The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Yeah eventually it needs to go away...there is nothing left to be said about it.  So, if you are a voter take it into account if you want or don't if you don't...but let's stop talking about it.

And I'll be taking it into account...though I don't really have to as there is no way in hell I'm voting for Warren.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    my2hands said:
    I think it's very relevant

If Warren were a republican it would not be relevant. But since she is a Democrat, it will be.

In a post trump world, it is absurd that it is relevant. 

M2h,  haven't you commented something the effect that Trump did nothing wrong and Mueller is a witch hunt?

Mueller's investigation has yielded "the highest rate of indictments for campaign aides than any president ever.” 

Fair and balanced.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Is there any connection between UBI and money Native Americans recieve or oil money distributed in Alaska? I was under impression Alaskan residents receive some sort of money from oil revenues. I also thought Native Americans recieve some sort of cash payments. Is that kind of the same thing?
    The Alaska thing is BS. It's a subsidy by the govt so people will move to Alaska and work in the oil industry.  The oil companies should pay it,  but evidently it's in the "national interest".
    This is wrong.  You only have to be a resident of Alaska.  You don't need to work for an oil company.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    I think it's very relevant

If Warren were a republican it would not be relevant. But since she is a Democrat, it will be.

In a post trump world, it is absurd that it is relevant. 

M2h,  haven't you commented something the effect that Trump did nothing wrong and Mueller is a witch hunt?

Mueller's investigation has yielded "the highest rate of indictments for campaign aides than any president ever.” 

Fair and balanced.
    Incorrect on almost all fronts
    Elizabeth Warren is now endorsing reparations and trying to make it an issue? And I used to like Pocahontas lol

FFS... can she be any more blatant in trying to garner black support? 

It seems the Democrats are really going to try and lose in 2020... brace for impact...

Reparations and UBI........ nails in the coffin, better back away now 

Reparations has been discussed ad nauseam and is a dead horse, what is this the 1990's again? 

And general voters are definitely not ready for Universal Basic Income 

Wtf are the dems doing, trying to hand it over AGAIN?

my2hands said:
    Elizabeth Warren is now endorsing reparations and trying to make it an issue? And I used to like Pocahontas lol

It seems the Democrats are really going to try and lose in 2020... brace for impact...

Reparations has been discussed ad nauseam and is a dead horse, what is this the 1990's again? 

Keep finding new ways to lose.  Double down on dumb.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    She seemed MAD reasonable last night.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    my2hands said:

you, my friend, are not the end all be all arbiter of what people want.  sorry bro.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    my2hands said:

UBI will not go over well with conservatives, that isn't her platform.

Reparations talk again though?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:

Stop with the racist Pocahontas stuff.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Tiki said:
    my2hands said:

you, my friend, are not the end all be all arbiter of what people want.  sorry bro.

Trump swung hard at her after her DNA test a few months ago and she had no comeback. At least one with any volume to it.

M2h is not the arbiter, true, but failing to fight back, failing to defend oneself on the ultimate American stage, is not how candidates win general elections.
    Tiki said:
    my2hands said:

And why isn’t his opinion worthy of your response? I mean, we could say that about any posters here...you included. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    For one it's dismissive.

"That'll NEVER work" is not how shit gets done. 
    Calling her Pocahontas is racist but lying about her heritage for decades isn't...

Lol, yeah, ok

edited March 2019
    Tiki said:
    my2hands said:

Ummmm, ok? 

I simply expressed an opinion...

You think reparations & UBI are platforms that will help win the general election? 
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my2hands said:
    Calling her Pocahontas is racist but lying about her heritage for decades isn't...

Lol, yeah, ok

so you honestly believe she intentionally lied knowing the truth about her heritage, all the while believing she could keep it under wraps? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

my2hands said:

Lol, yeah, ok

so you honestly believe she intentionally lied knowing the truth about her heritage, all the while believing she could keep it under wraps? 
    Absolutely 100%

She is whiter than a fresh snowfall...

She didn't know she would be a senator one day... she milked it for years and it finally caught up to her... i don't believe her nonsense for a second

my2hands said:

Lol, yeah, ok

You didn’t ask me...but she just didn’t care to be accurate.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:
    my2hands said:

Ummmm, ok? 

You think reparations & UBI are platforms that will help win the general election? 
    I don't. Too far left. No appeal to the middle and the independents. These are both polarizing issues. So if she's trying to loose broad appeal this is a great platform to run on. She'll pick up her 5% - 10% in the primaries, and be a footnote.

I'm not saying anything about the pros or cons of either topic, but the fact that these seem to be what she's making noise about (and which the majority of voters couldn't care less about), instantly makes her irrelevant. Show me a list of most important issues to mainstream voters going into 2020 that includes either of these issues as top 3 issues and I'll retract my post.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Because she's a progressive and on "our" team people on "our" team give her a pass....

If she was GOP all of you would be blasting her and calling her a liar... that's the truth whether you admit it or not.... i used to be a Warren supporter... 

The truth is she has no shot at getting through even the democratic primary now because of this... and if she does we are totally fucked.... so maybe the echo chamber should be upset with her,  not fellow progressives holding her accountable for a lifelong lie
    my2hands said:
    Because she's a progressive and on "our" team people on "our" team give her a pass....

If she was GOP all of you would be blasting her and calling her a liar... that's the truth whether you admit it or not.... i used to be a Warren supporter... 

The truth is she has no shot at getting through even the democratic primary now because of this... and if she does we are totally fucked.... so maybe the echo chamber should be upset with her,  not fellow progressives holding her accountable for a lifelong lie
    actually, no, I don't like warren at all. I think she is as terrible an option as Hillary turned out to be. I just think it's actually fairly common for people to be told one thing growing up about their heritage only to find out it is something else or it wasn't all that accurate. 

and as for "whiter than a snowball". there are people I know very well who have proven their aboriginal heritage that are blonde and blue eyed and have a fairly light complexion. so, yes, it is absolutely possible to be "whiter than a snowball" and still have darker-skinned lineage. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:
    my2hands said:

Ummmm, ok? 

I don't. Too far left. No appeal to the middle and the independents. These are both polarizing issues. So if she's trying to loose broad appeal this is a great platform to run on. She'll pick up her 5% - 10% in the primaries, and be a footnote.

I'm not saying anything about the pros or cons of either topic, but the fact that these seem to be what she's making noise about (and which the majority of voters couldn't care less about), instantly makes her irrelevant. Show me a list of most important issues to mainstream voters going into 2020 that includes either of these issues as top 3 issues and I'll retract my post.
    100% agreed
    my2hands said:

Lol, yeah, ok

maybe she legitimately (and stupidly) thought it would be a non-issue. 

I don't know. I just tend to give people (of all political leanings) the benefit of the doubt. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

my2hands said:

Lol, yeah, ok

maybe she legitimately (and stupidly) thought it would be a non-issue. 

I don't know. I just tend to give people (of all political leanings) the benefit of the doubt. 
    I tend to give any politician the opposite of that :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Warren has put out a whole lot of ideas about a whole lot of policies. I don't know why anyone would think she's going to hang her hat on these specifically for her platform. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/powerup/2019/03/11/powerup-warren-is-leading-the-2020-battle-of-ideas/5c8581991b326b2d177d6042/?utm_term=.0517fecaebb4
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Anyone who's running for President and is NOT Don Trump, I like.  Anyone who pushes progressive ideas I like.

Stop pushing people out of the tent.  Everyone of those candidates, they are all leaders who believe in America and all it's promises..

I say make the cabinet outta whoever's running.  Team building.  You need ALL HANDS on DECK to fix what Don Trump has destroyed.  
    She's a fighter.  I like her. 

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Warren has put out a whole lot of ideas about a whole lot of policies. I don't know why anyone would think she's going to hang her hat on these specifically for her platform. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/powerup/2019/03/11/powerup-warren-is-leading-the-2020-battle-of-ideas/5c8581991b326b2d177d6042/?utm_term=.0517fecaebb4
    Perhaps she should focus her message then. That is the danger of shotgunning. Start talking about issues that distract from the focus and potentially lose votes. If those issues aren't a focus, then talk about what is. The issues above were examples of issues that will turn off some voters and make her less relevant or realistic as a candidate the more time she spends on them.  The reparations issue in particular was brought up on the last page by someone who likes her as a candidate but was concerned about her spending time on that particular issue. I understand and share that concern.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Good for you my friend, but you only get to choose one in the primary. 

And you better hope she isn't the nominee, or even on the ticket... otherwise you get 4 more years of The Donald
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    jeffbr said:

Perhaps she should focus her message then. That is the danger of shotgunning. Start talking about issues that distract from the focus and potentially lose votes. If those issues aren't a focus, then talk about what is. The issues above were examples of issues that will turn off some voters and make her less relevant or realistic as a candidate the more time she spends on them.  The reparations issue in particular was brought up on the last page by someone who likes her as a candidate but was concerned about her spending time on that particular issue. I understand and share that concern.

There's plenty of time yet to focus the message. I like seeing the ideas coming out. I think she's smart to test out a whole range of ideas and then narrow down on the ones that have wide based appeal. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.