version of the product, but still want fans to be stressed out and in the dark about it when people rush into record shops on saturday - yeah lets go and defend that!
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    What you are describing is still a much bigger deal than it should/could be. Around 1000% more of a big deal considering it could have been no deal at all.

Why go and bat for these coldwar levels of transparency? Just can't fathom any fans motive in doing so. They said they have another version of the product, but still want fans to be stressed out and in the dark about it when people rush into record shops on saturday - yeah lets go and defend that!
    It's not a big deal and it really is, as you put it, no deal at all.  You're making it a big deal.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295

It's not a big deal. It's no deal. 10 club is coming. Just buy that. Listen to the cd version while you wait
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    edited April 2019

It's not a big deal and it really is, as you put it, no deal at all.  You're making it a big deal.
    Yeah okey sure, I'm making it a big deal. Any deal regarding the band and their practices is worthy of discussing on the message board.

And the "I think us fans should just buy it, then buy the other one and sell the first one! Easy pieces!" instead of tenclub giving proper information is just ludacris. You thinking that's a great solution sounds like republicans bending backwards to defend Trumps tweets.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Yeah okey sure, I'm making it a big deal. Any deal regarding the band and their practices is worthy of discussing on the message board.

And the "I think us fans should just buy it, then buy the other one and sell the first one! Easy pieces!" instead of tenclub giving proper information is just ludacris. You thinking that's a great solution sounds like republicans bending backwards to defend Trumps tweets.
    Why is that such a problem with this album when it's never been a problem with ANYTHING else ever released?  It's not a lack of communication, as already stated.  They said keep your eyes peeled at a later date.  They never said "We'll let you know before RSD."  There has been no duplicity.  You're making a mountain out of an ant hill.
    edited April 2019

Why is that such a problem with this album when it's never been a problem with ANYTHING else ever released?  It's not a lack of communication, as already stated.  They said keep your eyes peeled at a later date.  They never said "We'll let you know before RSD."  There has been no duplicity.  You're making a mountain out of an ant hill.
    What do you mean, what parallels to other things released do you, dear sir, refer to?

What do you mean, what parallels to other things released do you, dear sir, refer to?
    I've mentioned it twice before.  No one has ever had an issue standing in lines, buying mulitple copies of things, using as trade bait, or selling/flipping anything else this band has ever released.  Suddenly it's an issue with this release?

I've mentioned it twice before.  No one has ever had an issue standing in lines, buying mulitple copies of things, using as trade bait, or selling/flipping anything else this band has ever released.  Suddenly it's an issue with this release?
    What has buying multiple copies, trade bait or selling/flipping to do with what anything I'm saying? Where have I said I'm interested in buying multiple copies, or flip or standing in lines??