Pearl Jam: Easy Street Records live for Record Store Day?

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PB11041 said:
    As record store ambassadors they announce that they are discontinuing vinyl reissues and all vaults will be released on 8 Track.

*Laugh people.  It's funny.

Well, when one considers that this band discontinued the vinyl portion of their fanclub membership perks shortly before being named Record Store Ambassadors, who the hell knows what being an ambassador even means. Naming them ambassadors this year, of all years, is the laughable part for me.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    edited February 2019
    It means they promote local record stores, which is really what RSD is about. Ambassadors don't always have a special release on RSD. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    It means they promote local record stores, which is really what RSD is about. Ambassadors don't always have a special release on RSD. 
    Fair enough. They do promote local record stores, no doubt about that. Ed and Mike both have pretty special relationships wtih Matt Vaughan of Easy Street and are there often. HockeyTalker stuff is always in stock there (if there is stock to be had). I've run into Mike flipping through records a couple of times. It was the timing of that announcement following the band's ill thought out jettisoning of the vinyl perk that just made it all ring hollow. Hopefully there will be an awesome PJ RSD release (the full Easy Street show) to make things whole again.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Just picked up Live at Easy Street.  Never heard it before.  $13 brand new on discogs
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    As record store ambassadors they announce that they are discontinuing vinyl reissues and all vaults will be released on 8 Track.

Well, when one considers that this band discontinued the vinyl portion of their fanclub membership perks shortly before being named Record Store Ambassadors, who the hell knows what being an ambassador even means. Naming them ambassadors this year, of all years, is the laughable part for me.
    Image result for i dont get it gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:

:lol:  Tim turned me around on this one!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    This would be Awesome!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    This would be awesome, but I don’t believe it will happen. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    An RSD France list leaked. No PJ. That being said, it most likely does not contain everything. 
    Any link? :(
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 252
    edited February 2019
    An RSD France list leaked. No PJ. That being said, it most likely does not contain everything. 

Most likely because French market won't receive everything that's on the RSD US list.

Just like all those RSD France titles from French artists that are on the leaked list; I'm sure these won't make it to the RSD US list and market.

So I guess there's still hope.

Post edited by LostRebel on
  • Jbarker said:

with 100 random pressings of navy and gold
    Fuck this kind of bullshit.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    raindog80 said:
    https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/131313-rsd-2019-limited-and-first-releases/?do=findComment&comment=2836927
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Jbarker said:

with 100 random pressings of navy and gold
    Fuck this kind of bullshit.
    "like"

Example: I already own the Orpheum 2LP as part of the Vs/Vitalogy box set, but it still takes every ounce of willpower to hold off hitting the "buy" button at Newbury for $40 plus shipping on the off chance I get the colored variant.
    raindog80 said:
    https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/131313-rsd-2019-limited-and-first-releases/?do=findComment&comment=2836927
    File removed. Thanks anyway, time will tell. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:

I'm there with you... but would they skip right past cassettes??

During an episode of Vinyl, Cannavale's character plays some music on his Reel-to-Reel, and in that moment I though "shit, here comes then next fad..!"  Which led me to believe that surely MoFi would be re-issuing "Blood on the Tracks" on an Edison Cylinder. I think I'll beat everyone to the punch and start banging a leg bone on a hollow log.

raindog80 said:
    raindog80 said:
    File removed. Thanks anyway, time will tell. 
    they reposted it

https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/131313-rsd-2019-limited-and-first-releases/?do=findComment&comment=2837163
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    ^^^^ Thats the biggest group of curmudgeon's right there.  I used to post over at VC all the time, not anymore.  
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    pearljamonline.it
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    PSUS2H said:
    ^^^^ Thats the biggest group of curmudgeon's right there.  I used to post over at VC all the time, not anymore.  
    Funny, we say the same about you.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    kramer73 said:
    PSUS2H said:
    Funny, we say the same about you.
       :D
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
     =)  =)=)=)=)=)
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    mvw said:

It always happens, even if you don't know what it it is, it happens. It just does.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    mvw said:

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Love the optimism! Love being proven wrong even more! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

"So down below, you can now scroll through the entire rumoured RSD 2019 list, which we have put together thanks to various Reddit threads."

... No PJ titled listed, yet? ...

Totally picking up OST - Lost In Translation - 2LP.

• ozzykillerozzykiller Isle Of Wight , UK Posts: 105
    Its true, all of it . Self released on Monkeywrench Records. 

That list seems to be a version of the RSD france list. 

Also, Vinyl Factory just reported that Pink Floyd's Saucerful of Secrets in Mono will be reissued for RSD. That has not been reported by any outlet. So there are still surprised to come.