NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• Looks like a hell of a course. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    I actually quite liked Velvet Buzzsaw. I've seen some people say they thought it was boring. I totally disagree.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:
    I actually quite liked Velvet Buzzsaw. I've seen some people say they thought it was boring. I totally disagree.
    I gave it a few minutes last night.  Interesting concept, good cast (Malkovich!).  But I found it so-so.  Gonna give it another ten and either go with it or shut 'er down.

23, I'm digging on Russian Doll - two episodes in.  I've always had a thing for Natasha Lyonne and she's fucking awesome in this role.
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I gave it a few minutes last night.  Interesting concept, good cast (Malkovich!).  But I found it so-so.  Gonna give it another ten and either go with it or shut 'er down.

23, I'm digging on Russian Doll - two episodes in.  I've always had a thing for Natasha Lyonne and she's fucking awesome in this role.
    I love how she play..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I tried watching the Ted Bundy Tapes last night. I think I'd rather go back and watch the Super Bowl again.
  • I tried watching the Ted Bundy Tapes last night. I think I'd rather go back and watch the Super Bowl again.
    It gets more interesting once the guy interviewing him tricked him into talking in the third person by asking him "You're familiar with the cases, what do you think the killer was thinking?" From that point on, Bundy basically describes his crimes and his crazy rationales. Interesting...but no required viewing by any means. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It definitely takes while to get going. You might need more than another 10 minutes, lol. I think it grows into a nice, mellow horror movie, lol. I will say that it's not one of those movies that everyone is going to like. (Yes, Malkovich is the best!)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Polar was fun..not very good but fun..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    23scidoo said:
    Polar was fun..not very good but fun..
    I agree. Mads Mikkelsen's acting is fascinating. No matter how his character looks like, you still have to love him.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PJ_Soul said:
    Friends From College (Netflix original series)

For me, this show is HILARIOUS!! Love it. Looks like the first season got critically panned, and the second got better reviews. I thought the first season was funny and the poor critiques are a real mystery to me, but yes, the second season is definitely better. I just pray they keep going with this series!

Watched both seasons this past week.  2nd season was definitely better.  I wish they would do more than 8 episodes per season but I'm guessing the short seasons is how they got such a great cast.  Felix is my favorite...he realized how awful most of these people are!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I couldn’t last two episodes of Friends From College. Had high hopes going in...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Saw this earlier..no words for that guy..
    oh, the tattoo..

https://youtu.be/5IPyv4KgTAA
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I couldn’t last two episodes of Friends From College. Had high hopes going in...
    It just might not be up your alley, but I still think you gave up too early.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Semi-related to Netflix: I have now watched both Fyre docs. The Hulu one I found much better from a strictly critical standpoint. I think the Netflix one was well-made with more internal footage (due to Jerry Media) and getting interviews with those directly involved. It seems like the general critique of the Hulu on is that they paid that fuckface $250k. I would push back and say they treated him like someone, yes, that they paid but had to answer their questions which certainly were direct and made him uncomfortable. 

The Hulu doc went into more detail about how Magnises was an absolute joke, and how they just come out and say that these dudes were dipshits looking for a frat after they left college. Seemed to be more legit reporters involved with the Hulu one as well.
    Semi-related to Netflix: I have now watched both Fyre docs. The Hulu one I found much better from a strictly critical standpoint. I think the Netflix one was well-made with more internal footage (due to Jerry Media) and getting interviews with those directly involved. It seems like the general critique of the Hulu on is that they paid that fuckface $250k. I would push back and say they treated him like someone, yes, that they paid but had to answer their questions which certainly were direct and made him uncomfortable. 

The Hulu doc went into more detail about how Magnises was an absolute joke, and how they just come out and say that these dudes were dipshits looking for a frat after they left college. Seemed to be more legit reporters involved with the Hulu one as well.
    Both have their strong points for sure.  I do like that the Hulu doc dove more into Billy's history of douchebaggery.  It was funny how he had no answers to some of the questions.

Both have their strong points for sure.  I do like that the Hulu doc dove more into Billy's history of douchebaggery.  It was funny how he had no answers to some of the questions.
    Right, and the same argument against the Hulu doc for paying that shitbox can be the same argument made for the Netflix doc, which was co-produced by Jerry Media. Everyone wants a platform to say how it was wasn't their fault and get that message out. I just think there was room for more independence in the Hulu doc to make fun of everyone involved compared to the Netflix one, which also did a good job of that. And that's really what I'm here for - to bathe in all of these people's tears.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Both docs had their flaws.  The fact that Jerry Media was one of the producers of the Netflix doc is pretty crazy.  But I do agree that the Hulu doc was better.  Oh man that Magnises stuff was hilarious.  
  • Semi-related to Netflix: I have now watched both Fyre docs. The Hulu one I found much better from a strictly critical standpoint. I think the Netflix one was well-made with more internal footage (due to Jerry Media) and getting interviews with those directly involved. It seems like the general critique of the Hulu on is that they paid that fuckface $250k. I would push back and say they treated him like someone, yes, that they paid but had to answer their questions which certainly were direct and made him uncomfortable. 

Both docs had their flaws.  The fact that Jerry Media was one of the producers of the Netflix doc is pretty crazy.  But I do agree that the Hulu doc was better.  Oh man that Magnises stuff was hilarious.  
    I watched the Netflix one first and I think that's the way to go. You're right that the Hulu one was better. But I liked the Netflix one fine and then the Hulu one did a good job of filling in some blanks. I also liked McFarland as a bit of a mystery in the Netflix one and then he's revealed more in the Hulu one. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Nightflyers is the best sci-fi show out there..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Sex Education. very funny and entertaining, two episodes in. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

23scidoo said:
    my wife started watching this. So I joined her. Maybe she was just tired, but after about the 4th time the sequence started over she threw her arms up, said she couldn't take it, and went to bed. (neither of us had any idea what it was about going in, so the time loop thing was unknown to us). I think I'm going to keep watching it though. Only problem is, every time I see Natasha Lyonne in something, the phrase "rule of 3" keeps repeating in my head. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fundamentals of Caring.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Started watching Watership Down last night.  I'm only one episode in (it's 4 50-min episodes) but it's really well done so far. Loved the animated movie when I was a kid.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Finally finished the 2nd season of Glow
    Very good
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Just getting into this Russian Doll show - two or three episodes in, forget now - and not sure whether this is suppose to be a comedy or what. The dying part makes it interesting and it seems it's suppose to be lost somewhere between serious issues and comedy - the writing's halfway decent. I just hope it finds its way because the comedy part isn't that great.
    watched 3 episodes of Friends From College last night. Both my wife I thought it was great. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Finally finished the 2nd season of Glow
    Very good
    Love GLOW!!!

Of course, I could watch Alison Brie read the phonebook.
    I SAW PEARL JAM