The Pizza Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Looks good dyer and Ally!!!!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PJ_Soul said:
    I didn't make the crust, but am responsible for the rest. I loaded up. Delicious!!

Sid was interested too. :heart: 

Looks good!  Love grape tomatoes on pizza!
  • Guys... lay off fountain drinks.

Not only are they shitty for you, the lines that the syrup flow through are full of brutal bacteria.

I used to bartend while going to school. We had our lines cleaned professionally two times a month (the industry expectation was at least once). The pubs that were in minimal compliance had serious sanitation issues with their draft lines.

I still get draft beer, but only from reputable places. The hole in the wall establishment makes me leery.

A woman I worked with got food poisoning from a fountain soda at Safeco watching a baseball game.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2019
    I really don't worry about that stuff too much and it works for me! I also used to bartend though, and yes, soda and beer lines can get disgusting if not maintained properly. So can spouts. But meh, watcha going to do? I don't have the energy to constantly worry about every little icky possibility in this world, so just hope for the best, lol, and so far so good! I've never had food poisoning in my entire life. I assume it will happen to me at least once, but perhaps my luck will hold, Haha.
    That said, I do not go into food and drink establishments that seem dirty at all. But I'm not about to start checking their lines, lol.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    This is why you should always end any night of drinking with a tasty vodka drink.  Vodka kills all germs and makes one hearty and able to laugh at any silly bacteria.  This is scientifically proven.

:lol:

Thread integrity...wife and I went to Flyers/Caps game last night and ordered a pizza for the babysitter and son.  I enjoyed a cold slice around midnight, it was fucking great.
    Cold pizza ranks up there, to me, with most late night snackings.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Cold pizza surpasses hot pizza in some cases. My so. And I devoured some cold pizza leftovers last weekend and we both agreed it was the best. 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Got some dough balls proving in the fridge for a Saturday night pizza face stuffing!   

Not quite a pizza by definition but one of my Hello Fresh meals this week were these veggie flatbreads. Just brushed the bread with olive oil, lemon ricotta spread, zucchini, & grape tomatoes. Topped with fresh basil, chili flakes, & drizzled with honey. Shit’s good!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    That does look good
    It does. I like flatbreads with fresh topping. The local White Spot of all places actually has this delicious one with arugula, goat cheese, grape tomatoes, caramelized onions, and drizzled with balsamic - I love it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    PJ_Soul said:
    I didn't make the crust, but am responsible for the rest. I loaded up. Delicious!!

WHAT A CUTE CAT!!!!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PJ_Soul said:

WHAT A CUTE CAT!!!!
    :heart: Thank you! Seriously, us cat owners LOVE being told this, lol. Sid thanks you too. :)

edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

WHAT A CUTE CAT!!!!
    :heart: Thank you! Seriously, us cat owners LOVE being told this, lol. Sid thanks you too. :)

I really need to get back to finding a cat. I was close to get one, but couldn't pick it up for 3 days and they gave him to someone else. 

Cats > Pizza
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

WHAT A CUTE CAT!!!!

I really need to get back to finding a cat. I was close to get one, but couldn't pick it up for 3 days and they gave him to someone else. 

Cats > Pizza
    That is true.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    Guys... lay off fountain drinks.

Not only are they shitty for you, the lines that the syrup flow through are full of brutal bacteria.

I used to bartend while going to school. We had our lines cleaned professionally two times a month (the industry expectation was at least once). The pubs that were in minimal compliance had serious sanitation issues with their draft lines.

I still get draft beer, but only from reputable places. The hole in the wall establishment makes me leery.

A woman I worked with got food poisoning from a fountain soda at Safeco watching a baseball game.
    I am the anti-germaphobe....the more chances you take, the higher your immunity.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

WHAT A CUTE CAT!!!!

Cats > Pizza
    That is true.
    But, pizza box > litter box. :wink:
    Cold pizza > cold cat
  • Wobbie said:

I am the anti-germaphobe....the more chances you take, the higher your immunity.

I agree somewhat. I don't take unnecessary chances with food though.

I've had food poisoning three times. Not fun. At all. When stricken with it... I understood very clearly the idea of assisted suicide. I don't ever want it again. My aunt lost her hips to a bout with food poisoning on a cruise ship (on which she worked) as a young woman and couldn't conceive children. It's nothing to mess with.
    I threw in one of my wife’s frozen, cauliflower crusted veggie pizzas last night. The thought of cauliflower is repulsive to me, but it was pretty damn good. 
  • bbiggs said:
    I threw in one of my wife’s frozen, cauliflower crusted veggie pizzas last night. The thought of cauliflower is repulsive to me, but it was pretty damn good. 
    There’s just something about these that I don’t care for. They can taste okay, but I prefer the gluten infused crusts infinitely more.
    Wobbie said:

I've had food poisoning three times. Not fun. At all. When stricken with it... I understood very clearly the idea of assisted suicide. I don't ever want it again. My aunt lost her hips to a bout with food poisoning on a cruise ship (on which she worked) as a young woman and couldn't conceive children. It's nothing to mess with.

damn!

I’m still the anti-germaphobe. 

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

damn!

And I get it. You are correct in building up your immunity system through exposure. Every time I use hand sanitizer I feel a sense of regret knowing I've cleansed my hands of useful bacteria. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    :sleepy:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    We need some pictures of Scruffy’s Cheese pizzas with the burnt crusts.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    dankind said:
    I m craving pizza bad. Maybe tonight I ll order some. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Will eat indian today after work. 

Will walk past a Pizza place on the way.

mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    I m craving pizza bad. Maybe tonight I ll order some. 
    Going to a great spot tomorrow. Picture posting worthy pies. 
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

damn!

And I get it. You are correct in building up your immunity system through exposure. Every time I use hand sanitizer I feel a sense of regret knowing I've cleansed my hands of useful bacteria. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. 
    Not really damned if you don't. Only damned if you do. Nobody outside of a hospital should be using hand sanitizer. Just regular, non-antibacterial soap absolutely does the job that you need done, without contributing to the antibiotic resistant bacteria problem. I'm starting to feel like an anti-hand-sanitizer campaign should be launched TBH.
    I used to work with a guy who used hand sanitizer like 30 times a day. he also had a toilet seat phobia.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Wobbie said:
    I used to work with a guy who used hand sanitizer like 30 times a day. he also had a toilet seat phobia.

This weekend we rock Portland