Options

Pearl Jam: Easy Street Records live for Record Store Day?

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    edited March 2019
    I guess I will just say, something prevented them from releasing the full show the first time around.  Perhaps they don't like how the rest of the show sounds.  Perhaps there are tape problems.   

Easy for us to get spoiled when a band releases like 500+ live albums.  

It is a glorious time to live in when incomplete live shows reissued on vinyl are a tragedy.  
    *Caveat Emptor - before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, this is part sarcasm, part satire, part dark humor, part truth 
    Post edited by PB11041 on
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    PB11041 said:
    I guess I will just say, something prevented them from releasing the full show the first time around.  Perhaps they don't like how the rest of the show sounds.  Perhaps there are tape problems.   

Easy for us to get spoiled when a band releases like 500+ live albums.  

It is a glorious time to live in when incomplete live shows reissued on vinyl are a tragedy.  
    *Caveat Emptor - before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, this is part sarcasm, part satire, part dark humor, part truth 
    Well said.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    So you guys complain for days that this wasnt on the initial list....when it shows up on the list you complain even more??  :lol:
    If you stop "loling" for a while and instead try to understand your fellow fans:

No need my man.  If it was the full show we’d have four pages complaining that 9,000 are getting pressed and not 2,000.  LOL
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    So you guys complain for days that this wasnt on the initial list....when it shows up on the list you complain even more??  :lol:
    If you stop "loling" for a while and instead try to understand your fellow fans:

No need my man.  If it was the full show we’d have four pages complaining that 9,000 are getting pressed and not 2,000.  LOL
    And that is wasn't made available to club members first.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    JimmyV said:

And that is wasn't made available to club members first.
    And what does it matter if some hoped for more, some are happy with anything and some couldn't care less either way. It's their opinion on the subject. Imagine if those who expected more started berating those that said, "Yes, awesome!" Different strokes, for different folks and so on and so on....
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    And everyone complaining will still buy it.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    Never been into RSD before, is 6000 a lot of copies for something like this?
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i will only buy stuff if i can flip it and i will be super pissed off if i can't buy it cause it's limited and sells out before i can get one
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924
    My favorite part. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Its a good amount.  Shouldnt be too hard to find at all. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Yep, and prepare for about 100 "ISO Easy Street RSD vinyl" threads on 4/13.
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 746
    Im just hearing in a record store in The Netherlands that the record is a US thing only. It does not come to Europe, true?
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    Im just hearing in a record store in The Netherlands that the record is a US thing only. It does not come to Europe, true?
    I thought 3000 go to Europe?
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 746
    Robbert said:
    Yeah me to. The owner said that to me. Lets hope in Europe and the rest of the world besides The US its not true
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mace1229 said:
    This is a TON, shouldn't have any problem. These will be sitting on shelves.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    I don't know about sitting on shelves, but no reason to rush to ebay for this for certain. People will be able to get this at retail price for a few days after RSD. I'm sure secondary market prices won't be astronomical either. maybe $35-$40 ceiling on discogs for a few weeks after.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    Also, I remember the SOLAT/Breath single was RSD first too, but then it was never repressed. I wonder if PJ says that so they can sell a few on the 10c store.

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    Of course I would’ve loved the full show. Still, I am excited to spin this on vinyl!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,832
    Robbert said:
    Robbert said:
    Yeah me to. The owner said that to me. Lets hope in Europe and the rest of the world besides The US its not true
    6000 for USA. 3000 international. And this is a RSD first which means they will make more copies, a 2nd run. A bigger run and maybe a different variant color. 
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,820
    Why not a 10c variant release in the shop? Wouldn't that make sense? Reward the 10c for a change.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    That won't happen w 9000 copies floating around.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    pjpitt89 said:
    Why not a 10c variant release in the shop? Wouldn't that make sense? Reward the 10c for a change.
    flip flip hooray !!    ;)
  • Options
    bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 184
    edited March 2019
    pjpitt89 said:
    Then it'd be Pearl Jam Store Day instead of Record Store Day.  ;)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    my_wave said:
    at first i was really fucking stoked for this like most people thinking it would be the full show, but now knowing that it's the same as the ep that i already have on cd it's just a huge letdown, and it just pisses me off even more that they can whip this up in less than two months apparently and yet they can't find the time to press 2 holiday singles, unbelievable...
    Perfectly said. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I'm one of the "complainers" but also said I'd buy it. I don't see any contradiction. I'm complaining about the lazy effort by the band, but am happy to have a new record to put on the shelf. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    So?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    You're forgetting the people who don't want to take their asses to a record store on... Record Store Day. :tongue:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,832
    pjpitt89 said:
    What's gonna happen is the 10club store will be selling both regular & variant Live @ Easy Street Records vinyl copies starting @ 12am EST (guessing) but the variant copies will be shipped out randomly. :|
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    You're forgetting the people who don't want to take their asses to a record store on... Record Store Day. :tongue:
    Who the hell goes to a store anymore with the exception of food shopping?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......