Options

Eddie vedder EU tour 2019

Comments

• Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 752
    JimmyV said:
    He has a standing pit at Ohana every year, right? I've never heard anyone complain about that.
    It is a beach, so temp bleachers in the back and open field up front. It is a great scene and good value for the money since there are other name headliners and Eddie plays with other bands.
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    VillagePJ said:
    Just seen the latest promo image from Live Nation for The Who at Wembley and its now listed as European exclusive so any extra EV shows wont be with them. Interesting change, maybe to help ticket sales??

Image may contain text
    I like the way they’ve added ‘full set’ under Ed’s name, maybe to drum up more interest in wavering PJ fans maybe, but oh well, I still ain’t going as the place is a toilet and the sound ain’t any better, plus the exorbitant prices being charged.. I’m happy with my 2 Italian dates so far and whenever we get news of the other dates then I’ll see what I fancy  =)
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,024
    edited February 2019
    Very interesting change. I mentioned already several pages ago, that maybe the Wembley show isn't selling and they are having doubts about Dublin. Let's hope that Eddie will book a solo-Dublin show instead. Obviuously not at the same venue, whatever it was going to be. Maybe something a bit more intimate.

Anyway, bring on the announcement Eddie, we've been waiting long enough :lol:
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    exclusive european show doesn't mean only european show?
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    VillagePJ said:
    Just seen the latest promo image from Live Nation for The Who at Wembley and its now listed as European exclusive so any extra EV shows wont be with them. Interesting change, maybe to help ticket sales??

Image may contain text
    I like the way they’ve added ‘full set’ under Ed’s name, maybe to drum up more interest in wavering PJ fans maybe, but oh well, I still ain’t going as the place is a toilet and the sound ain’t any better, plus the exorbitant prices being charged.. I’m happy with my 2 Italian dates so far and whenever we get news of the other dates then I’ll see what I fancy  =)
    ooh hadnt seen the full set comment......thats great news. 
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    Announcing any more stadium / outdoor shows with similar prices, when they can't even sell in their hometown with support line up like that, would be shooting themselves in the foot. So yeah, it means the only one.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    I think 'not selling well' is an understatement. I just went on ticketmaster. You can basically pick a seat anywhere in the stadium.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    eddiec said:
    I think 'not selling well' is an understatement. I just went on ticketmaster. You can basically pick a seat anywhere in the stadium.
    Have they dropped prices yet? I'm sure they will if it's that bad. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    No new music from Eddie and touring just two years ago can only get you so far. Really hoping that it was as rumoured a Who and Eddie show in Dublin and now they are going ahead with a couple of Eddie solo shows instead. I may make that trip! 
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited February 2019
    Where's Unknown? Is he lurking? 

State your preach!!!
    Post edited by Mikemzl91 on
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,948
    PJNB said:
    No new music from Eddie and touring just two years ago can only get you so far. Really hoping that it was as rumoured a Who and Eddie show in Dublin and now they are going ahead with a couple of Eddie solo shows instead. I may make that trip! 
    I'm not sure about the lack of new music or the 2017 tour affecting ticket sales. Most fans would usually jump at the chance of seeing Eddie in Europe. For me, I haven't booked London because I'm not sure how great it will be in such a big venue and as a support act (the atmosphere will not be as good). Then factor in the huge ticket price and it's not a compelling proposition. 

I'm holding out to see what other options there are to see a Eddie solo show before making a decision. I have to say knowing it's a full set from Eddie does make it more appealing. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    tino_11 said:
    PJNB said:
    I'm not sure about the lack of new music or the 2017 tour affecting ticket sales. Most fans would usually jump at the chance of seeing Eddie in Europe. For me, I haven't booked London because I'm not sure how great it will be in such a big venue and as a support act (the atmosphere will not be as good). Then factor in the huge ticket price and it's not a compelling proposition. 

I'm holding out to see what other options there are to see a Eddie solo show before making a decision. I have to say knowing it's a full set from Eddie does make it more appealing. 
    I think your are right about the main reason for ticket sales slumping in London with prices and venue not being ideal. I do also think that too much Eddie fatigue and no nw music can set in for those that are not hardcore fans like us and it shows with the larger selection of venues. 

If the second show in Italy is really only 8500 and it took as long as it did to sell out I am really curious how the other shows that will be larger will sell too. 

• Options
    The more I hear about Berlin, the more I'm considering making that the priority show to apply for tickets for. Haven't been there in 11 years so it's a great excuse to go back! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    tino_11 said:
    PJNB said:

I think your are right about the main reason for ticket sales slumping in London with prices and venue not being ideal. I do also think that too much Eddie fatigue and no nw music can set in for those that are not hardcore fans like us and it shows with the larger selection of venues. 

If the second show in Italy is really only 8500 and it took as long as it did to sell out I am really curious how the other shows that will be larger will sell too. 

Yes, would be interesting to see how Florence ticket sales are doing. 

Slow ticket sales might not be a bad thing if it gets Eddie playing in smaller venues again.
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    PJNB said:
    tino_11 said:
    PJNB said:

Slow ticket sales might not be a bad thing if it gets Eddie playing in smaller venues again.
    Florence is a festival... there will be lots of people waiting for the whole line up announcement before buying the non PIT tickets
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,945
    edited February 2019
    i really hope we get something tomorrow...all this silence all of a sudden has really killed the momentum...
  • Options
    There you have an announcement :lol:

06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • Options
    hadrielia said:

Nicely timed, haha!
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    PJNB said:
    tino_11 said:
    PJNB said:

Florence is a festival... there will be lots of people waiting for the whole line up announcement before buying the non PIT tickets
    If you've been to any of these non camping festivals you'll notice the vast majority of the crowd are there to see the headliner.
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    tino_11 said:
    hadrielia said:

Nicely timed, haha!
    Haha, these a really good, we saw them last year Tino.  Nicely timed announcement
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    If the Who have backed out of their Dublin shows does it give hope of solo EV in Dublin? I read on a previous post that Irish shows are terrible to organise, so there might not be enough time to book a EV solo at a smaller Dublin venue?
  • Options
    I think that applies to outdoor shows. The Arena (whatever it is called) shouldn't cause much hassle. It seems to be available
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    If the Who have backed out of their Dublin shows does it give hope of solo EV in Dublin? I read on a previous post that Irish shows are terrible to organise, so there might not be enough time to book a EV solo at a smaller Dublin venue?
    Why do people think the Who are going to back out? 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    The 80k capacity croke Park can only have 3 gigs a year. They are full. The aviva stadium not so. There are no gigs listed for there in 2019 Usually 2 or 3 a year there. The 3 arena where eddie played in 2017 is used most nights.  Aviva holds around 50k for a gig 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Kearn5y said:
    Because the London Wembley is now being promoted as the only European show. It's on a new Livenation advert released yesterday afternoon
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    See the previous page. They started promoting their London show as the "Exclusive European show" + adding another support act + adding the line "full set" under Eddie Vedder's name. The London show has been selling really poorly. Their booking agent most likely came to the conclusion that adding any more huge Who shows won't be worth it, the demand is not there.
  • Options
    It's a no brainer for Eddie to play Dublin.  Average of 80 quid a ticket.  Capacity 10k seated.He's looking at a nice pay day. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    exileexile Dublin Posts: 82
    Malahide is still being mentioned as an eddie and glen show 3rd or 4th July
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    mrk2 said:
    Very interesting change. I mentioned already several pages ago, that maybe the Wembley show isn't selling and they are having doubts about Dublin. Let's hope that Eddie will book a solo-Dublin show instead. Obviuously not at the same venue, whatever it was going to be. Maybe something a bit more intimate.

Anyway, bring on the announcement Eddie, we've been waiting long enough :lol:

Damn these comments about "isn't selling" read by someone living in a region that can sell out a 59 show Pearl Jam residency with zero marketing expense.

*Hope this isn't taken the wrong way and our Euro fans have a blast this summer.
  • Options
    exile said:
    Malahide is still being mentioned as an eddie and glen show 3rd or 4th July
    That’d be cool. Hoping this is legit.