The Pizza Thread

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:
    Hand sanitizer is great to use when you are not near a sink.  If you had kids you would get it.  
    People overdo everything of course....

Pizza.  I want some.  Perhaps tomorrow evening - let's see some pics of pizza!
    Reminds me of the time my daughter and I were skipping rocks in Brooklyn under the Manhattan Bridge, and she picked up a used condom while scooping up rocks. I was always very anti-hand sanitizer, but I sure as shit wanted some then. 

Thankfully, there was a mom nearby who witnessed the whole ordeal and had some in her purse.

At least it wasn’t a needle. 
    Reminds me of the time we were in Chicago and there was a park where we stopped to let the kids play and I found a used condom under the jungle gym area. To this day, we still refer to it as condom park. At least somebody had a good time there...
    “coney island whitefish”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Neighbors got together today on this beautiful day and decided to get pizza. Two days in a row. Oh yeah. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Nice!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    “oh yeah” is right. simple and on point.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Those look really good Scruffy.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Beautiful!

Threw a birthday party for my friend’s 32nd last night and forgot to take pics of the damn pies. Went with Fratelli’s this time, another local family owned place whose pizza I’ve not tried. They’re more restaurant than pizza shop but it was really good stuff. Green pepper & red onion on one and plain cheese for the other. I have one slice of each leftover so I’ll snap those when I reheat them later.

I also did a homemade veggie tray w/ dill & onion dip and whipped up some guac (no pic) for chips.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Why is my dough burning at the edges and soft in the middle regardless of thickness or topping density?
    Is it an oven circulation problem?  It is a cheap piece of crap.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Beautiful!

Threw a birthday party for my friend’s 32nd last night and forgot to take pics of the damn pies. Went with Fratelli’s this time, another local family owned place whose pizza I’ve not tried. They’re more restaurant than pizza shop but it was really good stuff. Green pepper & red onion on one and plain cheese for the other. I have one slice of each leftover so I’ll snap those when I reheat them later.

I also did a homemade veggie tray w/ dill & onion dip and whipped up some guac (no pic) for chips.

excellent veggie tray...except no one likes raw cauliflower or broccoli.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Beautiful!

excellent veggie tray...except no one likes raw cauliflower or broccoli.
    There’s no cauliflower left. Agree on broccoli, not a fan of it raw so I didn’t bother with it. Some of the peppers jumped around when I was snapping the lid on, fucked up my presentation. 
    presentation was awesome. I only like cooked cauliflower..,.with cheese sauce.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    presentation was awesome. I only like cooked cauliflower..,.with cheese sauce.
    Cheese Whiz in the microwave no less I bet.
  • rgambs said:
    Why is my dough burning at the edges and soft in the middle regardless of thickness or topping density?
    Heat maybe too high, RG?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    rgambs said:
    Heat maybe too high, RG?
    I don't think that is possible on a normal oven.  (Heat to be too high)

Do you have a stone to heat in the oven at highest temp for a while and then slide the pie onto?

I would normally guess too much sauce or toppings but you covered that.  

The stone might help.  Also you could try convection if your oven has that option.
    Veggie tray looking on point Dyer!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Beautiful!

That looks great Dyer! 

jeffbr said:
    Get_Right said:
    jeffbr said:
    Weird people care about using a condom out in the wild. Would be more worried about other things.

Haha, Scarred for life skipping rocks.
    Yeah, how weird that people don't want to come in contact with strangers' cum and other bodily secretions. Wait, that's not weird at all, that should be a normal reaction. What's weird that you are fine with a little bit of strange cum on your hands while out enjoying nature. None for me, thanks.
    What the fuck is this?
    Communication breakdown lost in translation?
    I was just saying that putting on a condom to be seems to me a weird (but noble) prioritet with everything else to think about when having sexual relations out in the open. 

Haha, my bad! (although I believe others read it similarly). Thanks for the clarification! Whew. I was concerned for a minute. :lol:
    Haha that confirms my european language barrier... I directly got what he meant.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2019
    I got what he meant too. My question was just why would he think people screwing in the woods care any less about unwanted pregnancy and STDs?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    PJ_Soul said:
    I got what he meant too. My question was just why would he think people screwing in the woods care any less about unwanted pregnancy and STDs?
    Because being caught in that moment and being quick as fuck to me would override any "did you bring a rubber.. and maybe you can help out with it, I never get to make it work really... "

Haha. 

Chill out. And most people --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIIZnZ-pgDI

-- are a bit careless. And being out in in the woods or at Dankinds favorite stone-skipper spot I don't see anything weird with the idea of that careless-ness being multiplied by roughly a 1000. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited March 2019
    BUT WHAT DO I KNOW IM JUST YOUR AVERAGE RIOT ACT-LOVING INCEL
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Beautiful!

That look tasty!!

Certainly doesn’t look as good a day & a half later and reheated, but these were tasty pies! I’ll have to order from there again and get a good, fresh, out of the box pic. I dig the thinly sliced rings of green pepper & red onion. 

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

That looks awesome!
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:

That looks awesome!
    It’s standard protocol not to yield praise to Wobble, but I’d agree with you here. That pizza looks freaking awesome.
    Wobbie said:

Is it weird that I can taste the cheese from here?
    Went ham/cheese calzone, white pie and:

Looks great!  I ate a steak tonight but that still makes me want a piece.

Hot sausage, sweet pepper, & onion. I’m dubbing it the Spicy Italian Sub pie. The sausage & sweet peppers are house recipes and, oh man, the peppers are so deliciously fragrant! 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Couple of good pies tonight. Sicilian and thin crust with sausage and hot giardiniera.

If this was instagram I’d double-tap. Sausage & giardiniera sound great!
  • bbiggs said:
    Couple of good pies tonight. Sicilian and thin crust with sausage and hot giardiniera.

I like the top one: encrusted with brown sugar and cinnamon.

The bottom one has potential (despite a bit of charring on the perimeter). I'd be investing in that one despite the edges.